TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Someone making a fake dash plaque.......

Here's another one. Although he doesn't say anything about Shelby...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...AAQ:MOTORS:1123

I dont see anything wrong with this version, not biting on Shelby.

But the 1st one the guys is asking for a pic of the Shelby dash plaque so he can reproduce it.

Not good!

Now that I own one I say frign dirt bags go buy your own. However I used to have a 1966 GT350 clone and I thought it was cool and the more I could make it look original, the more I liked it. So both sides are valid....I can't believe I just said that, because now I do not like any one cloning my car at all. In my mind it devalues the car, in someones else's mind it is the greatest form of flatery. You choose-

I'm not sure that it really bothers me that someone may be trying to create an accurate clone. It'll cost them a bundle, as not all parts are available, and it'll be fairly difficult to make a clone that you can't readily spot without checking the VIN. Doesn't Shelby have a record of all the VINs transformed into SGTs? That should ID any fakes that anyone might make. This will only lead to an increased awareness of the car through the lawsuits SAI will justifiably file, the fraud that whoever is doing this is committing, and the publicity that says that this car is so stinkin' valuable that people are faking them! Given the price they are currently going for, I just can't see anyone creating and making money off these cars except Shelby himself. So I say let them clone away. Some of us used to clone a bit, at least to some extent. It keeps the Shelby magic alive for those who just can't afford the real thing. But if they try to cash in and sell it as genuine, Book'em Danno! :club:

Archived