TEAM SHELBY FORUM

605 hp supersnake

How much different is the 605 hp ss than a stock gt 500 is it that big of a difference?

Significant, really significant. Example? I can be in 6th gear moving along at 80 M.P.H., downshift from 6th to 4th, stomp down on the vertical pedal, and the rear tires will spin as the car moves up and past to 120 M.P.H.

Example 2: 1st gear, clutch fully engaged and the car is traveling about 10 to 15 M.P.H. I stomp down on the throttle and the car will smoke the rear tires and get sideways through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears.

Hope this helps, but let me know if you have any more questions.

Significant, really significant. Example? I can be in 6th gear moving along at 80 M.P.H., downshift from 6th to 4th, stomp down on the vertical pedal, and the rear tires will spin as the car moves up and past to 120 M.P.H.

Example 2: 1st gear, clutch fully engaged and the car is traveling about 10 to 15 M.P.H. I stomp down on the throttle and the car will smoke the rear tires and get sideways through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears.

son of gt is that 605 at the rear wheels or at the motor.

thxs Scotty !!!

son of gt is that 605 at the rear wheels or at the motor.

thxs Scotty !!!

No Scotty, that's at the engine. But even though I have not been able to dyno my car yet, it really feels like it's closer to 625 than 605, at least the engine torque makes it feel that way.

I'm sure like son of gt said it's a big difference. If I can tell a big difference years ago going from 250hp to 300hp and then from 430hp to the eventual 530hp in my old Mach 1 now you should be able to tell a good difference on these cars. You probably won't be able to tell much difference off the line from a stop unless you have excellent traction on both cars as you'll likely just burn up the tires, but out on the road will be a big difference.

Technically, it is a 100hp increase at the engine. I don’t know what the rwhp is.

It’s not just the hp increase that make the car bad as heck, it the combined re-gearing, suspension revamp, brakes etc. all combined make a noticeable difference.

I have not gotten mine back yet but Son of GT has his, he knows, I’m still waiting. :drool::shift:

No question that this perfomance is substantial over Stock. I tried to see if I could even get a chirp and couldn't.........was at 60 dropped into 3rd and punched it (with TC off) and got nothing but about a split second lag before SC kicked in. Stock GT500 is weak if you really want some serious performance - you gotta go to 605 or 725+. It all depends on your performance threshhold, to some the stock GT kicks butt, to others it's a really good base to take it to the next level.

Good luck

I believe on artice that tested the 605 h.p. SS dyno'ed it and said it was way underrated and they got about 575 rwhp if my memory serves me right. I believe the 725 package is dyno'ed at about 625 rwhp on this board.

I agree with Son of GT, even going through the gears to get on the highway, I get rubber going into 4th gear at 65. This car is a blast to drive, and the suspension really adds composure to the car that I feel is missing from the stock GT500. Super Snake upgrades really wake the car up! Good luck in your decision

Chris

There are kits that if 605 is not enough, which in my vert it is, you can put down a whole lot more hp with this package. Look at evolutions web page. They can make it as mean as you want for very little money for the hp. The biggest problem with any of the SS's are the traction issue. Still waiting on wider rear wheels from Shelby. I would have no fear of a 725hp SS from a dead stop. They both would have the same traction issue. Stock to the 605, just right for my vert. I love the car.

Thanks im car number 08277 and i told them 605 package 6 months ago can't wait to get her done.

There are kits that if 605 is not enough, which in my vert it is, you can put down a whole lot more hp with this package. Look at evolutions web page. They can make it as mean as you want for very little money for the hp. The biggest problem with any of the SS's are the traction issue. Still waiting on wider rear wheels from Shelby. I would have no fear of a 725hp SS from a dead stop. They both would have the same traction issue. Stock to the 605, just right for my vert. I love the car.

Having driven both and owning a 725+ there is huge difference in feel from the stock 500 to 605 and there is that much more again from the 605 to 725. The KB Blower has much more top end push. Mind you, I drove a 605 convertable vs my coupe, but both of us - the driver of the vert and I agreed, big difference.

Both a great cars and far better and faster stock than stock.

Mike

I would guess that changing the rear end ratio from a 3.31 to a 3.73 would also assist in "loss of traction", stock GT500 vs. Super Snake conversion<<(either of them).

R

Archived