TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A White Terlingua

sprint200

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sincere apologies for going AWOL. :baby:

We had family and friends to visit for Christmas. When I finally got access to my brother-in-law's computer, I realized that I had left the USB cable for our camera at home. :doh: Of course its connection to the camera side was proprietary and the cables he had didn't fit. When I tried to plug my SD card into his computer I crashed his system :finger: Then when we put the card in his camera and got it uploaded to the computer, he didn't have any software to reduce the size........................

Well you get the idea.

The car story is even better. First you'll notice that the car has the prototype front end as opposed to the latest info on the brochure. We started this process back in August with our deposit and the kit was originally ordered about the last week in August. So it was before the latest revisions to the base package and we ended up not getting the CS6 bumper cover. In fact except for the wheels it is all the old specs.

We had originally wanted to have it ready for the Terlingua event in September, but that didn't work out. So we then targeted this past weekend. I thought this would give plenty of time for everything to be done with little drama. I was wrong.

It turns out that the striping kit had never been sent. So Saturday morning the family was halfway to Dallas, eating at IHOP when Glenn from Quantum calls. He explained that while the car itself was complete, Lucifer would not be on the car. They had tried twice to get a kit via 2-day shipping and then Friday had tried overnight shipping by 8:30am and all were "no-shows" :cry: I relay this to the wife at the first opportunity and we proceeded to Dallas.

When we arrived at Quantum, I went in first (supposedly to pick up my self-purchased" Christmas presents) and there sits the car with Lucifer on the hood, but no over the top or side stripes. A packaged had arrived 45 minutes before we got there and the guys were able to get it almost completely installed before we showed up!

And much to my surprise, when Linda (my daughter) walked in, she was completely surprised! and for maybe the first time in her life, totally speechless. :hysterical:

p1012405co2.jpg

Shot with E-500 at 2008-12-22

p1012406tj3.jpg

p1012409nw2.jpg

p1012410es2.jpg

And the best part of the day was the special guest Quantum invited. :happy feet: :happy feet:

p1012398nb8.jpg

Bill Neale stopped by just to present the keys to Linda! WOW we were very humbled. Thank you to everyone at Quantum who worked so hard to make this a very special Christmas for our family! And thank you to Bill for sharing his time with us!

There are only two things left to finish off the car. The side stripes that arrived Saturday were for a black car, so the front fender section wouldn't work on a white car. That will be ready to install when we take the car back down to have Crispy23c inspect her and install the official dash plaque next week.

And by the way, this is a very fun car to drive. Even with my highly modified GT500 suspension, I was surprised at how much better balanced this car feels without that extra 500 pounds on its nose :shift::shift::shift:

Quite a car for a young daughter! Mine is probably going to get a used 4 door compact some day (like in 10 years)...while we pay for college...

Also, that is a great looking car... Terlingua's look best in white also!!!

Congrats to her.

Looks fantastic! Great color for a Terlingua.

Having Bill Neale there was a great bonus.

Are the wheels 18" Razor or 20" version? (I noticed the newest Shelby Parts catolgue lists both sizes.)

Really makes me wonder what our base kit will contain? It was orders before the the most recent changes but hasn't been delivered.

Thanks all; we are very excited about the color, couldn't be happier!

WOW!!! Linda's Lucifer looks great. Who gets to track it first, daughter or dad :)

Sherri,

Me thinks dad will get first crack at the track. Linda did get to be the first to drive it though!

Looks fantastic! Great color for a Terlingua.

Having Bill Neale there was a great bonus.

Are the wheels 18" Razor or 20" version? (I noticed the newest Shelby Parts catolgue lists both sizes.)

Really makes me wonder what our base kit will contain? It was orders before the the most recent changes but hasn't been delivered.

Blip,

The wheels are 18's.

If your kit hasn't yet been delivered you'll probably get the updated package. (Just my wild guess)

looks really cool,and keeping tabs on her should be easy;not like every one else is driving one!

Hope she brings it to Mid America and runs it on the track.

Doc Scott

It WILL be at Mid-America, but probably not on the track this year. She'll be in a driving school at Miller Motorsports a few weeks earlier, but I want to get her into a Stephens Brothers school and High Speed Touring event with a few less cars on the track before throwing her out with a big crowd. Plus a season of autocross would be very beneficial too.

I'll be driving the Mango Machine but if David says yes, then maybe they'll let me take the Terlingua out for one session without paying a whole other entry fee................ :shift:

BTW: Quantum had a professional photographer on hand Saturday! So when those pictures arrive I'll share a bunch of them. And more to come when it is completely finished :happy feet:

In my list of acknowledgments I missed someone.

Thank you Amy B. for the Yellow Lucifer :bowdown:

Thanks for the information on the wheels. Hope our base kit includes Razors instead of the black Bullitt style 18" wheels shown

on the early prototype model.

My 16 yr old son is now more excited then ever about, hopefully, shipping our V6 off to Tasca Ford next month.

(Still waiting to hear if they have received the kit.)

Oh and Merry Christmas--did a quick edit to the toon I did for my son, which had the old style body work and

the Bullitt style wheels.

(Just noticed that your daughter's car doesn't have the front chin spoiler.)

TerlBaseWHT.jpg

Archived