TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Durability Test Car

At a local car show this past week Ford brought down a KR that's being used to test the car's durability. It's been in service I think since December the guy said and will finish it's test period at the end of the year and then be crushed. :cry:

Very cool in person and nice to have one you could touch, sit in, and lay with and no one cared! :happy feet:

Anyway, for the KR history books!

IMG_0088s.jpg

IMG_0089s.jpg

IMG_0090s.jpg

IMG_0091s.jpg

IMG_0092s.jpg

IMG_0093s.jpg

IMG_0116s.jpg

IMG_0118s.jpg

IMG_0119s.jpg

IMG_0120s.jpg

IMG_0121s.jpg

IMG_0088s.jpg

IMG_0089s.jpg

IMG_0090s.jpg

IMG_0091s.jpg

IMG_0092s.jpg

IMG_0093s.jpg

IMG_0116s.jpg

IMG_0118s.jpg

IMG_0119s.jpg

IMG_0120s.jpg

IMG_0121s.jpg

Put it in the SAI museum

There are some issues with that I believe, maybe Amy can tell us, but the car can't legally be sold at least not where it could be repaired and driven or registered. I think they cut cars now rather than crush but again I only know what the Ford guy told me.

Hate to see it end up that way...even having been driven hard since December and though the winter, the car looked great!

There are some issues with that I believe, maybe Amy can tell us, but the car can't legally be sold at least not where it could be repaired and driven or registered. I think they cut cars now rather than crush but again I only know what the Ford guy told me.

Hate to see it end up that way...even having been driven hard since December and though the winter, the car looked great!

Seems thats what I recall lately. Car cut in half and vins removed, then sold for "scrap".

Steve

Seems thats what I recall lately. Car cut in half and vins removed, then sold for "scrap".

Steve

True. I saw a GT 500 test car (white) listed on ebay that was cut in half right behind the front seats. Asking $15,000 for it. Instrument cluster, front seats, doors were missing. driveshaft removed. Engine and transmission were intact.

Anyone good with a welder?

Archived