TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front bumper CSM ID

What would you think of placing your CSM number on the front bumper. Sort of like the Saleen designation only in a different font and only in bright silver to match the stripes on the SGT's. Has anyone given this any thought? And would you do it?

Just a boring rainny day today and trying to keep the brain cells moving. :hysterical:

Roger

I am thinking outloud here............matching the Shelby side font and laying it italisized in open numbers. What do you think? I could have it done in all of the side stripe colors but I was thinking laminated silver metallic to match all of the striping and to not be too loud. The fender stipes are LOUD enough :hysterical:

true, very true. that sounds great. I had them on both my 2003 mach 1 and my 2003 lightning, they looked bad ass.

what do you think of the rookie stripes on the sig?

I like it!

I'm thinking about a cursive SGT-California on the side of the hood scoop once I get the sill plates. I have a friend that has the machine. I can design, she will cut them out!

Roger, if you act the draft-horse again, they'll turn out nice, again! :happy feet:

Dan

true, very true. that sounds great. I had them on both my 2003 mach 1 and my 2003 lightning, they looked bad ass.

what do you think of the rookie stripes on the sig?

You know I was looking at that and thought it was very cool! B) I like!

I will be at the graphics shop this week and will do a set and take some pictures of the finished product. I'll post up when completed.

Roger

I like it!

I'm thinking about a cursive SGT-California on the side of the hood scoop once I get the sill plates. I have a friend that has the machine. I can design, she will cut them out!

Roger, if you act the draft-horse again, they'll turn out nice, again! :happy feet:

Dan

Looks like I'm going to just DO IT!

Roger

I'll reserve judgement until I see the final result but I'm still of a less is more attitude with this car. It's a beautiful and elegant implementation and I don't want to ruin that. As always feel free to do as you wish to your car! Your enjoyment of it is all that should matter! But you did ask! ;)

I was at the Ford show Sat. at Goddard park ( I took first) and a guy had his number from SVT on his '01 Cobra. While I was talking to him about 4 people noticed it and they all said the same thing "Oh, like a Saleen?" If you don't mind hearing that go for it.

I was at the Ford show Sat. at Goddard park ( I took first) and a guy had his number from SVT on his '01 Cobra. While I was talking to him about 4 people noticed it and they all said the same thing "Oh, like a Saleen?" If you don't mind hearing that go for it.

Mike, they ran the show in all of that RAIN!!!!! You must have been going crazy!

I'll reserve judgement until I see the final result but I'm still of a less is more attitude with this car. It's a beautiful and elegant implementation and I don't want to ruin that. As always feel free to do as you wish to your car! Your enjoyment of it is all that should matter! But you did ask! ;)

I agree Jeff and yes I did. :) The hamsters were moving a little slowly that day. :lol:

Ok, I need opinions on size and placement.

I am thinking the smaller of the 2 and below the passenger headlight on the flat surface of the bumper. They are made in the same font as the SHELBY GT side stripe lettering.

Both side by side

TerlinguaandIDs004.jpg

Large

TerlinguaandIDs003.jpg

Small

TerlinguaandIDs002.jpg

I went to Sat. show only. It was nice out all day. Sun. I worked. I vote for the smaller size under the headlight.

What headlight? Driver side or passenger side?

I thought you went Sunday!!!! :hysterical: Should have had a boat on Sunday!

dont think I like it there, what about on the front of the bumper between the stripe and turn signal, drivers side?

That's what I like.............instant feedback! :)

I'll do that. After I try this. Still don't know if I like this idea.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

That's what I like.............instant feedback! :)

I'll do that. After I try this. Still don't know if I like this idea.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Roger - I think the current numbers might be a bit too small. However I am used to seeing the Saleen numbers and that is all I think about now when I see them now, a Saleen! I do seem to like it though but it is just catching me off guard. How do the larger number look?

You do have some excellent thoughts on new stuff for the Shelby GT's I say keep up the awesome work!

Swede

Roger - I think the current numbers might be a bit too small. However I am used to seeing the Saleen numbers and that is all I think about now when I see them now, a Saleen! I do seem to like it though but it is just catching me off guard. How do the larger number look?

You do have some excellent thoughts on new stuff for the Shelby GT's I say keep up the awesome work!

Swede

The larger numbers are in the photo's above. Right under the headlight. The smaller numbers are between the headlight and grill. I am thinking the same thing as you. Don't know if this is going to work. But I have one more idea for placment. I will have another small set cut and then post pictures. A little different but I think it will have a good effect. That will be my last stab at this. Thank you for the encouragement.

Roger

Archived