TEAM SHELBY FORUM

car ramps

whazen1

Am getting ready to do my first oil change and don't think that I am skinny enough anymore to fit under the car. Just checking to see what kind of ramps are available out there for our cars. Can you give me some ideas?

Thanks,

Wayne

Grabber and Ingram4868,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I would like to be on a budget but once I saw the raceramps.com site, I think they will be the best. I like the two piece ramp and it will work well due to the low clearance of the GT500 and being able to get behind the ramp. BroodNV, thanks for the link. Anyway, I appreciate your help.

Wayne

I bought the 67" 2 piece ramps and they give you plenty of room under the car. I dont use a Trax Jax with them either.

Did you buy the 67" for the clearance when driving on the ramps or the extra 2 " of clearance once you are on them? Do you find the 2 piece really make a differnce or you have the option just in case you need the extra room on the sides?

Thanks Al

Did you buy the 67" for the clearance when driving on the ramps or the extra 2 " of clearance once you are on them? Do you find the 2 piece really make a differnce or you have the option just in case you need the extra room on the sides?

Thanks Al

I bought the 67" for the extra 2". Also the 2 piece ramps are really nice cause they do take up alot of space on the side of the car. The 2 piece dosent take up much more than right under the tire. Ill try and get some pics tonight or tommorrow.

Ideal for use with low ground clearance cars.

Light weight, but strong, holding up to 3000 pounds per set!

Built in one solid piece, making them durable and sturdy.

Work on any level surface and are easy to drive onto.

100% Solid on all Planes. Solid Core.

Will not damage your hot asphalt, cement, or painted floors.

Will absolutely not slide on any surface.

Will accommodate tires 12” wide.

* 67” long, 10” high, 14” wide

* Gets your vehicle up even higher (10")

* Only thirty pounds per set!

* IDEAL for low ground clearance vehicles with extra wide tires

Buy it Now ->

Am quoting from their site that it holds 3000 pounds per set....what does it mean per set...like one side or the two sides set, our car is 4000 pounds?

Am quoting from their site that it holds 3000 pounds per set....what does it mean per set...like one side or the two sides set, our car is 4000 pounds?

Gotta remember that 4000lbs isnt on the 2 ramps. You still have 2 wheels on the ground holdimg alot of the weight.

Gotta remember that 4000lbs isnt on the 2 ramps. You still have 2 wheels on the ground holdimg alot of the weight.

The GT500 has a front/rear weight distribution of 57/43 meaning 57% of the weight is over the front tires and 43% is over the rear. Assuming a 4000 lb vehicle weight, the front tires are supporting 2280 pounds, which is within the 3000 pound rating for the ramps with a 24% margin.

Until the Shelby, I've frequently changed oil in my vehicles myself, and because I take such good care of my cars I haven't worried much about the warranty, but with the Shelby I have had the local Ford Dealer do my oil changes. I kept a close eye on them last time and was less than impressed, so I'd like do get some ramps and change my own oil. But I wonder if there is something I need to do, document, etc in relation to the warranty?

CC

I used the 40.00 walmart ramps and placed a cut down 2x12 in front of them to give good clearance for the front splitter.

th_Shelbyramps1.jpg

th_Shelby_Ramps.jpg

I like the way you support the ramp in the front with the 2x4....more stable so they do not move forward...nice thinking.

Thanks everybody for the help. Just got the e-mail that my race ramps were shipped today. (I ordered them yesterday afternoon). Can't wait. Now I can do my first oil change myself and not have to worry about scratches, wrong oil, greasy fingerprints or stained carpets or any other mystery damage to my car at the dealership. Now I need to think about what I am going to do about the recall on the airbag.

Wayne

Archived