TEAM SHELBY FORUM

JBA Exhaust

Anyone considering adding JBA's 3" Exhaust to an SS, or have any thoughts you can share with me? What I really want to know is what the downside would be? Pros and Cons?

Did the full LT 3" back...purchased from SPP..will cost ya @3500 when your all done but you can't beat the sound...had R & A Motorsports out of KC put mine in and they sound great..first class...the way ta SS should sound....had it at Mid-America in June and got a lot of positve feedback...added 35hp on my last dyno....Reg

Here's my car @ JBA: www.jbaracing.com Very nice exhaust with NO DRONE! Good fit and the headers tuck up really nice. At WOT the sound is awesome but at idle and cruise it is no louder than the Borla Touring Catback and stock manifolds and X-pipe that the SS comes with. Just remember that the exhaust requires a little tweak of the tune! The front O2 sensors are further downstream in the headers than in the stock system so the tuner has to compensate in the tune for the PCM to recognize this. VERY IMPORTANT! Enjoy the pics.

Anyone considering adding JBA's 3" Exhaust to an SS, or have any thoughts you can share with me? What I really want to know is what the downside would be? Pros and Cons?

I have purchased the full 3" JBA w/cats offered from the stock manifolds back, no retune from what I am told and no O2 relocate.

R

I have purchased the full 3" JBA w/cats offered from the stock manifolds back, no retune from what I am told and no O2 relocate.

R

I just replaced the Borla with the JBA 3" w/cats back today. What a difference in sound. Sounds like 725 hp should sound. Also I have not noticed any drone at crusing speed. And your right, there is no retune unless you do headers as well.

Bart

07SS0044

R

CORRECT. The front O2 sensor on drivers side is located in the factory exhaust manifold and I'm assuming the passenger side front O2 sensor is located in JBA's mid pipe in same location as factory X-pipe--------approx. 3" down from exhaust manifold flange connection. In that scenerio, there is no modification to the tune; only when the front O2 sensors are installed further downstream than the stock locations.

Here's my car @ JBA: www.jbaracing.com Very nice exhaust with NO DRONE! Good fit and the headers tuck up really nice. At WOT the sound is awesome but at idle and cruise it is no louder than the Borla Touring Catback and stock manifolds and X-pipe that the SS comes with. Just remember that the exhaust requires a little tweak of the tune! The front O2 sensors are further downstream in the headers than in the stock system so the tuner has to compensate in the tune for the PCM to recognize this. VERY IMPORTANT! Enjoy the pics.

Looked at your pics. Wow! What else did you do to the car to get it to 833 RWHP??? That's a lot of juice!!

Looked at your pics. Wow! What else did you do to the car to get it to 833 RWHP??? That's a lot of juice!!

Just the KB with a 2.5" pulley, KB twin BAP(part of SS package), and plugs (at the time, stock heat range copper core plugs gapped @ .034") Oh, VP Motorsport 109 Unleaded race gas too. I wouldn't run this pulley without bigger injectors though and a retune because it starts to really go lean @ 5800 rpms! Just wanted to see what kind of numbers I could get with just changing pulleys. Put the 3.25" back on and running NGK-BR7EF plugs now (1 step colder than stock @ .034" ) 660rwhp and 565 rwtq on a very safe tune is good enough for me! LOL

Did the full LT 3" back...purchased from SPP..will cost ya @3500 when your all done but you can't beat the sound...had R & A Motorsports out of KC put mine in and they sound great..first class...the way ta SS should sound....had it at Mid-America in June and got a lot of positve feedback...added 35hp on my last dyno....Reg

After seeing and hearing Reg's SS at Mid America, I am switching my 40th Anniversary with KB to JBA's full LT's and 3" back. Will be installed at Quantum in about a week.

I am adding the JBA, LT, 3" back because #1 SS has it on and it was part of the original package before it got nixed to be 50 states legal.

Your correct that Gary Patterson's car HAD the JBA header back 3" system. SAI has since removed that and it currently has the stock manifolds and X-pipe along with the 140222 Borla Catback system. Not because of sound or performance but because they couldn't show a car which has a product on that they couldn't offer to the public!

I am adding the JBA, LT, 3" back because #1 SS has it on and it was part of the original package before it got nixed to be 50 states legal.

+1

281 Motorsports will be adding the system to my SS as soon as I get back from vacation,

Your correct that Gary Patterson's car HAD the JBA header back 3" system. SAI has since removed that and it currently has the stock manifolds and X-pipe along with the 140222 Borla Catback system. Not because of sound or performance but because they couldn't show a car which has a product on that they couldn't offer to the public!

I stand to be corrected. Also remember that the original literature HAD the the choice of '"JBA Exhaust, manifold-back" (700+HP) exhaust system'.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Jason,

I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Dan

This really is a great picture and gives one the contrast between the two packages. I picked up my 72540th from Quantum on Friday with full JBA. Yea buddy, that's what I'm talking about. It will be loud for some, but this car sounds great to me. It has the free flow cats and JBA axle backs. Very nice. Very happy.

• 1 month later...

Archived