TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone know how to find out who your engine builders were? (can't read the signatures)

CRQuarto

Michael, looks like you are going to be our go-to guy for engine builder identification. Welcome to the site and thanks for building these awesome automotive works of art and helping us figure out who your co-workers were.

How about these 2 guys?

IMG_1875.jpg

I'm guessing O.J. Henson and Marc Bittner. These look alot easier than some of the others I've seen on this thread. Good penmanship. I'm having a flashback to my Catholic elementary school days with Sister Mary Elephant hovering over my knuckles with a 3-sided ruler. As I recall, Cheech and Chong were there as well. :hysterical:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My name is michael deitch and i am a builder. Your motor was built by tim parrot & paul dougherty. thay have built for quite some time and are very good. We at romeo take great pride in what we build and hope you all enjoy your mustangs.

i visited with Vito and Bob and the link is in my signature....it was a memory that will stay with me forever....the pride you guys have in building those engines shows no doubt and shines in our engine bays...!!

Kimberly Naylor & Robert (a Maskalf Jr. ???).

this is what I posted on another site:

I might have the same two; for sure on kimberly naylor; but the second name looked kinda like robert or roberta, and the last name was a mess, started with an M, but I was thinking mallory or montgomery, with a jr at the end. and I thought my signature was tough to read

I never got a response, but it sounds like we have the same engine builders.

:hysterical3: Some of you have asked how many builders are on the niche line. The number is 31 skilled builders. Most of which have been there for many years. my partners name is Terrence barr. I am in the process of turning everyone on to this forum. We all like to talk to the people who drive these cars. don't have any team pic's but i will try to get some to post. I have one question is there any way we can get some info on the tour date? last year i missed the dearborn show will there be another one? if so i would like to be there. hope to see you all soon....

thanks

Romeo niche line

:hysterical3: Some of you have asked how many builders are on the niche line. The number is 31 skilled builders. Most of which have been there for many years. my partners name is Terrence barr. I am in the process of turning everyone on to this forum. We all like to talk to the people who drive these cars. don't have any team pic's but i will try to get some to post. I have one question is there any way we can get some info on the tour date? last year i missed the dearborn show will there be another one? if so i would like to be there. hope to see you all soon....

thanks

Romeo niche line

Thanks for the Info,

Could you post a list of names of the builders and group them by teams?

I think this would help all of us identify our builders signatures.

Alan

thanks

Romeo niche line

Sir, here is the info on the Dearborn event:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...DE=04&eid=1

Thank you for posting on these boards, you have made the day of a LOT of people here (maybe even all of them!) I know everyone always has stated that they wish they could meet or talk to their engine builders, myself included. I actually wrote a letter to my builders a couple weeks ago, I am hoping they recieved it :happy feet:

Team Shelby Dearborn 2008

This event is sold out. Please check back for any possible cancellations.

Schedule of events:

Wednesday 10 September 2008

• Registration and Meet & Greet at Dearborn Hyatt Regency (host hotel). Food provided. Cash bar available. Special gift bags will be given out for each paid ticket.

Thursday 11 September 2008

• Ford Flat Rock (AAI) Mustang Assembly Plant Tour.

• Lunch provided.

• Tour and dinner at Henry Ford Estate (Fairlane) in Dearborn, Michigan.

• Hospitality room for those staying at the Hyatt.

Friday 12 September 2008

• Ford Romeo 5.4L GT500 Niche line engine plant tour.

• Lunch provided.

• Tour and banquet at the Automotive Hall of Fame. Dearborn, Michigan. Includes guest speaker and giveaways.

• Hospitality room for those staying at the Hyatt.

Saturday 13 September 2008

• Ford and Shelby Mustang show at Ford World Headquarters. Dearborn, Michigan.

• Lunch provided, D.J. and giveaways.

Important Notes:

• Cost per ticket is $199.99. Each Team Shelby member can purchase up to two tickets. One for the member and one for a guest.

• Order/date of events is subject to change.

• Host hotel is the Dearborn Hyatt Regency. Special rate is $127.00 per night. Call 800.233.1234 and use "Team Shelby Room Blocks."

• After your RSVP, you will receive a PM with payment instructions. Please make sure you can receive PMs. Login and click here to make sure your "Disable your personal messenger?" box is set to "No" and your PM box is not full.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT

Need help using the RSVP system? Click here.

Thanks engine builders for getting on the site!

Can you tell us how you got the job building the GT500 engine?

It it based on experience, skill level or just plain luck?

What do you think of the engine from the builder side?

Why is the counter weight smaller on the '08 crank than the '07?

I could ask questions all day, thanks for any inside information.

Thanks for installing the fastest engines in the "07 Alloy GT500, You Guys Rock!! :peelout:

thanks

Romeo niche line

Mike,

Welcome to the forum. You and Terrence built the engine in my 08 Vert. Thank you :banvictory:

Welcome Michael! Thank you for taking as much pride in building my engine as I do driving my GT500 - it is a pleasure to drive. Mine is one of the last 2007s built and has close to 3000 miles on it.

Can you identify your partner on my engine label?

engine_builders_1.jpg

Same as me!!!

thanks

Romeo niche line

That's awesome!!

Thanks for the info Michael.

I'll be on the tour - hope to meet you and Terrence.

My engine is great - you guys kicked azz!!

Enginesigs.jpg

Hi Michael, welcome to the site. Definitely a lot of people here who appreciate the hard work you do.

Do you recognize my second builder? First one's Matt Thomas, and the second is Thomas Klan or Khan or ??? I'd love to meet them one day, but I won't be able to make it to the Dearborn event...this time anyways.

(Sorry for the dirt! I really do keep it clean!)

engine-plaque2.jpg

I'd also love to know if the guys who built my '96 Cobra are still around, but I don't remember who they are or have a pic of the sticker, and it's currently in storage. Could get one tomorrow though... :lol:

Do you know if there is a charge to get in to the car show on sat. Would like to come down with my wife.

Honestly I am not sure sir, but I would imagine Sharon or Robert could help out with that as you ARE employees of Ford, I would hope that as builders of our engines they could let you in for free...that's what I would do at least.

this is what I posted on another site:

I might have the same two; for sure on kimberly naylor; but the second name looked kinda like robert or roberta, and the last name was a mess, started with an M, but I was thinking mallory or montgomery, with a jr at the end. and I thought my signature was tough to read

I never got a response, but it sounds like we have the same engine builders.

probably Kimberly Naylor & Robert Maskell Jr.

thanks

Romeo niche line

Michael.... i had the chance to visit with Bob and Vito and what a great time i had there...you can look at my signature to see the link there...you guys are great and it is an honor to meet and visit with you.

I found it useful to hold a small flashlight from the side to highlight the plate while trying to read or take a picture. Also once you have

a digital picture you can open it in photoshop or other program and play with the brightness and contrast to make it more readable.

Also while were on the subject, my engine buiders plate has lifted on one end. Does anyone have any ideas as to what adhevsive or two sided tape to use that would stand up to the heat.

Thanks

Hi, This is Matt, One of the gt 500 engine builders.The name on your tag is Tim Parrot and Paul Douerty.

Hi Michael, welcome to the site. Definitely a lot of people here who appreciate the hard work you do.

Do you recognize my second builder? First one's Matt Thomas, and the second is Thomas Klan or Khan or ??? I'd love to meet them one day, but I won't be able to make it to the Dearborn event...this time anyways.

(Sorry for the dirt! I really do keep it clean!)

engine-plaque2.jpg

I'd also love to know if the guys who built my '96 Cobra are still around, but I don't remember who they are or have a pic of the sticker, and it's currently in storage. Could get one tomorrow though... :lol:

Hi This is Matt Thomas I hope that you are enjoying your ride. Tom Henson is the other name on your tag .

This is really cool that some of the builders are comming to the site!

I leave the hood up on my GT500 all the time in the garage and my wife asked the other day "why do you always leave the hood up like something is wrong with the engine?". I respond, "because the engine in this thing is like a work of art!". I can't imagine a better looking piece of machinery! Great job to all the builders and designers of this thing. It is truely AWESOME!

Mine appears to have been built by Laurie Bowen and Jeff ???Petusa??? I can't get a picture of the plate, so the second is a wild guess on the last name.

All I know is my engine builder team builds the most powerful engine and it was put in the fastest color car, alloy. Everybody knows that they put the fastest stuff in the sleeper color......

Archived