TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Melting Shelby Letters

I just got vert #220 and had it delivered to my home in Texas last week. The temp was over 100 for most of the week. I took it to a 'hand wash' to get rid of the dust, and when I got back to the house I found out I was driving a SHELB. The Y was gone. And all the other letters were very loose. Seems the high heat and the black paint are not stick-on letter friendly. All the remaining letters wiggled like Jello in the heat. I jumped on the phone and ordered a new set. When back out to the car and as I looked at SHELB with despair, a reflection caught my eye. In the space between the trunk lid and side was the Y. So here is what I did. First, I waited for it to cool off a bit. The remaining letters were firmer, but still movable with some pressure. So not only did I Crazy Glue the Y on, I also, VERY CAREFULLY, ran a very small bead of glue along the horizontal edges of all the other letters. Now if you poke them with your finger they will not move at all. I have my SHELBY back, and a spare set of letters just in case.

I also have two 2006 GT-H coupes and checked them. Well, guess what? Those letters have pins on the back. The trunk is drilled, letters put in and clips put on.

So if you have an '07 GT-H vert, take this as a warning and check your letters.

The SGT have the same problem. The "L" and "Y" are notorious for falling off. Many have driven SHE BY's and SHELB's without knowing it. SAI used to be real good about replacing them at no cost.

I actually went to a car show in Dallas and the SHELB KR was sitting there for all to see... :finger:

l_450f97145ff933fb1b1005b6cea457ab.jpg

The SGT have the same problem. The "L" and "Y" are notorious for falling off. Many have driven SHE BY's and SHELB's without knowing it. SAI used to be real good about replacing them at no cost.

I actually went to a car show in Dallas and the SHELB KR was sitting there for all to see... :finger:

That picture is just hilarious! Someone didn't look the car over very good before they left it there. Or maybe someone else's Y fell off and they saw this one loose so decided to snag it! It's surprising that it comes off so clean that you can't tell it was even there!

• 2 weeks later...
That picture is just hilarious! Someone didn't look the car over very good before they left it there. Or maybe someone else's Y fell off and they saw this one loose so decided to snag it! It's surprising that it comes off so clean that you can't tell it was even there!

If you do have to have all your letters replaced just make sure the guy doing it knows how to spell.

(Photoshop is so much fun!)

LZ.jpg

LZ.jpg

Archived