TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My first Kill (sort of)

05FSTBK

So, I go into the gym yesterday and I run into my and my wife's personal trainer. I haven't been to the gym in awhile and he's like what have you been up to.

I said, "I bought a new toy." We went outside to check it out. Of course I did not park in the "all compact car" parking lot, I parked on the street.

He sees it and is like, "Damn...you bought a cobra!"

"yeah, I guess I did."

"Let's take trip around the block."

Now I really haven't gotten on it since I bought it a month ago. Right after i crossed the magic "500 mile" mark I got a deck screw in the side wall that took almost 2 weeks to get a new tire. So, I wasn't about to blow out my right rear for squirling around.

Anyway, we go up to a few stop lights and come to a red light with a pretty long straight away before it goes under the freeway. He's over there jabbering away and then his cell phone rings. Just as he answers it the light turns green.

I punched it hard. I had a little break in traction so I let off the gas, ever so slightly. It grabbed and grabbed hard. Shooting us through the intersection. I accelerated hard and grabbed second, took it to about 4 grand and dropped to 3rd to cruise it to the next light.

Over the scream of the S/C I hear him yelling to somone on his cell, "I couldn't pull my head off the headrest. He was doing over 80 in second gear."

I told him, "I still had 2000 rpm before I red lined."

I have to admit this car has got a lot of thrust. It really pins you in the seat. when I take it to Thunderhill, I'm definitely going to have to get a 5 point harnes.

I'm loving every mile of it.

I think my personal trainer might have second thoughts before bumming aride.

ps.

I heard him telling someone as we went back into the gym...."I feel like a p**sy looking to by a HONDA!"

ps.

I heard him telling someone as we went back into the gym...."I feel like a p**sy looking to by a HONDA!"

Wifes trainer: $100/hour

Taking the wifes trainer for a ride in your GT500: $10 for gas

Having your wifes trainer feel like a p**sy: Priceless

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

"Wifes trainer :hysterical2: "

Just kidding, I couldn't resist

I had the same thing happen a few weeks back, but with a car guy. My wife's nephew,(our age) came for a brief visit from ID, he is a Mopar fella thru & thru :doh:

the wife says "hey, take Ron for a quick ride into town in Hisssss" OK, no arguments from either of us... :spiteful: We live on a rural area with a few real good roads to have fun on, and it was just the right time of day, cool with real good air.. :yup:

Went out and just dropped the hammer.. :peelout: hit the Raptor shift light in 1,2,3 and pushed well into 4th. You know, one of those MAD dashes to 140mph felony territory... :rockon: got out of it and looked at him, eyes wide as saucers "Holly sh*#, thats the fastest car I've ever been in!!!" My seamless reply.."Hell Ron, thats why I bought it" classic. :snake:

:rockon: got out of it and looked at him, eyes wide as saucers "Holly sh*#, thats the fastest car I've ever been in!!!" My seamless reply.."Hell Ron, thats why I bought it" classic. :snake:

:hysterical:

Perfect !

Archived