TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ShelbyGT 698 is being worked on @ Toyota

SHELBYGT698

Long story short..

The dealer I bought SGT698 from worked on my hood scoop after it started lifting. During the fix, the installer accidently scratched across the hood stripe. I've waited patiently for the strip to arrive. It's been in the shop since last week Wednesday. Come to find out, when the service guy told me it was going to a body shop, The body shop is Toyota down the street. :censored:

I call today @ noon to verify my car is done. Guess what?? No, it's not done. Toyota screwed up the stripe and had to order another NDA. Now, if i'm lucky, i'll have it Thursday.

Now, I'm wondering if i'll ever get my car back right. I'm so upset right now. :censored:

I will check every inch of the car when I get it back. It will be perfect or it's going right back.

that stinks! I hope they get you fixed up and soon. I know it's no fun not having your car at home let alone at a dealership! At least they didn't do like some and wait for you to pick it up just to see if you noticed it!

I'm more upset because the guy i usually deal with gave me the runaround. I would call and leave messages and no answer. I went straigt to the service manager and he said from now on, he will be taking over.

I was about to say the same thing. Make sure you know your mileage. It would be even worse to find out that they have been joy riding in your Shelby. I always take a pic of the mileage with my phone. ;)

i thought about that. But it didn't really occur to me that they would do such a thing. I could be wrong. You just never know i guess.

I do remember exactly what the odometer read. 4715.0 mi.

Where in NC? My dealership doesn't have a body shop either. The owner (Bruton Smith of Nascar fame) has a Toyota dealership down the road and when I asked obout a small defect in my hood stripes I was told it would have to be fixed at Toyota :redcard: Now I have nothing at all against Toyota but I have to question how many Shelby GT stripes they've worked on. Anyway, I decided to leave well enough alone. Maybe I'll try another dealer but right now I'll pass on the Toyota fix. But that's just me.

Jim

You need to look over your car on the lot and if necessary make them put it up on a lift so you can see it all around before you drive off the lot. If you don't and find something later, they're not going to do anything about it claiming it was likely already there.

I hope you get it fixed perfectly and are pleased with the results. I have wrinkled stripes around my scoop. I am waiting on the final solution after I get back from Iraq. I am mulling the idea of the GT-H hood but I also love the looks of the Cobra scoop. I sure would love to make it functional :)

Just a warning!

I had a similar run around and the REAL story was the dealer was not ordering the stripe from Ford/SAI but instead trying to match the stripe with other materials. After two weeks I called the Ford warranty line and asked if there was a strip(s) on order for my car and they told me no. Remember you can't just order these. A dealer MUST go though the proper channels, document the car and the damage etc. The issue for the dealer is the HIGH cost of "real" stripes so when it's out of their pocket, which these will be, they look elsewhere and you end up waiting or getting stripes that don't match.

Oh, last thing!

Additionally the hood stripes come in a set of two. So be sure they are doing BOTH stripes now or they will not match, unless you somehow get an old set. The new stripes are slightly richer in color, glossy, and thicker then the ones on #698.

I would call Ford and verify because they ship stripes out next day air and there should be no delay in getting a set.

You need to look over your car on the lot and if necessary make them put it up on a lift so you can see it all around before you drive off the lot. If you don't and find something later, they're not going to do anything about it claiming it was likely already there.

Agreed!!!

From personal experience I would never leave my car at a bodyshop for days on end, lots of stuff in the air that love to settle on nice new cars.

As soon as they told me it would be another week I would have picked up my car and told them to call me when the stripe is in. This repair can be done the same day you bring the car back.

Just my 2

Steve

Just a warning!

I had a similar run around and the REAL story was the dealer was not ordering the stripe from Ford/SAI but instead trying to match the stripe with other materials. After two weeks I called the Ford warranty line and asked if there was a strip(s) on order for my car and they told me no. Remember you can't just order these. A dealer MUST go though the proper channels, document the car and the damage etc. The issue for the dealer is the HIGH cost of "real" stripes so when it's out of their pocket, which these will be, they look elsewhere and you end up waiting or getting stripes that don't match.

Oh, last thing!

Additionally the hood stripes come in a set of two. So be sure they are doing BOTH stripes now or they will not match, unless you somehow get an old set. The new stripes are slightly richer in color, glossy, and thicker then the ones on #698.

I would call Ford and verify because they ship stripes out next day air and there should be no delay in getting a set.

I will call and check when i get home with all the Vehicle info. I've also posted about repair shops/collisions being able to purchase original shelby parts....Bud said yes, which made me feel somewhat better. I'll check with Shelby later when i get home.

thanks for the heads up.

Archived