TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Feeling better about my SGT

BUICK468

Over the weekend I went used car shopping for a car for my daughter. Passing a Ford dealership I noticed two new 2008 SGT's parked out front. I stopped to look them over. The first one I observed had the typical wrinkles on the hood stripes around the scoop and the cable's for the hood pin's had begun to rust. Kind of made me sick to see this on a new car. Looking over the second one it appears that SAI may have experimented with the stripe's on the hood. The stripes were trimmed all the way around the scoop so that the blue paint showed through between the stripe and the scoop, looked strange....and the cable's for the hood pin's were rusting as well.

Venturing on, I saw passed a second Ford dealership where I saw a brand new GT500 convertible sitting undercover. Looking it over I was shocked to see the stripe's on this car were terrible!! That was a shock to me, the texture appeared as if they had been installed and removed several times. I had no idea that these high dollar cars seemed to have the same quality issue's (or is this a one off?)

I heard that there was a bad batch of hood pin cables and SAI will replace them. As for that GT500, that sounds like maybe the dealer or someone had to replace the stripes for some reason and just did a lousy job!

I heard that there was a bad batch of hood pin cables and SAI will replace them. As for that GT500, that sounds like maybe the dealer or someone had to replace the stripes for some reason and just did a lousy job!

If they were the over the top stripes on the convertible, that's all on the dealership as the convertibles don't have an option for the lemans stripes, only side stripes

Over the weekend I went used car shopping for a car for my daughter. Passing a Ford dealership I noticed two new 2008 SGT's parked out front. I stopped to look them over. The first one I observed had the typical wrinkles on the hood stripes around the scoop and the cable's for the hood pin's had begun to rust. Kind of made me sick to see this on a new car. Looking over the second one it appears that SAI may have experimented with the stripe's on the hood. The stripes were trimmed all the way around the scoop so that the blue paint showed through between the stripe and the scoop, looked strange....and the cable's for the hood pin's were rusting as well.

Venturing on, I saw passed a second Ford dealership where I saw a brand new GT500 convertible sitting undercover. Looking it over I was shocked to see the stripe's on this car were terrible!! That was a shock to me, the texture appeared as if they had been installed and removed several times. I had no idea that these high dollar cars seemed to have the same quality issue's (or is this a one off?)

The only stripes on the 08 convertibles are the red stripes on a black or white vert. The others do not come with stripes. That would have to be a dealer add on.

Archived