TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Show us your stripes!

RogerS

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have also read that they were called Rookie Stripes. Newer drivers had them on their cars. I think they evolced to further identify cars & drivers. Either way, thay are neat and part of the racing history.

Great way to incorporate that history into the new Shelby's.

I think you may be right on that!

After seeing the pictures I agree. They are too small. With the 2" stripe you have a 1" space between the 2 stripes. With the 1" stripe the space would be small to keep it cimetrical and would not be much larger than the total of one 2" stripe. Go with the 2" and run the 1" space. You will be happy you did. I tried most of the variations and the 2" works/looks the best for the location and size of the front fender. Make sure the vinyl you are using has a laminated clear coating. If not you may have spotting and fading issues long term. Just a helpful hint.

Roger

I have also read that they were called Rookie Stripes. Newer drivers had them on their cars. I think they evolced to further identify cars & drivers. Either way, thay are neat and part of the racing history.

Great way to incorporate that history into the new Shelby's.

That is correct. They still run them today. Bright yellow on the rear bumper is the indicator in NASCAR. Usually rookies were identified by the yellow color.

Roger

After seeing the pictures I agree. They are too small. With the 2" stripe you have a 1" space between the 2 stripes. With the 1" stripe the space would be small to keep it cimetrical and would not be much larger than the total of one 2" stripe. Go with the 2" and run the 1" space. You will be happy you did. I tried most of the variations and the 2" works/looks the best for the location and size of the front fender. Make sure the vinyl you are using has a laminated clear coating. If not you may have spotting and fading issues long term. Just a helpful hint.

Roger

Thanks, for all the help I will do that!

Make sure the vinyl you are using has a laminated clear coating. If not you may have spotting and fading issues long term. Just a helpful hint.

Roger

Or you could keep changing them like me! :hysterical:

blueFIA03.jpg

:lurk:

Just added my 1" stripes along with my SGT number on the front bumper. Just a tad bit subtle tell me what you think.

They look too tiny on there using the 1" stripes....leave the back one on there, rip the front one off and use the back one as a guide for new 2" stripes then peel the back one off leaving your 1" space between them....Then it'll look GREAT!!!! I went with the silver on my Blue SGT just to keep the same stripe look...and I like it a LOT!

PitStripesLeft.jpg

They look too tiny on there using the 1" stripes....leave the back one on there, rip the front one off and use the back one as a guide for new 2" stripes then peel the back one off leaving your 1" space between them....Then it'll look GREAT!!!! I went with the silver on my Blue SGT just to keep the same stripe look...and I like it a LOT!

PitStripesLeft.jpg

thanks, i am going to try that later on in the week and post some more pics.

i really want to do this, but i dont know what color looks good on a white car? ps roger im totally envious of your car it looks real good.

If you want to go understated go with the silver. Red is BOLD, yellow would be a nice option. If you are not tied into the Terlingua shade go bright Yellow. There is also Matte Black.

Thank you for the complinent. I'm very pleased with the overall look and performance.

Roger

Rog....is installation included with my personal delivery? :hysterical::hysterical:

Michael, yours are already in the mail. If you don't want to tackle the project I can do it when I come down in August. :)

I think I may have to bring a few sets though. I may be installing for awhile. :lol::lol:

Michael, yours are already in the mail. If you don't want to tackle the project I can do it when I come down in August. :)

I think I may have to bring a few sets though. I may be installing for awhile. :lol::lol:

Installation included, that's a great deal! Just let me know what day to block off on my calendar Roger. Only 5 more days til August!

I agree they look great on the coupes. I would have to see it on a convertible before I could make up my mind. I know red is bold but red is the accent I see most on our vista blue SGT "vert". Silver, Black and Blue would work too. I dunno about yellow though (on the vista blue)...

Red PBF badge

Red tribar pony stripe

Red marker and brake lights

If I did it, it would have to be red but I am not sure if it would look right on a convertible. Somebody do it first and post so I can make up my mind :)

I agree they look great on the coupes. I would have to see it on a convertible before I could make up my mind. I know red is bold but red is the accent I see most on our vista blue SGT "vert". Silver, Black and Blue would work too. I dunno about yellow though (on the vista blue)...

Red PBF badge

Red tribar pony stripe

Red marker and brake lights

If I did it, it would have to be red but I am not sure if it would look right on a convertible. Somebody do it first and post so I can make up my mind :)

Well, I think you should "Just Do It"...of course, I'm partial to the satin silver on the Blue SGT...it is as Roger said, a little mor subtle, and personally, I think it would look very good on a Vista Blue Vert!

Mine are 1.5" with a 1" gap. I wouldn't have thought of red as a good accent color for blue (and others may still feel that way), but I really like it. And they go with the PBF logo and the red center caps, too. Whether people like them or not, I couldn't get more attention if I strapped Pamela Anderson to the hood.

Well, you know what I mean...

post-12805-1217278331.jpg

post-12805-1217278340.jpg

post-12805-1217278331.jpg

post-12805-1217278340.jpg

Archived