TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Uh Ohhh GETS EVEN WORSE

Please read

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31366

If you already have not. If you have, please read below.

So i went to 07SHELBY GT's Thread and was reading and he said he got the wrong oil

I was sure my dealership put in the correct oil, or was I?

I went to check the invoice and sure enough 5W-20

WHAT DONT YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND

it says it right on the oil cap! I took pictures to further my point

Horrible clarity, phone pictures

l_f989018df2da48f67a6cd295e37dc1cf.jpg

Clearly 5W-50

l_e4a2b1e860845f759dc6cc82ba6aedd3.jpg

Clearly not 5W-50

EDIT- Okay maybe not clearly but believe me its a 20 not a 50

It is a crying shame that we have to be the authority on our cars needs. I guess the only way to make sure is that we first go to the parts department and buy the correct oil then have the service writer indicate owner provided oil. But wait, he must also make a notation to only use 6.5 qts and return the unused portion to the owner.

Frustrating is an understatement.

It is a crying shame that we have to be the authority on our cars needs. I guess the only way to make sure is that we first go to the parts department and buy the correct oil then have the service writer indicate owner provided oil. But wait, he must also make a notation to only use 6.5 qts and return the unused portion to the owner.

Frustrating is an understatement.

It is a shame, on the dealers part. They produce these vehicles and they dont have the correct and proper people working on them? That's outrageous?

Dude! So sickening to hear this happened. Did you catch it quick?

On the bright side, you have it documented that the dealership used the wrong oil, and you can use that fact if they try to screw you on a warranty repair.

I caught it less then 24 hours and two drives later. If anything goes wrong with my motor here on out its the dealers fault.

I caught it less then 24 hours and two drives later. If anything goes wrong with my motor here on out its the dealers fault.

I've come to a conclusion that ALL dealerships hire morons in their service departments. Quick story on my wife's car, 05 Mercedes E320 CDI. This is a diesel car that I bought new from the Merc. dealership in Las Vegas. It is the closest dealership to me, as I live in AZ. about 2 hours south/east of L.V. I have alway brought her car to the dealership for service since I don't want to risk having it serviced by anyone else than a Mercedes Dealership. Around April 07 I was driving to the dealership early morning to get there for an appointment for routine service at 8 a.m. In having to wait there for almost 4 hours, they finally had the car done. As I left the dealership, drove on the freeway about 8 miles, red warning light came on the instrument cluster. "Warning" flashing in red says, engine oil is overfilled, drive to service engine or something like that. Well I called them on the cell phone, got the service writer I had the appointment with and told him I was returning to have them check it out. Upon my return, they took the car back into the garage, another 2 hours, said "yes" was overfilled and the problem was corrected. By now I'm getting frustrated because it's around 2 p.m. and I have another 2 hour drive home. Left for home, got about 30 minutes from home and red warning light came on now said: SRS (safety restraint system) has a problem and may not properly deploy, drive car to service as soon as possible. Called the service tech. again and drove the car home and parked it for a few weeks until I could then take another full day of getting this problem corrected. They did correct the problem, said bad harness in the steering column and they replaced it. NOW, I suspect this problem was somehow related to their making an error while running the codes on the car when they reset the oil service time. So moral of the story, and sorry so long but I'm still pissed, the frigging dealership has a bunch of "goons" that don't know how much oil to put into the cars that they sell right there???? Like I said, bunch of morons, you always have to look over their shoulders if you can and I'm sure a lot of you readers can agree with your own nightmares on taking your cars to dealerships to take the car after it's done and find they created more problems than you went in there with.

AZbud :banghead:

Sorry to see this happen to another owner!I only checked it because I am anal and don't trust these folks for one and have seen the exact same stuff happen to others here for two.Without this forumand these rant threads I may have never caught the dealership blunder!I suggest giving them an oldschool asswhipping!

Archived