TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Motels on a cross country trip

ffr1229

Am thinking about taking the GT500 to Montana to let it "breath" and visit my son in Bozeman and am wondering what others do at motels short of sleeping in the car???

Ground floor room, facing front parking lot. This is usually a handicap room. Do NOT take 2 parking spaces. Use a car cover to prevent minor scratches from folks waking past.

I have done it sevral times in the Shelby without difficulty. Folks will ask about the car. Be friendly with your new neighbors and they will usually be friendly back. If they percieve you as 'one of the guys' your car will be fine. If you are generally percieved as a snob, your car just may suffer.

The other option that works well for us is full service hotels with valets. Tip the valet a $20 and ask him to keep the car in front of the hotel. Every one sees it and no one messes with it while being 'watched'

Never had a problem with any of the Cobra's and trips. Both the 99 and the 03 saw plenty of hotel lots during their stay with me. Thing to remember you're there for one night, hard for pros to case the place and your car. Mostly use a 98 MK VIII LSC for trips now as the wifes cat goes with us and don't want his hair all over the place!

Am thinking about taking the GT500 to Montana to let it "breath" and visit my son in Bozeman and am wondering what others do at motels short of sleeping in the car???

I agree with the other post here, park outside your motel room if you can, otherwise, at least facing the lot. I just ask when checking in if there's a room available on that side. But I wouldn't cover the car, the cover attracts too much attention.

I've used the Best Westerns down I-15 to Las Vegas, they're fine. The Howard Johnson's in Brigham City, UT was, well, not so fine...

Ground floor room, facing front parking lot. This is usually a handicap room. Do NOT take 2 parking spaces. Use a car cover to prevent minor scratches from folks waking past.

I have done it sevral times in the Shelby without difficulty. Folks will ask about the car. Be friendly with your new neighbors and they will usually be friendly back. If they percieve you as 'one of the guys' your car will be fine. If you are generally percieved as a snob, your car just may suffer.

The other option that works well for us is full service hotels with valets. Tip the valet a $20 and ask him to keep the car in front of the hotel. Every one sees it and no one messes with it while being 'watched'

I have done it numerous times, the above post is spot on. Esp, "don't take two car spots, find an end space and hug' the side. Bright lights, in parking lot. Most of new'chains, Marriott Court Yard, Hampton Inns, etc, even though they are 3-4 floors ask for bottom floor and park car with cover right outside your window, leave drapes slightly open. It will be cool, Have fun, what a great 'Road Trip" Yah!!!! :shift:

Archived