TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR knockoff again

The thing that sucks for those you with the GT500's now and all these knock offs being made after the fact is you are now going to get the question whether yours is a real one. As a genuine owner will that bother you if someone asks you? I know it wouldn't bother me when we get ours in the future, but just curious if it bothers those of you who have them now? Maybe this is a question for a whole new thread specifically if that question would bother anyone.

Shelby Dude, you are right - it needs brakes to pull anything off. I do like the look but the KR side stripes ruin it.

If you want a KR, buy a KR. If you want a GT 500, buy a GT 500. If you want to have fun, Rogerize it and make it your own! :D

The thing that sucks for those you with the GT500's now and all these knock offs being made after the fact is you are now going to get the question whether yours is a real one. As a genuine owner will that bother you if someone asks you? I know it wouldn't bother me when we get ours in the future, but just curious if it bothers those of you who have them now? Maybe this is a question for a whole new thread specifically if that question would bother anyone.

Wouldn't bother me!

Look at the BRIGHT side to all this. If a lot of clones are made where everyone starts thinking everyone they see is probably a clone, that could mean less people likely to mess with our cars when they are sitting in a parking lot or somewhere. :happy feet:

Wouldn't bother me!

Look at the BRIGHT side to all this. If a lot of clones are made where everyone starts thinking everyone they see is probably a clone, that could mean less people likely to mess with our cars when they are sitting in a parking lot or somewhere. :happy feet:

I can't speak for you but my car never leaves my sight once it's out of the stable.

• 3 weeks later...
:hysterical:

wow, got to love the black car...........hood pins in the wrong place, letters at rear wrong...........and someone will like that car??? dummies

Even my wife noticed the pins were in the wrong place, no SHELBY on the front and Shelby on the back was too close together.... if she can figure out the difference, then anyone can!!! Trust me... she even said that !! Areal mustang lover knows what a real one looks like and they stay close enough away to appreciate it!!!

Yeah I have seen 2 clones sold by Jordan Ford that are sold as GT350...

One Vista blue white stripe, one black red stripe coupe

I would have thought that was infringement...but I guess they can do it....the only thing they leave off is the Shelby lettering

I could have swore I saw one on Woodward last weekend too because it didn't have the right hood and a lot of things were out of place on the car. Oh well.

There was a Blue FAKE one on Woodward. I was walking by the SVT area and I saw what I thought was a KR across the street by the Shelby Area. The hood was up and I wanted to see the Engine bay on a KR. I ask my friend to walk over. As we get close I see no SC and I say it is a Fake! The dude comes running over and yelling at me don't call my car a fake! He runs to the trunk and gets out a book with pictures and shows me a pikcture of a Kenne Bell SC and says do you have one of these? I say no and you have no SC at all. He then tells us he was at Shelby's 85th Birthday Party, and we say so were 5000 other people.

Finally we leave and he runs us down at the other end of the lot with more " Don't call my car a fake " So I say, OK I won't but it is NOT A SHELBY!

The SVT guys loved the story.. :happy feet:

If you see a Light Blue kinda looks like a KR run really fast!!

Archived