TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Billet Dead Pedal

I received the dead pedal today and installed in about 15 minutes. Installation is quite easy and stratight forward. Only one minor annoyance. Great quality and matches nicely.

Here are the shots of the pedal prior to installation.

DeadPedalInstallation001.jpg

Side

DeadPedalInstallation003.jpg

Tools you will need are a 13 mm boxed/open end wrench and a small screwdriver.

Begin by removing the drivers side sill plate. This is done by gently but firmly grabbing each side and pulling straight up.

Removed

DeadPedalInstallation005.jpg

Now remove the trim retainer pin located on the inside kick panel. There are 2 ways to do this. One-use a small screwdriver and pry it out or do as I did. Get a firm grip on the end of the panel towards the firewall and pull quickly straight out. It will pop the pin out. If you use a screwdriver you may chafe the end of the pin.

Here is the pin. It is the dark black spot just forward of the cutout in the kick panel for the fuel system reset button.

DeadPedalInstallation006.jpg

Now remove the kick panel. This runs right up the door frame. Pull it towards you and then work the panel off of the hood release.

Picture of the panel partially removed.

DeadPedalInstallation007.jpg

This is what you will see under the kick panel.

DeadPedalInstallation008.jpg

Now pull the carpet away from the area of the kick panel to reveal the 13 MM bolt head. It is just above a main wire harness. This is the minor annoyance.

You can see in the picture below that the 13 MM wrench is pretty close to the harness and the harness does not give very much. But it all works. I used a 1/4" drive socket wrench to loosen this bolt. It has a flat washer under the bolt head and it is in there pretty good. You do not need to remove the bolt. The dead pedal bracket will slide under the bolt and flat washer. You will need to keep loosening until you can slide the pedal bracked under the flat washer.

Harness with wrench on the 13 MM bolt.

DeadPedalInstallation009.jpg

Picture of pedal bracket slid behind the washer prior to tightening.

DeadPedalInstallation010.jpg

Now just tighten the bolt and keep presure on the pedal so it is rotated down toward the floor board.

Slide your carpet behind the dead pedal. Replace the kick panel in the reverse order and replace your kick panel pin. Now replace your sill plate and give your foot a rest! :)

Hope this helps.

Roger

DeadPedalInstallation012.jpg

I received the dead pedal today and installed in about 15 minutes. Installation is quite easy and stratight forward. Only one minor annoyance. Great quality and matches nicely.

Hope this helps.

Roger

Roger, did you have to notch or cut the carpet when you put it back behind the dead pedal?

Dave

Roger,

Thanks, as always, for blazing the trail and showing us the way. Great guidance and photos. My pedal set, including dead pedal, came today. I've printed your directions and will tackle the project this weekend. Thanks for all you do for the hobby.

No. It's tight but no cutting at all.

Roger

Am I missing something or just stupid I can't find this or the pedal set on SPP website?

Did you order over the phone or via email?

Thanks

Andrew

OK Stupid is the answer I found them that would be an underscore in the part # not a dash on the pedal set

Pedal Set link

Dead Pedal Link

Nice looking pedal set! I can't decide if I want that, of if I want to just get the dead pedal which matches the stock set. Probably the latter, which I can more likely justify to the little woman.... :lol:

Roger,

Thanks, as always, for blazing the trail and showing us the way. Great guidance and photos. My pedal set, including dead pedal, came today. I've printed your directions and will tackle the project this weekend. Thanks for all you do for the hobby.

Just trying to help Gary. If you run into any issues just give me a shout. I'll be glad to help if I can.

Roger

Nice looking pedal set! I can't decide if I want that, of if I want to just get the dead pedal which matches the stock set. Probably the latter, which I can more likely justify to the little woman.... :lol:

I ordered the dead pedal from CDC that matches our original pedals, same installation instructions, and no problem with the carpet on mine either. This is something that the car should have come with from SAI, but is easy enough to put in afterwards...hardest thing was finding one to match the originals at first...

post-19184-1216869742.jpg

post-19184-1216869742.jpg

Bring me a set of those pedals and your tools for an install in vegas in 2009, btw looks great, Rick

You supply the pedals and tools, I'll do the install! :) Thanks Rick.

Thank you Swede.

Carl, it came out great. That's the first time I've seen that pedal installed. Looks good.

Michael, Spider Man..............Part 2! :(

Roger

Jeez, Roger!! I've got to stop looking at your posts...my wallet is getting thin!

I'm ordering a set - dang it!

Sam

AKA:

:hysterical::hysterical:

Wait a minute, mine is too! :banghead:

Great write-up, as usual Roger.

I've got to stop reading Roger's posts too. I too decided to go with the CDC dead pedal that matches the original pedals. That's on the list of things to mess with this weekend!

Thank you for this post Roger!! This makes the install less intimidating.

I've got a much more involved surgery ahead of me to bypass the video saftey override on my Pioneer AVIC-D3 DVD/GPS unit. Have to take the entire center console and the darn radio out of the dash to do it! I've got some great 'instructions' from another TS member!!

Roger - I hope that you get over Part 2 of Spider vs. Roger soon! Thank you again for everything you do for us here on Team Shelby!

Trevor

• 2 months later...

I installed one on my car too. When I received mine, the pedal was screwed down to the bracket with just two screws; I went down to ACE HW and got two more for the other two holes. Used some blue locktite to make sure they stay put. Just curious, anyone else encounter this?

I really like the pedal by the way.

I just installed this, thanks for the directions Roger, it made it a 15 minute job, now I have to get the other pedals to match..............

Good to hear Bill. How have you been? We should get together the Nor East gang for the "final Fall cruise".

Did all of them Chip. I have come to appreciate them much more now that I have some hard miles on them.

6-speed, I really do not remember if it had 2 or 4. It has been awhile.

Roger

Good to hear Bill. How have you been? We should get together the Nor East gang for the "final Fall cruise".

Did all of them Chip. I have come to appreciate them much more now that I have some hard miles on them.

6-speed, I really do not remember if it had 2 or 4. It has been awhile.

Roger

I have been Great, very busy at work. Let me know if you all do anything and I will do my best to participate, looking forward to it.

6-speed, you have me nervous, after I installed it appeared as though the pedal was a little loose. I hope the screws do not back out on me.

I have been Great, very busy at work. Let me know if you all do anything and I will do my best to participate, looking forward to it.

6-speed, you have me nervous, after I installed it appeared as though the pedal was a little loose. I hope the screws do not back out on me.

My pedal only came with 2 screws holding it to the mounting bracket - so I went to ACE hardware and picked up two more screws - M4 x 8, 0.7 pitch (countersink stainless steel type). I applied some medium strength loctite on the screw threads to help keep them in place. If you design something with four mounting holes, you should use four screws. Mine's not coming loose any time soon.

Dead_Pedal_Back.jpg

Nice write-up on the dead pedal. I wish I would have seen this prior to installing mine. The one thing I did differently is that I did not completely remove the door sill plate. I found that if I just pulled up on the front of the sill plate, there was enough room to slide the aft part of the kick panel underneath the sill plate.

Archived