TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake

Hi guys! I have A 2008 GT500. What are the modifications to make it A Super Snake? What would the cost be and how would it change the value of my car now and in the future? Would it be best to go to Vegas, Texas, or Rhode Island? Are there different horse power levels in the super snake? I really have a lot to learn. Thank you for your help.

Hi guys! I have A 2008 GT500. What are the modifications to make it A Super Snake? What would the cost be and how would it change the value of my car now and in the future? Would it be best to go to Vegas, Texas, or Rhode Island? Are there different horse power levels in the super snake? I really have a lot to learn. Thank you for your help.

Here's some info for you. LINK May not be 100% current but close enough..........Give Adrienne at SAI a call.

imho, don't worry about future value, do it because you want it.

If time is of the essence, inquire at Tasca or Quantum. I would guess they have less backlog but I could be wrong..............

Here you go.

http://www.shelbyautos.com/images/SSFlyer.pdf

Which modification center should you take your car to? You pay the shipping costs, so you might want to factor in geograpical distance from your residence to the closest mod center when making your decision on where to have it converted. Las Vegas seems to have the longest waiting list right now, but I couldn't tell you how long the list is at the other two centers is at this time.

Here you go.

http://www.shelbyautos.com/images/SSFlyer.pdf

Which modification center should you take your car to? You pay the shipping costs, so you might want to factor in geograpical distance from your residence to the closest mod center when making your decision on where to have it converted. Las Vegas seems to have the longest waiting list right now, but I couldn't tell you how long the list is at the other two centers is at this time.

am curious as to why you call your GO convert #12? I undersand the SS being # 12 but not the Convert?

am curious as to why you call your GO convert #12? I undersand the SS being # 12 but not the Convert?

If you were to see his VIN#, you would see his GO vert was the 12th car built. So he actually has a #12 GO vert AND a #12 SS :drool: I think it's kinda cool. And he has a pretty cool hand drawn pic of it too. Should I show it E?????

Bud

If you were to see his VIN#, you would see his GO vert was the 12th car built. So he actually has a #12 GO vert AND a #12 SS :drool: I think it's kinda cool. And he has a pretty cool hand drawn pic of it too. Should I show it E?????

Bud

I see what you are saying bud but his car was not the 12th gt500 built! It may have the VIN 00012 but there were at least 39 gt500's built before his.

Yes there were 50 consecutive vin gt500's but in actuality his was among the last of the 50. His built on June 14th. there were some built on june 15th and 2 built on the 22nd.

Just dont ask me how I know this.... LOL there were 5 or 6 built on June 14th so any one of them could have been built prior to his and not included in the 39. Its nice to see one with 0012 vin for both the gt500 and SS though

Bud

Show it, B, show it.

Show it, B, show it.

cool pic.

But I get it now the #12 has *nothing* to do with what order the car was built but is strictly the vin#

Just when it was stated car #12 one is led to believe its actually the 12th one built. Its cool its in the first 50 VINS just that

the VIN 200012 has nothing to do as far as order to when it was built and surely not build #12?

It would make more sense to say car is #41 of first 50 built than to say its car #12.

I remember it now as the car that dealer was trying to trouble shoot because the boost gauge was not working properly only to find out they forgot to do the J10 computer reset when the dealer prep was done?

would have to check records by phone, as remember VIN 200018

to be the 12th car built

for instance 200001 was actually built 1 day before 0012 on june 13th. majority of cars were buiilt prior to June 8th (of the first 50)

0002 june 13

003 june 7

004 june 7

005 june 8th

006 june 7th

008 june 20th

009 june 15th

0013 june 8th

0014 june 7th

0015 june 8th

0016 june 9th

and on and on actually 00013 thru 0023 were all built prior to 00012

edit add: just called the resource number and found 0012 actually had the computer replaced because they missed the J10 reset.

Archived