TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Show us your stripes!

RogerS

Hope this picture turns out good!StripedShelby.jpg

SWEDEMAN SWEDEMAN :drool:

Dang man, I'm not a fan of 20" Razors and certainly don't relish the work of keeping a black Shelby clean and although a part of me likes the fender stripes, sort of, I wasn't a big fan until.... dang man! Thats nice! The black and chrome razors plus the silver pit stripes. Just beautiful. Jim Like. You done good Swede :woot:

Jim

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A calendar would be a GREAT idea!!! Of course, by the time we finally get around to it, it'll need to be a 24 month calendar...LOL

Something like this would be the easy part...

Calendar.pdf

Getting them made up and then mailed out would be the REAL job...

Maybe something that could be put in the TS Club Store???

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

Calendar.pdf

Thank you! I really can not take all the credit here....Dave C. really put me onto the the chrome 20" Razors and Roger "the Idea Man" put me onto the silver pit stripes, so I gotta give those guys the cred- Thanks again everybody!

Something like this would be the easy part...

Calendar.pdf

Getting them made up and then mailed out would be the REAL job...

Maybe something that could be put in the TS Club Store???

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

Gregg, why don't you send Amy and e-mail with the suggestion. You never know.

Dave, looks great! You did an awesome job on the install. Set 2 on the way.

Roger

Roger

Roger,

I will e-mail Amy with the suggestion... Maybe in time for the upcoming 2009 CS Children's Foundation calendar??? Looking at last year's, it was a "Tribute to the Cobra" theme... Who knows??? For next year, it can be full of the New-Gen Cars with the Pit Stripes on them...

Gregg

Edit: E-mail sent to Amy with some of the pics from this thread... Will have to see what/if anything comes of it...

Roger

Roger - I am waiting for the second set to arrive..... Thansk again-

Swede

Hope this picture turns out good!StripedShelby.jpg

Dang, Wow!! Your car has put me over the edge. The silver stripes just mesh with the whole look of the car. Very, very nice.

I need to get some stripes in silver and see how they look on white. I'm afraid they won't have the same look as on the black but it still might look good.

Wow, again just plain old sweet looking ride.

Great looking picture by the way. Very good lighting and angle.

Dang, Wow!! Your car has put me over the edge. The silver stripes just mesh with the whole look of the car. Very, very nice.

I need to get some stripes in silver and see how they look on white. I'm afraid they won't have the same look as on the black but it still might look good.

Wow, again just plain old sweet looking ride.

Great looking picture by the way. Very good lighting and angle.

I should be the one complimenting you! Your Shelby is just hot! The 20" inch CS69's with the GT500 spoiler and SGT stripes is so strong. I think your car would look incredible with the FIA Pit Stripes. Roger is the "Idea Man" give him a PM and get 'em. Thansk for the compliment, I appreciate it.

I do now. :)

WOW.........that's a tough call. I like the "factory placement" on the upper fender but I also like the placement above the PBF logo.

Did you place the upper in line with the PBF logo to balance placement?

TerGall11-1024.jpg

TerGall207-1024.jpg

To all of the members of the fender stripe club....your cars look awesome. :drool:

It doesn't seem to matter what color is chosen...not a bad one in the bunch.

And I get some really cool background pictures for my PC. :camera:

Regarding my earlier comment on getting "complimented" on my "corvette stripes", I have done a bit of research. I can find plenty of historical photos of Cobras with these stripes, but the earliest is dated March 1963. The Grand Sport Corvettes, of which there were only five originals, also raced in 1963, but I have not been able to locate their debut date. Did they race before March? I have also found plenty of pics of those original five, but none had the fender stripes. Did non-GS Corvettes use similar stripes at an earlier date? I did find a reference while looking at the 1996 version of the GS. The Corvette site says that the 1996 red fender stripes are a tribute to the original five GS, which sometimes ran the stripes as an ID assister, just like the Cobras. So I still don't know which car displayed the stripes first, the Cobra or the Corvette. Maybe they both copied off of something else? Either way, given the numbers of cars raced, I would have to assume that many more Cobras than Corvettes used these stripes, and they cannot then be considered an original Corvette design. Anyone got more info?

WOW.........that's a tough call. I like the "factory placement" on the upper fender but I also like the placement above the PBF logo.

Did you place the upper in line with the PBF logo to balance placement?

TerGall11-1024.jpg

TerGall207-1024.jpg

Dang it Roger! Now I've got to try to find the Social Director Carroll Shelby decal too!!! Anyone have any idea where to come up with that one and what colors it is available in????

car looks fantastic Swede. Great job.

Swede....That is one fricking sweet photograph of your car. what were the conditions? Right at sun down with a flash or what. Also looks like you might have been on a ladder or up high somehow. Give us the scoop.

Gary

Swede....That is one fricking sweet photograph of your car. what were the conditions? Right at sun down with a flash or what. Also looks like you might have been on a ladder or up high somehow. Give us the scoop.

Gary

GEM427 - Thanks again!

The steps I used when taking that picture:

1) Used a 3 step ladder

2) Took picture on 3rd step (show the stripes from front to the back of car)

3) Car is at approx. 35-45 degree angle

4) Time: 8:00 PM approx. (just before dusk with flash)

Ok, a little note about rosssvt (Roger).

I asked him for a set of red stripes and before i was able to get the M.O. in the mail, the stripes were on their way. After getting the stripes, i attempted to set them on the fender. I buggered the 1st stripe but went ahead and installed the 2nd stripe. I then went to use the spare stripe (awesome idea to send a spare stripe) and had a problem with it. It was my fault since i got the back of the paper wet and a piece of backing stuck to the spare stripe.

I emailed Roger and told him i may have to purchase another set because of the trouble i had. He said he'd send me a new stripe "free of charge" . Needless to say, i removed the buggered stripe and was able to clean and use the spare stripe. The stripes came out great and i like the way it looks on my Vista Blue car.

I just wanted you guys to know what type of guy you're dealing with when buying from Roger. Stand up guy in my book.

Thanks.

post-11668-1218915962_thumb.jpg

Joe, we need a picture!!

Glad everything worked out. I had another ready to go just in case.

Thanks for the compliment, I just want to treat people the way they should and help whenever I can.

Roger

Archived