TEAM SHELBY FORUM

grinding and thumping

A while back I had a small rock get caught in my brakes, made a hell of a squeal, thought the driveshaft was falling off, lol. Speaking of driveshafts, my old thunderbird SCs enclosed driveshaft was very prone to getting gravel caught in between the shield and the shaft, also making a hell of a squeal. Pain the arse...

Anyways, the squeal was obviously only heard driving driving, maybe that is it? Rock caught in your brakes?

hey i need help guys my car is acting up. im up in new mexico and i live in dallas so ive been running 91 instead of 93, but 91 still should be good. so i was driving around town and my car started making this real nasty grinding sound like a high pitch metal on metal sound so i pulled over looked around my car and didnt see anything wrong and i pulled off and it stopped, then two days later i start my car and my car is making this loud thumping noise and the whole car is shaking :cry: . i know this is not much detail, but i was wondering if anybody could help.

by the looks of ur car in ur sig no wonder its makin funny noises. its all squished!!

:hysterical:

j/k ... hope its nuthin serious :fan:

yea it was prolly a rock in the brakes cuase its not doing it anymore, but the woosh sound is still there and it also does it when i shift so im thinking its the cold air intake.

Yeah if the window is open you can hear the suction from the cold air intake, even at moderate load, really ramps up when you tromp on it. I love the sound, personally. hehe, and also when you turn the car off it makes a pssshhhtt noise. Mine does, at least, I'm pretty sure they all will.

Yeah if the window is open you can hear the suction from the cold air intake, even at moderate load, really ramps up when you tromp on it. I love the sound, personally. hehe, and also when you turn the car off it makes a pssshhhtt noise. Mine does, at least, I'm pretty sure they all will.

l\

Love that sound!!

Archived