TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheres the best place/quality to purchase a

1badsho

I need to ship a KR hood over seas for a friend of mine and I want to know who has the best quality KR / Super Snake hood on the market.

Also .... when getting this hood what other hardware is required ... ie the hood pins ... etc

I do know that even the better quality hoods still require alot of prep time to get them ready to be painted.

Our store is located in SW Florida .... and I thought there was a manufacture of these hoods on this coast which would make shipping to us quicker and easier.

Any thoughts forum ?

The Super Snake hood is different than the KR hood, and the "offical" KR hood is not available for purchase. You can buy a Super Snake hood directly from Shelby Performance Parts, and it would be the same quality as the ones that SAI installs on the Super Snakes during their conversion.

BTW, just in case you did not know this, if you could buy an offical KR hood, it would sell for close to $7,000 dollars. Carbon Fiber is not cheap.

Hope this helps.

ote name='Son of GT' date='Jul 24 2008, 07:54 PM' post='485622']

The Super Snake hood is different than the KR hood, and the "offical" KR hood is not available for purchase. You can buy a Super Snake hood directly from Shelby Performance Parts, and it would be the same quality as the ones that SAI installs on the Super Snakes during their conversion.

BTW, just in case you did not know this, if you could buy an offical KR hood, it would sell for close to $7,000 dollars. Carbon Fiber is not cheap.

Hope this helps.

son of gt

Thanks for the information ..... I think the two hoods look the same.

The biggest difference as you pointed out is what they are made out of .... ie the fiber carbon.

My friend wants that look of the KR hood and I believe the Super Snake hood is almost a clone of it .... just different materials.

Side by side the two hoods are shaped very differently.

You can get a KR clone hood that matches the shape pretty darn close from TruFiber. Its called the Venom hood. I have one and while it did require a LOT of work to get it to installation point, the end results do look great.

ote name='Son of GT' date='Jul 24 2008, 07:54 PM' post='485622']

Hope this helps.

son of gt

Thanks for the information ..... I think the two hoods look the same.

The biggest difference as you pointed out is what they are made out of .... ie the fiber carbon.

My friend wants that look of the KR hood and I believe the Super Snake hood is almost a clone of it .... just different materials.

Side by side the two hoods are shaped very differently.

You can get a KR clone hood that matches the shape pretty darn close from TruFiber. Its called the Venom hood. I have one and while it did require a LOT of work to get it to installation point, the end results do look great.

jcthorne

BINGO

Thats exaclty what i wanted ..... thanks...... am going to call them now .... appreciate it

Many thanks :happy feet:

Don,

You might want to talk to K. or J. at KatsSnake about the TruFiber hood. When they were at Brads last time they said they had some problems with theirs.

Vic

vic

spoke to the rep today and got some info on them .... they ship out of calif ..... I will call them and get some feed back

Thanks to for the voice mail !

Archived