TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR versus Nissan GT-R

ctann

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will miss all that goes with the Shelby experience. How many people own mustangs in the world? How many tuner company's are there ?How about the after market? What about Fords racing mustangs and the ladder system they have for racing these cars. The Shelby-Ford Mustang heritage is just to great .You will reget your purchase if you are a real fan. Buy the KR and enjoy the car, the people and create some great memories . If this is just a car to go from point a to point b then it does not matter which car you buy.

Brave discussion. Considering that this a Shelby site, sponsored and paid for by Carroll Shelby and Shelby INC. To discuss, competitors in glowing terms, speak of production delays, ('salt in the wound'), other comparisons on the negative side ???? In other words, go ask your husband or wife, to help you discuss which new man or woman you should choose, to 'be with'. Or...ask your current employer to help you decide between, between several new employers to work for. Maybe, I'm being sensitive, but then on the other hand, please remember whose, ' diner table' you are sitting at and who pays the bills. Please be mindful and respectful in your discussion. Thank You :shift:

Well at least he is a member of Team Shelby! :happy feet:

On our way from York Beach Maine a few weeks ago there was a gtr on the highway, a porsche carrera s pulled up alongside and revved his engine but the gtr wanted nothing to do with it he stayed steady in the middle lane right at the speed limit. Not a bad looking car and bigger than I envisioned.

On our way from York Beach Maine a few weeks ago there was a gtr on the highway, a porsche carrera s pulled up alongside and revved his engine but the gtr wanted nothing to do with it he stayed steady in the middle lane right at the speed limit. Not a bad looking car and bigger than I envisioned.

I hope that Carrera S was modified considering a 911 Turbo would have a hard time keeping up with the GTR! :hysterical: I saw my first GTR the other day in Virginia Beach. I only got a quick look at him as he was going the opposit way of me, but it was bigger than I expected. Still looked good from what I did see.

I can't wait until I see the "Ford F-150 vs. Mazda Miata" thread.

It makes about as much sense.

You're right, the GTR would smoke the KR on a road course. :hysterical: However, the KR is a Shelby and has much more character. :happy feet: I would take both if I could afford them. Of course, for that kinda money I would probably buy a GT instead. :drool:

Hmmmm In May Car&Driver got to test the new GTR and it was the end all.

11.5 @ 124, 0-100=7.8 secs, 0-60 3.5ish.

The August C&D pitted the GTR against the Z06, Viper top dog, Porsche GT2.

result: GTR=

12.6 @ 111, 0-100=10.2 secs, 0-60 4.3ish.

But it won the comparison even though 1 sec slower than the rest? Give me the GT2 all day!

I know the earlier car was a preproduction car but damn. One sec slower 1/4mile time? C&D is my most trusted rag but I do question the hyping of the new vehicles coming out. I know it handles great and all but its not that fast for 70K.

As far as looks, I'll leave that alone. :poke:

You're right, the GTR would smoke the KR on a road course. :hysterical: However, the KR is a Shelby and has much more character. :happy feet: I would take both if I could afford them. Of course, for that kinda money I would probably buy a GT instead. :drool:

I wouldn't cut the KR short, they're getting 1g of lateral accelation out of it, a good driver might surprise you.

I wouldn't cut the KR short, they're getting 1g of lateral accelation out of it, a good driver might surprise you.

No way! I would never laugh at a KR. They are a sweet ride and I would love to have one. I do think that a GTR/KR comparison is a pretty fair one to make. They are both a 2+2 set up, are craanking out 500+ hp, handle great and cost about the same (assuming you can buy them at MSRP). That being said, with the same driver at the controls, I think a stock GTR would beat a stock KR on any road course. That's the benefit of AWD and all the electro gizmo's that come with that car. if I had to choose between the two, I would still buy the KR. Either one will be a sweet car to own, that is for sure.

Still dont think it could touch a GT-R. Will be interesting to see if anyone does a side by side of these 2 cars.

[/quote

Seriously, no disrespect, but who cares, these are two totally different cars and really can't be compared side by side, the GT-R is a fast car with great numbers to back it up, but it is still an ugly, no curb appeal piece of jap crap.

The KR is american made, has awesome curb appeal, an extremely aggressive appearance and screams brute force muscle car.

There is more to a car than just great numbers, yes the GT-R has nice stats and it obviously very fast, however in my opinion it's appearance is just of another typical rice burner, fast or not it simply lacks what the KR brings to the table.

Seriously, no disrespect, but who cares, these are two totally different cars and really can't be compared side by side, the GT-R is a fast car with great numbers to back it up, but it is still an ugly, no curb appeal piece of jap crap.

Well, SOMEONE must care because they started the thread :) There have been comparisons made in this thread - 2+2 Seating, high horse power, similar price.

And, thats one mans opinion. Jap Crap? I think not. Personal opinion - I think its a hot looking car - different than a KR for sure. Something I would own if I were a very rich person and could afford many cars.

I think an above average driver would be able to get more fun out of the GT500KR. There is a limit to the amount of fun you get when a cars reaches performance levels as high as the GT-R. You get in over your head real fast with these cars. I read some where that the Ford GT has a high number of accidents for the number of cars produced. Now if you owned a race track and had a high skill level than the GT-r might be the e-ticket ride.

The KR is american made, has awesome curb appeal, an extremely aggressive appearance and screams brute force muscle car.

There is more to a car than just great numbers, yes the GT-R has nice stats and it obviously very fast, however in my opinion it's appearance is just of another typical rice burner, fast or not it simply lacks what the KR brings to the table.

You, know, its comments like this one that push me *away* from the KR! Seriously, do you think that shouting "BUY AMERICAN", and dismissing another car as "jap crap" and "rice" is going to convince anyone what a sweet ride the KR is??? All you are doing is showing your prejudices. I started this topic because the two cars are quite comparable in many ways. Since then, I decided against the GT-R - partly thanks to the useful comments on this thread. I also started the thread well aware that I would probably get some flames, and I did - and rather enjoyed it, I must admit! :->

My KR is still not a done deal though - its a wait and see game, and the "wait" part is getting wearing (on all of us...)

You, know, its comments like this one that push me *away* from the KR! Seriously, do you think that shouting "BUY AMERICAN", and dismissing another car as "jap crap" and "rice" is going to convince anyone what a sweet ride the KR is??? All you are doing is showing your prejudices. I started this topic because the two cars are quite comparable in many ways. Since then, I decided against the GT-R - partly thanks to the useful comments on this thread. I also started the thread well aware that I would probably get some flames, and I did - and rather enjoyed it, I must admit! :->

My KR is still not a done deal though - its a wait and see game, and the "wait" part is getting wearing (on all of us...)

Nothing to do with the KR purchase, I believe in buying american, nap jap carp rice burning product, If I offended you oh well, not trying to but, it is what it is.

It is a moral issue not a (predjude statement), I buy american because I support america and american made products.

Hmmmm In May Car&Driver got to test the new GTR and it was the end all.

11.5 @ 124, 0-100=7.8 secs, 0-60 3.5ish.

The August C&D pitted the GTR against the Z06, Viper top dog, Porsche GT2.

result: GTR=

12.6 @ 111, 0-100=10.2 secs, 0-60 4.3ish.

But it won the comparison even though 1 sec slower than the rest? Give me the GT2 all day!

I know the earlier car was a preproduction car but damn. One sec slower 1/4mile time? C&D is my most trusted rag but I do question the hyping of the new vehicles coming out. I know it handles great and all but its not that fast for 70K.

As far as looks, I'll leave that alone. :poke:

At 3,814lbs 480hp and 430tq (GTR) that sounds more realistic in the 2nd C&D. 0-60 times should be fast because of AWD, but Everything I have read has the GT500KR at around 60hp and 80tq more and around 3,800lbs too with 12.1 1/4mi so KR vs GTR Drag stock vs stock no contest. :lurk: Of course that is good driver against good driver :car: .(need a mustang against GTR cartoon)

• 3 weeks later...
No way! I would never laugh at a KR. They are a sweet ride and I would love to have one. I do think that a GTR/KR comparison is a pretty fair one to make. They are both a 2+2 set up, are craanking out 500+ hp, handle great and cost about the same (assuming you can buy them at MSRP). That being said, with the same driver at the controls, I think a stock GTR would beat a stock KR on any road course. That's the benefit of AWD and all the electro gizmo's that come with that car. if I had to choose between the two, I would still buy the KR. Either one will be a sweet car to own, that is for sure.

Not sure how many of you guys visit the new Road Racing Forum on this board, but I posted my experience last week with a GT-R on the race track in THIS THREAD. My car is heavily modified (serious suspension mods well beyond the KR's capacity) and this was the GT-R's first shake down run. The drivers knew the track and were pretty good drivers so I think it was a valid real world comparison.

As far as performance goes, I think the GT-R would embarrass the KR on shorter more technical tracks like Hallett. The playing field would even up on longer tracks with an edge to the GT-R.

Looks-wise, the car looked better in person than photographs but still didn't do anything for me............

Archived