TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sirius Radio Quality

slamarre

All,

OK, i have to admit that i am sometime listening to the Big 80s and 1st Wave channels :hysterical3:

However, i spent most of the time on the Hair Nation channel.

I have noticed that the quality of the Hair Nation channel is better than the other 2 above? Is that possible? There is a good difference in sound quality and i would like to know why it is like that? Basically, the quality of the channels are not equal...

Since the hair nation channel quality is good, i do not think it is because of the installation. I have the Shaker 1000 and Michael Morris installed the Sirius radio when i bought the car.

Thanks.

All,

OK, i have to admit that i am sometime listening to the Big 80s and 1st Wave channels :hysterical3:

However, i spent most of the time on the Hair Nation channel.

I have noticed that the quality of the Hair Nation channel is better than the other 2 above? Is that possible? There is a good difference in sound quality and i would like to know why it is like that? Basically, the quality of the channels are not equal...

Since the hair nation channel quality is good, i do not think it is because of the installation. I have the Shaker 1000 and Michael Morris installed the Sirius radio when i bought the car.

Thanks.

I haven't noticed a big difference in the quality of different Sirius channels, but I have found that the Sirius quality is not as good as the FM radio, CDs or the MP3 player input.

I also have the Shaker 1000 and I find the bass and overall sound quality with Sirius leaves a lot to be desired. Between the sound quality and intermittent cutting out of the Sirius, I'm most likely going to cancel the subscription soon...

I haven't noticed a big difference in the quality of different Sirius channels, but I have found that the Sirius quality is not as good as the FM radio, CDs or the MP3 player input.

I agree. FM is much more clear with more depth than the Sirius channels.

I think it may have more to do with the quality of our recievers than Sirius itself. The intermittent cutout is due to the receiver not having sufficient amount of memory buffering.

I haven't noticed the sound quality being a problem on mine, but some people have better ears than others also!

How can I complain anyway? Sirius has not charged me a dime in over a year.

I've never personally noticed any bad sound quality vs the free over the air channels on fm. I think the sirius in our Fusion sounds fantastic. I do notice some difference in quality between some channels as well, but I figure that's probably just the source of the music. It's hard to find a Beatles CD that sounds like it is the same quality as a brand new CD from a current musical group. I think the music is only as good as it's source and if it wasn't recorded in high quality from the beginning, it is noticed down the road with the much better sounds systems in the cars today.

I have had sirius since Howard Stern left free radio, since changing over I can not stand listen to commercial and its to bad that the mustang dose not have a hard drive so you can record music when you want too or even tape a show and having the NFL with all the games on is sweet you never have to change a channel. I have not noticed poor sound and Hair nation is great. Ya I guess your right free Fm is sweet. bubba booeee to all :happy feet: :drop:

Archived