TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Show us your stripes!

RogerS

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine are 1.5" with a 1" gap. I wouldn't have thought of red as a good accent color for blue (and others may still feel that way), but I really like it. And they go with the PBF logo and the red center caps, too. Whether people like them or not, I couldn't get more attention if I strapped Pamela Anderson to the hood.

Well, you know what I mean...

Red on blue looks great. where did you get the stripes at?

Don,

You do NOT wrap under the fender. They are cut to the fender line. The top should be cut to the edge of the fender. Mine have a slight wrap just covering the edge of the fender line. I suggest going with the 2" stripe. That is the same size as the large part of your side stripe and keeps all of the stripes symmetrical.

Roger

My question is how are the ends of the stripe cut ? do they wrap over the edges (fender to hood and wheel well) and then cut parallel to the adjacent edge or are they cut short of the edge ? Don

Actually, I DID wrap mine at the top lip of the wheel well and inside the engine compartment too...I just pulled them up inside the wheel well, smoothed everything out nice and then trimmed them even with the inside lip where the liner meets...in the engine compartment, just wrapped them enough to have about a 1/4 inch or so inside the fender...No problems so far, and mine is pretty much a daily driver!

the blue looks sweet Dan!

***edit*** Thanks. Not many here seem to like the blue...

Whether people like them or not, I couldn't get more attention if I strapped Pamela Anderson to the hood.

Well... I wouldn't go that far! :drool: Looks great!

My question is how are the ends of the stripe cut ? do they wrap over the edges (fender to hood and wheel well) and then cut parallel to the adjacent edge or are they cut short of the edge ? Don

I cut mine on top equidistant between the hood and fender with the hood closed and wrapped down, and I cut bottom about 1/4" wrapped under fender...

Dan

I cut mine on top equidistant between the hood and fender with the hood closed and wrapped down, and I cut bottom about 1/4" wrapped under fender...

Dan

+1 I think this is how I did mine too. whatever equidistant means, I mean come on im in Oklahoma :hysterical:

Mine are 1.5" with a 1" gap. I wouldn't have thought of red as a good accent color for blue (and others may still feel that way), but I really like it. And they go with the PBF logo and the red center caps, too. Whether people like them or not, I couldn't get more attention if I strapped Pamela Anderson to the hood.

Well, you know what I mean...

that looks very nice. great center caps too!

Not hard at all. Just take your time and make sure the surface is wet so it provides movement of the stripe during placement. Clean the area first so it is free of wax etc. A little patience goes a long way.

Thanks 356 and 1977. I got my stripes at a local Fast Sign vinyl graphics store. I just asked for four strips 1.5" by 14". They had a minimum purchase of $25, but when they saw how little I wanted, they hardly knew what to do with me. They told the clerk to charge me $5 and not to fill out a ticket, but to just put the money in the "pizza" fund! When they handed me the stripes, they gave me six "just in case". Nice people! I went with the red because it reminded me of the 427 Cobras that used the same color scheme, then I went with red center caps to tie it all together. I think it worked, but definitely not everyone's cup of tea. Very easy to install, very frustrating to get it all laid out symmetrical on both sides. I also wrapped the edges a bit. Make sure to remove the wax first!

Looks like you can't go wrong with any color on the vista blue. Nice! Still contemplating the stripes guys not too sure of what color still being that the original colors were blue, red and yellow. I like the silver to match the stripes already there so really have not made up my mind yet but it is coming.

Got my Stripes!! Now I'm waiting on the Terlingua Decals!!

OFF TOPIC: New Lower Grille Insert, and Clear Signals make cameo appearences also!

Thank You Roger "Spider Man" !!!!

Trevor, LOOKS AWESOME! :happy feet:

Love the clear signals. Any issues with installation?

Very nice job! Another member of the club! ;)

SM :hysterical:

Installation of the stripes was fun actually. . . vinyl graphics 101 with the first attempt on the first set of stripes. . . after that it was easy!!

Clear signals. . .?? - they weren't too hard actually. . . the mitchell's labor line notes say "Includes R&I Fender Liners"

So you have to loosen the liners so you can pull them out of the way a bit. There's no screws or anything like that - simply collapsable clips - squeeze them, they stay and then pull the signal lenses off the collapsed clips - lamp housing pops off, pull them out through the fender/wheel well. Then the new ones, once lined up properly, simply snap back into place. Took me a little less than an hour.

I'm waiting on the Clear Rear bumper refelector/side markers to come in the mail from American Muscle!

Again - thank you Roger for getting those shipped out to me as fast as you did!

Thank you Mark and Adam!!

It was mentioned somewhere in this thread the Yellow would 'jump off the car' . . . . . I've always thought Yellow was the "BOLD" accent color for Blue.

Who's Jim? :headscratch: (I know who Jim is. . . . I'm just messin' with ya! . . . . We're actually related. . . . . He's my Father's Cousin)

Trevor

Roger said I could be part of the club. Im going to REDO the second stripe. Just couldnt do it today. Wanted to get them on and see what they looked like.

michael morris

Picture098.jpg

MM, That black is perfect on the red! The SS is so awesome anyway!

Very nice!

Archived