TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally, a decent license plate mounting solution

I could be wrong about this, but I believe that another member posted information about this product a few months ago, and it was determined that it won't work on the SGT because it has the GT/CS chin spoiler on it. I would check that issue with the seller before buying.

I could be wrong about this, but I believe that another member posted information about this product a few months ago, and it was determined that it won't work on the SGT because it has the GT/CS chin spoiler on it. I would check that issue with the seller before buying.

Someone else posted that it was a flimsy application and could scratch the body parts.

Someone else posted that it was a flimsy application and could scratch the body parts.

I think that was me. I bought it (at least I am pretty sure it was this item) and was so unimpressed that I gave it away to the first member to pay the shipping to get it to them.

Jim

Check this one out.

http://www.ccmustangbrackets.com/index.html

Roger

Yeah, I've seen that one...I was just thinking that it would be cool to be able to hide the plate if you wanted to when you wanted to like at shows or whatever...

I wonder what was so flimsy about it??? I think it would be funny if you got stopped by an officer to say...oh yeah, I was cleaning my car and must have forgot to pull that back out...here ya go officer! Would be funnier if you didn't have to get out to do it...and you could say "You must be seeing things officer! Look again, it's there!" "Maybe you should get your eyes checked" LMAO

I used Craigs bracket. Its high quality, nice polished finish, installs in minutes and I was still able to use it with my lower Grille insert.

Do you have any tips on installing it with the lower grill insert? I have the bracket and should have my car back from SAI's Mod Shop soon. I recall people, including Craig, saying that it can be a real bear with the lower grill insert. Thanks.

Jim

It's really simple. Install the bracket first and then the lower grille insert. They do not interfere with each other. If you have the lower grille in first you will have to remove it to install the plate bracket. It's really a high quality piece.

Thanks, TC.

Jim

I made mine and it can me removed in less than a minute. I gave detailed instructions here http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...ic=27874&hl

I am looking at adding the lower grill and changing from the Craig Broussard design to this:

http://www.topflightrepro.com/

saw it mounted on an SGT at a show a couple of weeks ago. Looked good attached to the plastic under the lower grill.

Just floating another option guys & gals.

I am looking at adding the lower grill and changing from the Craig Broussard design to this:

http://www.topflightrepro.com/

saw it mounted on an SGT at a show a couple of weeks ago. Looked good attached to the plastic under the lower grill.

Just floating another option guys & gals.

Michael,

Did you, per chance, get a photo of it? I am trying to visualize how the Corvette product would adapt to our cars. I am very open to any suggestion that will work and look nice. Thanks for bringing this one up.

Jim

Michael,

Did you, per chance, get a photo of it? I am trying to visualize how the Corvette product would adapt to our cars. I am very open to any suggestion that will work and look nice. Thanks for bringing this one up.

Jim

Jim,

Here is the photo, the piece bolts to the plastic piece below the lower grill.

The plate then covers part of the lower grill opening instead of the striped nose of the bumper.

It can also be installed inverted over the lower grill opening and be mounted higher up.

I like the lower application as pictured.

th_SSL10016_itA_074.jpg

Hope that helps Jim,

Michael

Archived