TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone know how to find out who your engine builders were? (can't read the signatures)

CRQuarto

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take off your air cleaner case. Pull out the red tab on the MAF sensor plug and unplug it, loosen the rubber, and pull off the top and the filter. Remove the single bolt holding in the big black box, and pop it out. We're talking something like a minute of labor.

Anyway, now you will have an unobstructed view of the plate, and can get up close and personal.

I found it useful to hold a small flashlight from the side to highlight the plate while trying to read or take a picture. Also once you have

a digital picture you can open it in photoshop or other program and play with the brightness and contrast to make it more readable.

Also while were on the subject, my engine buiders plate has lifted on one end. Does anyone have any ideas as to what adhevsive or two sided tape to use that would stand up to the heat.

Thanks

This is the best I can do with the camera I have at hand. My girlfriend has a Nikon D40 with all the crazy lenses and such, but I couldn't get a hold of it today.

buildplate.jpg

The first name I cant read at all. The second one, looks like maybe Paul Daneter? I can't really tell :(

The first name is Tim Parrott. He is one of my builders.

Second one dunno but kinda looks like Paul Davenport????

Can you take a picture of your build plate for me so I can verify the first name? The second name, second part of it, looks too short to be Davenport, I think it may be Daneter, but its hard to say for sure :(

Perfect match, so the first one is Tim Parrott...second looks like Paul Daneter. Anyone know of a way to contact them or have a number at Dearborn that I can call and confirm these names?

Did you meet your engine builders msmap?

The second builder is Paul Daneter maybe? Not sure that the last name is spelled right.

My name is michael deitch and i am a builder. Your motor was built by tim parrot & paul dougherty. thay have built for quite some time and are very good. We at romeo take great pride in what we build and hope you all enjoy your mustangs.

My name is michael deitch and i am a builder. Your motor was built by tim parrot & paul dougherty. thay have built for quite some time and are very good. We at romeo take great pride in what we build and hope you all enjoy your mustangs.

Hi Michael,

Do you know Brian Klepak and Fred Kemp? They built my red 08 coupe. Very pleased with my car! I was wondering if they were still working there? It'd be great to get a photo of these two gentlemen.

Welcome Michael! Thank you for taking as much pride in building my engine as I do driving my GT500 - it is a pleasure to drive. Mine is one of the last 2007s built and has close to 3000 miles on it.

Can you identify your partner on my engine label?

engine_builders_1.jpg

FRPP_CAI.jpg

Welcome Michael,

Thanks for taking pride in your job, Believe me when I say that all of us here appreciate and enjoy the great engines you guys are putting out.

Can you identify these 2 signatures?

Alan

100_4548a.jpg

Whoa, hello sir! Thank you so much for the confirmation, I really appreciate it, every little bit of information I can get on this car is a huge help so I can put together a folder for it for my kids some day.

Archived