TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Your Best, 'WOW', experience in a SHELBY Automobile

turnsignaldelete

This might seem a little different to many of you, but I get a lot of satisfaction out of letting my wife and good, trusted friends drive the GT-500. Being able to share this machine with the people I care about and letting them feel the rush first hand just makes my day.....it's also good for me, it flys in the face of my OCD about the Shelby

After all, it's a car and I bought it for enjoyment....

This might seem a little different to many of you, but I get a lot of satisfaction out of letting my wife and good, trusted friends drive the GT-500. Being able to share this machine with the people I care about and letting them feel the rush first hand just makes my day.....it's also good for me, it flys in the face of my OCD about the Shelby

After all, it's a car and I bought it for enjoyment....

X2

My wife does not drive the SGT hard but I did let a good friend of 20 years get behind the wheel and his whole opinion about the car changed and he was actually considering buying one.

That was before the 4:10 swap.

To clarify a bit, before he drove it he kept calling it a Mustang. After some time behind the wheel it was suddenly a Shelby.

When our eyes first met on the show room floor, she winked and whispered something about years of excitement :wub::yahoo::drool: :elefant: :party2: :roses::peelout:

Jim

Before my GT500 was delievered, a friend of mine who owns a Roush with a Procharger on it kept saying how his car was just as good as the GT500. After I broke the car in I let him drive it. He doesn't compare the cars anymore, and simply says "You suck!" every time I mention a new mod. :hysterical:

The best experience so far was when my GT-500 was only a month old. I was stopped at a traffic light on a side street waiting to turn onto a busy roadway. In my rear view mirror, i see this Crown Vic pull behind me, then the drivers door opens. I'm looking in my rear view and i see a frail old man get out. He slowly makes his way up to my drivers door and i'm thinking the old fella needs some directions or something. I turn to him and ask if i can help him. He says: "I just wanted to tell you that you have a beautiful car".

That meant a lot to me, but apparently the car i was in meant so much to him that he had to tell me. That was a great experience.

"A picture is worth a thousand words." :shift: :happy feet: :happy feet: :shift:

tulsa08qx0.jpg

Shot with E-500 at 2008-07-24

Where was that??

Best memory, My buddy giving me the keys to his 67 GT500 and cruizing, hearing the dual quads drain that 75 cent a gallon fuel :D

Where was that??

Best memory, My buddy giving me the keys to his 67 GT500 and cruizing, hearing the dual quads drain that 75 cent a gallon fuel :D

That was Hallett at the Mid-America/TS Nationals last month.

That's Joe Johnson from Houston behind me..........the running order you see was completed inverted the next lap..........He's Good! :baby:

My WOW experience was when I was about 10 years old out with my parents and we were waiting at a stoplight. There was a 65/66 white with blue stripes GT350 about to cross the intersection. The driver floored it and changed lanes at the same time. I had never seen any car move so fast and look so cool on the street before. That was over 30 years ago and I can remember it like it was yesterday. I have been hooked on Mustangs and Shelbys ever since.

Close number two would have to be the Shelby Run from LA to Vegas for Carroll's birthday. My brother and I rented a GT-H and drove the entire thing with the top down and had a blast.

My WOW experience was a few years ago where my father and I both had a ride in a real 427 Cobra that was putting out a lot more horsepower than they did stock. The acceleration was so fast I realized why they were only two seaters. I think the seatbacks would break if they weren't up against something solid! :) I thought my face was going to peel off too. I always loved those cars, but after having a ride in one I decided that I need to at least put my existing 427 in a kit version of that car sometime so I can experience that again and maybe give some others that same WOW experience. My dad still talks about that ride to this day too. :)

My WOW experience was a few years ago where my father and I both had a ride in a real 427 Cobra that was putting out a lot more horsepower than they did stock. The acceleration was so fast I realized why they were only two seaters. I think the seatbacks would break if they weren't up against something solid! :) I thought my face was going to peel off too. I always loved those cars, but after having a ride in one I decided that I need to at least put my existing 427 in a kit version of that car sometime so I can experience that again and maybe give some others that same WOW experience. My dad still talks about that ride to this day too. :)

cruising at 160 mph what a rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest markham51

Nothing beats taking my 5 year old granddaughter for a ride when she says "go faster Grampa" and so I crank up the revs and go a bit faster for a stretch. The smile on her face is worth the price of the car...EVERY time.

Archived