TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Challenger has the perfect name

My brother said he saw a 2009 Challenger SE $23k at a dealer could this be possible? I went to see if it was there the next day and it was gone but they were having a car show there and as I drove through the lot looking for it everyone stopped what they were doing and started staring at me giving me dirty looks. I even said hi to a few of them with no responces I thought sheesh... gimme a break! I thought it was going to be a matter of minutes before something ugly was going to happen if I stayed any longer so I got the hell out of there.

My brother said he saw a 2009 Challenger SE $23k at a dealer could this be possible? I went to see if it was there the next day and it was gone but they were having a car show there and as I drove through the lot looking for it everyone stopped what they were doing and started staring at me giving me dirty looks. I even said hi to a few of them with no responces I thought sheesh... gimme a break! I thought it was going to be a matter of minutes before something ugly was going to happen if I stayed any longer so I got the hell out of there.

Maybe he seen a $23K ADM on the car. Did you show them who was king on the way out?

Maybe he seen a $23K ADM on the car. Did you show them who was king on the way out?

This was the SE not the SRT according to my bro.

I did indeed nail it on the way out and I can just imagine the comments that were flying around there afterwords. whaa, whaaa :baby:

My brother said he saw a 2009 Challenger SE $23k at a dealer could this be possible?

Yes apparently it is possible

Auburn Hills, Mich., Jun 9, 2008 - Dodge announced pricing today for the all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger. The U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) will start at $21,995, which includes $675 for destination

I am actually in the process of trading my '07 SRT8 Charger "Super Bee" in on a GT500, and I'll tell you why. Yes, the 6.1 Hemi is a nice muscle car engine and Dodge makes a nice car, but it simply costs too much to make any decent numbers with. Everyone can talk all the numbers they want, but the bottom line is, the engine is just the tip of the iceberg of weak points. Anything over 500HP with a 6.1 Hemi and you're talking quite a few thousand dollars in drivetrain upgrades to hold that kind of power (ie: half shafts, torque converter, transmission rebuilds). This is after the several thousand dollars it takes just to make any significant horsepower, the average supercharger alone for an SRT8 is $6,500+ and that will only net you about 120HP gains, since you're only able to run minimal boost pressure. If you want any real significant numbers you're talking a stroker conversion which averages about $11,000-$15,000 total for a 426ci and slightly less for a 392ci conversion. But even with $20,000 in upgrades under your hood and another $4,000 in drivetrain upgrades you will only be as strong as the weakest link which in the STR8's case, is the transmission.

So as you can tell, the idea of giving a call to Steeda or Evolution Performance for one of their performance packs that can make 120HP for less than $1500 bucks is what has me wanting a GT500 in my garage.. Not to mention, with roughly $6,000 and a call to Kenne Bell or Whipple you're talking 800-1000HP with the stock engine, a beefy driveshaft and some race fuel, you're absolutely stupid to spend upwards of $20,000+ building an SRT8.

Just my $0.02.

+1000! You can make any car crazy fast if you spend crazy cash $$$$ :spend:

Welcome to the GT500 world where you don't have to crack open the motor if you want to add 150 HP over stock nor do you have to pay an arm and a leg to reach 700RWHP :happy feet: :happy feet:

Oh and on top of that, if you have a little wrench experience you can do it all yourself and get the satisfaction that comes from knowing that you made the car what it is.

here is a photo of a 2008 srt8 500 challenger in black with carbon fiber sticker stripes.

i took this at a local show with my phone camera so quality is not the greatest.

you will also see my car parked next to it. even though i have a 1970 challenger i am so glad i got the 2007 shelby gt500 instead of the challenger.

i was really pleased to park beside a challenger that was very close to my colour combo as it really made me feel i made the right choice of buying my shelby :happy feet:

post-5661-1219105032_thumb.jpg

post-5661-1219105032_thumb.jpg

SWEEET!!! Are u going to get the new 2010 SS Camero also???

I would like to get one of the Z/28 that will come out next fall. The Z/28 will have the 505hp Z 06 motor. I'm thinking black with white stripes!

Thanks!

Pat

I read recently that there wouldn't be a Z/28 version, as GM decided to cancel it. I hope I'm wrong but here is what is the rumor right now.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/camaro-watch-t...28-is-dead.html

The Challenger will never be the car my GT500 is. That being said it is one of the best looking retros out there. I would like one - I'll never move my Shelby out of it's space to make room. I looked at one at the local dealer and no salesperson would even walk up to talk to me or open the car so I could have a look. Either they are too busy or they don't like Mustangs with hillbilly looking drivers.

I own one of each And they are both awesome cars! But I like the Shelby best!

Pat

08Challenger022.jpg

08Challenger025.jpg

08Challenger019.jpg

looks like we have similar taste in cars!

post-8981-1219640399_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1219640420_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1219640399_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1219640420_thumb.jpg

BlackVert,

Great pictures! Now if you have a 72 Pontiac Trans Am in the garage that would be awesome!

Pat

Sorry, no TA. That would be nice, though! If I did, I might think you were my long-lost brother or something.

hey guys where is your chevy? :doh:

just kidding.i have a mix of ford,mopar and gm.

nice mix of cars you guys have there :burnout:

Thanks, and right back at ya! My favorite of yours is that sweeeet challenger...

Archived