TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quantam Calling

I just got word that Quantam is ready for my car at the end of August and to send the deposit.

Truthfully, because the economy has changed since I began my interest in spending this money

to make my car a SS, I have had to think hard about my decision.

You know, " this could be my kids college money" and all that is going through my mind.

But.... I don't have any other "thing" that I spend money on for myself so.....

I'M GOING FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May the Snake be with me....

I just got word that Quantam is ready for my car at the end of August and to send the deposit.

Truthfully, because the economy has changed since I began my interest in spending this money

You know, " this could be my kids college money" and all that is going through my mind.

Well continue your pondering and just go ahead and send the deposit. I'll slip my car in there to.......ummm.........hold your place in line. :devil:

BTW if you need someone to test drive the car before you pick it up just tell Glenn you authorize Barry to drive the car! :happy feet:

Really, I'm jealous and I don't even have a 500..... :drool:

You will be so impressed with Quantum. They are truly a class act. If not for them then i would have pulled my name out of the hat. My car is there now and it is being converted. Wht great people and they understand customer service. After being ignored by Shelby when I was in Las Vegas there are no better people then those here in Dallas. You will be happy

vistablueGT500,

I wouldn't quite say that. Shelby is very heavy in volume right now.

Quantum is just starting to build cars, so they have more availability to build more quickly than SA right now.

There is no question that Quantum (or Tasca) will do an outstanding job for you, though. Quantum is - without a doubt - a class act that prides itself on customer service and quality. That's one of the many reasons that we chose to partner with them.

What's your Super Snake number?

Cobrafun, you will not be dissapointed when you get this car, it is crazy-fast! And beautiful!!! Congrats!!!!!

Chris

vistablueGT500,

I wouldn't quite say that. Shelby is very heavy in volume right now.

Quantum is just starting to build cars, so they have more availability to build more quickly than SA right now.

There is no question that Quantum (or Tasca) will do an outstanding job for you, though. Quantum is - without a doubt - a class act that prides itself on customer service and quality. That's one of the many reasons that we chose to partner with them.

What's your Super Snake number?

Cobrafun, you will not be dissapointed when you get this car, it is crazy-fast! And beautiful!!! Congrats!!!!!

Chris

Chris,

I was in Shelby early December this last year. When I left i had a really bad taste in my mouth. I felt really mishandled. I wrote about this earlier back in January I think. I have no doubt that it is a great company and I am really excited about my car (406) being upgraded by Quantum. For every bit that I felt mishandled at Shelby, I feel at home at Quantum. I hear you are going to be at Quantum and I would love to meet you and talk cars, bc that is what this all about. I have no doubt that Shelby is a great company but as a 23 year old i felt that I wasn't taken seriously although I had already put my deposit down. No worries though now I am too excited to be upset.

Matt

WOW! At 23 and you are getting a Super Snake?!?!? That is AWESOME!!!! You are one LUCKY guy!!!

Yes, I will be heading there for inspection/badging of the cars (Super Snake, 40th, etc).

It would be great to meet you. It all really depends on scheduling of the visit (for time constraints). If I can do it, that would be great. I will PM you when I scheduled them in. Hopefully I will have the time to hang out there as it's always great to talk cars with a fellow enthusiast!

Remember: these cars are extremely powerful, so get to know your Super Snake before you really get on it!

Chris

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

Actually, Glenn wants my car August 4-11th so things are going smooth over there right now.

( CSM # 08SS0411 )

I called several transport places and I decided on Quantum's referral to use Elite Transport and

we are all set for pick up.

They are a whole lot cheaper than many others that I called.

If anyone is interested, call Ronny at Elite @ 800-470-9904

I am getting excited just thinking about driving the car as a SS ! :peelout:

Yea, i am only 25 years old. But i spend all my time in Iraq. My car is also getting sent off to Q. It is going to be CSM 0456, i cant wait.

Welcome to the forum zex!

I'm assuming you are serving in the military over there and if so, WE APPRECIATE YOUR SERVICE!!

I will keep you posted on the progress of my car at Quantam...

Actually, Glenn wants my car August 4-11th so things are going smooth over there right now.

( CSM # 08SS0411 )

CobraFun,

I'm dropping my SuperSnaked 725 40th Anniversary off at Quantum on the 8th of August and picking it up on the 13th. I'm getting JBA LT and 3 inch exhaust some other mods, and a custom tune. I'll get pics of your SS in progress and post.

cobrafan

CobraFun,

I'm dropping my SuperSnaked 725 40th Anniversary off at Quantum on the 8th of August and picking it up on the 13th. I'm getting JBA LT and 3 inch exhaust some other mods, and a custom tune. I'll get pics of your SS in progress and post.

cobrafan

Thanks cobrafan!

My car is getting picked up this coming Monday, keep a look out for the black convertible from Georgia.

I would love to see the progress...

WOW! At 23 and you are getting a Super Snake?!?!? That is AWESOME!!!! You are one LUCKY guy!!!

Yes, I will be heading there for inspection/badging of the cars (Super Snake, 40th, etc).

It would be great to meet you. It all really depends on scheduling of the visit (for time constraints). If I can do it, that would be great. I will PM you when I scheduled them in. Hopefully I will have the time to hang out there as it's always great to talk cars with a fellow enthusiast!

Remember: these cars are extremely powerful, so get to know your Super Snake before you really get on it!

Chris

You are dead on. These cars are wicked quick. You just need to get use to the car before really getting on it.

michael morris

Thanks cobrafan!

My car is getting picked up this coming Monday, keep a look out for the black convertible from Georgia.

I would love to see the progress...

I am picking up mine on Monday also. As a Dallas resident I have gotten to see all of the cars. Mine is a blue coupe but your black convertible looks amazing. you will be so excited when it arrives. Glen, Josh, Kenny, Kelly, and the rest of the Quantum family really took care of our cars. They left no detail out. Have fun and be safe.

Matt

I am picking up mine on Monday also. As a Dallas resident I have gotten to see all of the cars. Mine is a blue coupe but your black convertible looks amazing. you will be so excited when it arrives. Glen, Josh, Kenny, Kelly, and the rest of the Quantum family really took care of our cars. They left no detail out. Have fun and be safe.

Matt

Thats good to hear.

Matt, can you tell me anything else I should have them do when the car is there?

Like new control arms to control wheel hop, etc.?

• 1 month later...

Well looks like PATIENCE is in order for me guys.

My car has been there for over a month now, and they are way behind waiting for the kits

to arrive from Shelby.

They are saying that the parts are 7 weeks behind scheduled delivery.

Who else is waiting for their Snake at Quantam?

My husband is having his SS done at Quantum also. We made our deposit about a month ago and were told within the last week we won't be getting our call to bring the car down to Texas til hopefully the end of Oct. to the beginning of Nov., because of the delay with the kits. I just hope we get the call before snowfalls here in Wisconsin.

Guys, sorry for the delay in posting these inspection pics of your cars.

As always, feel free to PM me is you want me to email pics of your cars. I would need your name, email address, and CSM# of your car. Remember, these are extremely fast cars, so get to know them before you stomp that pedal! 2 Super Snakes, (4) 40ths and (2) *other cars* were badged that week. Enjoy!

#07SS0407:

post-140-1222439337_thumb.jpg

post-140-1222439346_thumb.jpg

post-140-1222439361_thumb.jpg

post-140-1222439337_thumb.jpg

post-140-1222439346_thumb.jpg

post-140-1222439361_thumb.jpg

...and 08SS0410. Congratulations, guys!

PS- the other badging pics will be in areas relevant to the cars (ie: 40th Anniversary pics will be in the 40th Anniversary arrivals section, etc.)

Thanks!

Chris

Mine is # 08SS0411, so I might be next!!!

Keep an eye on the black vert with the "ponyfun" Georgia plate.

Please take some pics of the whole car for me brother.

Thanks Chris!

Mine is # 08SS0411, so I might be next!!!

Keep an eye on the black vert with the "ponyfun" Georgia plate.

Please take some pics of the whole car for me brother.

Thanks Chris!

Mine has been put off twice now and as it stands right now I will take mine to them on the 15th. Does anyone know if they are catching back up and will be ready for mine then or am I looking to be put back again. My new Corvette ZR1 will be delivered tomorrow so I have plenty to play with now. It will be interesting to compare the two, actually I also have a FGT so I will also be comparing all three. How Fun :happy feet:

Mine has been put off twice now and as it stands right now I will take mine to them on the 15th. Does anyone know if they are catching back up and will be ready for mine then or am I looking to be put back again. My new Corvette ZR1 will be delivered tomorrow so I have plenty to play with now. It will be interesting to compare the two, actually I also have a FGT so I will also be comparing all three. How Fun :happy feet:

Wow, oilmaggot, nice collection you have! Best shot is not to let anyone speak for Quantum and call them to get a better bead on the date.

For what it's worth, they have been catching back up, though.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again, everybody!

It was nice to meet some of you while I was at the Quantum charity for the College. I had a great time.

Please see badging pics below.

As always, feel free to PM me is you want me to email pics of your cars. I would need your name, email address, and CSM# of your car.

Like I always say-- these are extremely fast cars, so get to know them before you stomp the loud pedal!

(1) 40th, (4) Super Snakes were badged last week. 40th pics are in the 40th arrival forums.

Enjoy!

Chris

08SS0420:

post-140-1225274584_thumb.jpg

post-140-1225274639_thumb.jpg

post-140-1225274651_thumb.jpg

post-140-1225274584_thumb.jpg

post-140-1225274639_thumb.jpg

post-140-1225274651_thumb.jpg

Archived