TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I miss my baby =[

I had to drop of my baby at the dealership this morning for overnight treatment.

They are trying to say the transmission vibrating sound in neutral is normal when the clutch is released =[

I need some info to show them its not =[

lol wheres grabber when you need him?

I am sure he will be back at it tomorrow. His wife had surgery today! Sit tight...

That sound is normal :P

Mine make it as well, in neutral it sounds like loose cogs moving. If you are in a garage or next to a wall you can tend to hear the noise more and the sound come in pulses. One second you can not really hear anything, but then the noise will get a little louder and then die off again.

I have 400 Km on my 2008 GT500 and it did this from day one.... at first I thought my tranny was defective, but from what I hear this is just how thay are. I have a 5 Litre mustang, and that old girl does not make this strange noise when in nutreal.... only the new GT500 does :)

Also, if while in neutral, if you put your hand in the gear shift, do you feel the vibrations at the same time as you hear the sound?

As far as the noise and vibration..it is normal as long as it is not loud or too much noise...it is mentioned in the manual too.

and I, and a couple of others, have observed that it seems a bit louder when the ac is on. Official name for it is rollover noise.

They mention the tranny noise in the Shelby Supplement to the manual. It is perfectly normal, but it is noticable.

I do notice that if I rest my hand on the shifter, it is much louder. It could be that yours is not aligned properly or something and is louder than normal, but I'd have to listen to it.

They mention the tranny noise in the Shelby Supplement to the manual. It is perfectly normal, but it is noticable.

I do notice that if I rest my hand on the shifter, it is much louder. It could be that yours is not aligned properly or something and is louder than normal, but I'd have to listen to it.

i notice that too, mostly in second gear though and thats it

The noise is normal.It takes strong noisy parts to handle all of that power and the Tremec 6060 is the noisy one for the job.Scary sounding for sure but not to worry.As it has been posted gear rollover is the term they use.Try to pull a second gear quick shift and keep pulling on the shifter for a little too long if yo really want to hear some scary noise :drop: I have done this a few times and she keeps on going so.............

i notice that too, mostly in second gear though and thats it

Simply have it drop-shipped here in Birmingham, AL, and I will perform a "thorough" driveline inspection and drive out......trust me, EVERYTHING will be evaluated to its fullest ability! :hysterical::shift::shift::hysterical:

On a serious note, +1 to all those who have responded thus far.......

Things that are considered "normal" on our cars:

1. A "hiss" when engaging/disengaging the clutch from a stop into first or reverse

2. A "rollover" sound occasionally coming from what I believe is the throw-out bearing spinning in neutral

(my 96 GT did this as well), especially aggrevated by sitting idling in neutral with the A/C on

3. Occassional roughness/noise while in 2nd gear...every other gear is gravy smooth

4. Chatter when taking off from a start....probably better described as wheel hop.

Seems like most of these "characteristics" are attributable to the twin-disk ceramic set-up......like many things in life, I've gotten used to it, and my clutch has actually become smoother and quieter as she has broken in....maybe I should keep driving! :shift:

Sudguy4

It's been a "trait" of Tremec transmissions for at least 12 years. Our 1996 Viper has made the noise since new... on Viper forums it's referred to as NGR, Neutral Gear Rattle.

My 08 'Vert makes the noise since the day I picked it up.

Lance

Archived