TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need a stripe kit for a 08 Shelby gt

My wife backed into a chain link fence and damaged the stripes on the top of the rear bumper where it seams together.The only stripe kit I see that shelby list is for the gt 500 and I have looked all over the internet and can't find anything that matches. Does anyone know if anyone sells pieces of a kit or the whole kit or if Shelby sells a kit for the GT.

Thanks, Jeff

My wife backed into a chain link fence and damaged the stripes on the top of the rear bumper where it seams together.The only stripe kit I see that shelby list is for the gt 500 and I have looked all over the internet and can't find anything that matches. Does anyone know if anyone sells pieces of a kit or the whole kit or if Shelby sells a kit for the GT.

Thanks, Jeff

If you call someone at Shelbyperformanceparts.com they can get you the stripe. You will have to prove you own a SGT, but they can make it happen for you.

michael morris

Thanks, Jeff

Hi Jeff and welcome to Team Shelby

You'll need to contact Shelby Autos in Vegas about obtaining OEM replacement stripes.

Steve

Thanks, Jeff

Hi Jeff,

First welcome. Too bad it's under these circumstances. Please send me a picture of the damage at ross151@verizon.net

I may have what you need.

Roger

Just in case none of the above work out, I had mine replaced at a sign shop, the stripes were better than what was on there, but it sounds like you've got things handled.

Welcome :) sorry to hear that mate. Just contact Shelby Autos and they will ask you for your personal information and you should be able to purchase replacement. When you do get it fixed which I hope you do, do what I did HIDE THE KEYS!

Welcome :) sorry to hear that mate. Just contact Shelby Autos and they will ask you for your personal information and you should be able to purchase replacement. When you do get it fixed which I hope you do, do what I did HIDE THE KEYS!

I just sent Roger a picture and hopefully he can help me out and if not I am sure that I can get it handled from all the good information I received from the replies to my question. The only good things that have came out this is that my wife claims not to want to drive my car anymore (after all the hell that I raised and I am not done yet) and a new source of information for my SGT. Thanks for all the help.

Jeff

08sgt0503

Hey just think of the ways she is going to have to make this up to you!LOL ;) And proving you own a Shelby shouldnt be a problem. When they have to listen to you rant and rave about how she backed into that fence for 2 minutes they will send it right out! I know Id be pissed! Roger will take good care of you. In fact just call SPP and have it put on his charge account. he wont even notice!LOL ;)

How much is the front bumper strip. This should be a 2 piece stripe per side correct? Mine got a little scuffed up when my sis n law backed up to it.

Sorry, I don't have any for the front. I needed to buy a set for the rear of the car due to damage to one of my trunk stripes. I had to purchase the entire rear section. I did not use the pieces that blue1 needed so I'll be sending them off tomorrow so he can get his car back to where it was before the little mishap.

Roger

Sorry, I don't have any for the front. I needed to buy a set for the rear of the car due to damage to one of my trunk stripes. I had to purchase the entire rear section. I did not use the pieces that blue1 needed so I'll be sending them off tomorrow so he can get his car back to where it was before the little mishap.

Roger

Curious about replacing the trunk stripe. Do you need to get new letters, too? Cuz a few of those have to come off. Or, can you use the old ones buy replacing the sticky side with some 3M double side tape? Anyone know if there's a specific type of 3M tape?

Curious about replacing the trunk stripe. Do you need to get new letters, too? Cuz a few of those have to come off. Or, can you use the old ones buy replacing the sticky side with some 3M double side tape? Anyone know if there's a specific type of 3M tape?

Just the thin 3m automovtive emblem adhesive tape. They removed the old tape and just replaced the tape. Used the same letters.

Roger

Roger

Do you have anymore for the rear section?

I just need one side that goes on top of the rear bumper. It was scrapped while taking some stuff out of the trunk.

Thanks,

Do you have anymore for the rear section?

I just need one side that goes on top of the rear bumper. It was scrapped while taking some stuff out of the trunk.

Thanks,

Sorry jaydub I only had one set.

Blue1...............your stripes are on the way. Good luck.

Roger

Archived