TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front Fascia

3railbank

OK-- Stupid me. Pulled into the garage this evening and the wife has a basket sticking out slightly. This basket has areas of yellow-orange plastic trim/wrapping. Barely got into this basket on the front fascia just in front of the wheel. Now I have a line about 2 inches long that is about this same yellow-orange. The question is: does anybody know what color the underlying molding is? Do I just have a small amount of transferred plastic which should polish out or is this line a scratch through the ebony color coat? Need to know which way to start since, if I start polishing and I'm already through the color, the problem will likely get worse. Not a complete disaster either way but this really shows up on the black. Leaving in the AM for a week and this will bug me until I get back. Thanks

OK-- Stupid me. Pulled into the garage this evening and the wife has a basket sticking out slightly. This basket has areas of yellow-orange plastic trim/wrapping. Barely got into this basket on the front fascia just in front of the wheel. Now I have a line about 2 inches long that is about this same yellow-orange. The question is: does anybody know what color the underlying molding is? Do I just have a small amount of transferred plastic which should polish out or is this line a scratch through the ebony color coat? Need to know which way to start since, if I start polishing and I'm already through the color, the problem will likely get worse. Not a complete disaster either way but this really shows up on the black. Leaving in the AM for a week and this will bug me until I get back. Thanks

3railbank,

If it is simply a scuff from the basket on the surface of the bumper, I pass along a quick and easy trick we used at the dealership when our vehicles' corner edges would get bumped on the lot....take a nice clean microfiber towel and dab it with some laquer thinner and rub across the afllicted section...if it is a surface scuff, you will see it come off almost immediately. The laquer thinner WILL NOT hurt your painted surfaces , but will RUIN the finish of non-painted plastic, such as the front splitter.

Once you have finished cleaning the scuff off, apply a little wax to the ares wiped by laquer thinner....this will further clean and re-protect the area that the laquer thinner cleaned.

Just remember to NOT rub the laquer thinner on anything that was NOT painted, such as all the black plastic trim, etc...just painted surfaces.

Let me know if this works....it still does for me! :happy feet:

-Simply Sudguy4

As I have a bad habit of driving way too close to the ass end of ac cobras during the Mid-America meet (okay, okay, only for split seconds at a time :hysterical: ) and catching all the rocks and marbles they throw; I can tell you that my front fascia is black.

Pretty sure you've just got a scuff mark.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived