TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why Did Our SGT's Come with Spoiler Delete?

jaydub Mach1

I give you my full support in banning SKG....fire when ready captain

+2

I started this thread because I am curious about all aspects of our SGT's.

All things considered, I think it is a fantastic opportunity that Mr. Shelby, Amy, SAI, Ford and everybody else involved has given us and I am grateful for it!! :yup:

Amy and her staff go above and beyond what they need to by communicating with us through these forums. They don’t have to do this.

So please create your own thread to discuss your issues, I would like to find out more about these great cars in this one.

Cheers :D :D

SKG, This is exactly why I said you were disrespectful. I am tired of your attacks. You can continue your posts in a respectful discussion or I will remove you. I don't have to prove myself. I have gone above and beyond which is my job and I will continue to do so.

Again, for the final time, The Shelby Gt is a Great car in it's own right. There will be a GT350 as it was always planned and when the performance level is where we think it meets a GT350, we will build the car.

This is my last post to you, warning you to stop insulting me

Amy

Amy...I'll go ahead and make it real simple for everyone...I am giving up my forum membership as I'd rather be a poor wise man than adorn and distract myself with the meaningless ceremonial accolades being perpetuated here.

Amy...I'll go ahead and make it real simple for everyone...I am giving up my forum membership as I'd rather be a poor wise man than adorn and distract myself with the meaningless ceremonial accolades being perpetuated here.

Adieu.

Jim

Your wish has been granted.

Is this like "Screw you guys, I'm going home"?

It may actually LOOK more in line with the 67-68 cars without the rear spoiler, but trust me, when you get well into triple digit speeds, you WILL notice that the back end of the car is VERY LIGHT and you can feel it wandering around back there...that was the reason I decided to put the GT500 spoiler on mine...now, the backend is very solid deep into the triple digit speeds, and I don't feel like I'm trying to suck a little seat cover up any more... :hysterical:

My car does not feel light at all at speed, must be time for me to lose some weight! :hysterical:

If you can't be respectful in conversation, you made the right decision. Thank you.

Amy

I wish I could believe you as I know you will be back.

As a child of the Most High God, your steps are ordered by Him. He has a specific place of blessing prepared for you, I suggest you follow his word.....

"Then the word of the Lord came to Elijah (or in this case SKG): Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. You will drink from the brook, and I have ordered the ravens to feed you there" (I Kings 17:2-4).

Adieu.

Jim

+1

Your wish has been granted.

Please say it's true Grabber? I hope your not toying with us or me

Is this like "Screw you guys, I'm going home"?

It's the only thing he has said to us & others since he's been here....so yes, this is what he's saying

If you can't be respectful in conversation, you made the right decision. Thank you.

Amy

+1,000

All of us: :happy feet: :beerchug: :bandance: :elefant: :cheerleader: :banana piano: :hysterical2::woot::headspin::hysterical3::yahoo::lol::rockon::banvictory:

SKG: :rip:

+20,000 members

The only thing I took away from this thread is that I am going to have to convince my wife to let me buy another Shelby (GT350). Of course without selling my current Shelby GT/SC.

That will probably go over like this: :finger:

or this: :chairshot:

or this: :club:

Chris when you get ready to :spend: I will be glad to help you do this :peelout: It would make me :dance: , let me know after you are you wife :boxing:

michael morris (future GT350 salesman) :happy feet:

The only thing I took away from this thread is that I am going to have to convince my wife to let me buy another Shelby (GT350). Of course without selling my current Shelby GT/SC.

That will probably go over like this: :finger:

or this: :chairshot:

or this: :club:

I feel your pain, I may need to move in the garage apartment. :hysterical:

I like the spoiler delete, car looks "cleaner" that way. And its faster. (less weight) :lol:

For those that like the spoiler you can always add it to personalize your Shelby.

Steve

exactly!

I must of missed this too! All I know is I can count on 2 fingers the number of company's that I can interact with the "MAN" and his VP and others at SAI. That in itself is awesome. Doesn't mean I always agree, but that's life. As far as the spoiler delete, I struggled with that one for quite some time as I wanted to keep it original.......didn't last had to put my "mark" on it. Here's a thought....think about the interaction we have today with SAI compared to what it would of been in the 60's and 70's??? When you consider the changes we all win! Just my .02 :happy feet:

Education is over rated :happy feet: :happy feet:

Im kinda joking. It takes more than a piece of paper to be succesful. I know alot of folks with degrees that have done NOTHING with them.

Hard work is just as important.

michael morris

“Genius is one percent inspiration, and ninety-nine percent perspiration.” - Thomas Alva Edison

“Genius is one percent inspiration, and ninety-nine percent perspiration.” - Thomas Alva Edison

That is one nice pic of your car in your sig! What did you do to the car as the black looks darker and the stripes are more white? Or is it just the camera? (or my cheapo work monitor?)

That is one nice pic of your car in your sig! What did you do to the car as the black looks darker and the stripes are more white? Or is it just the camera? (or my cheapo work monitor?)

+1 Wes, that's an awesome picture of your car!

Dave

AFBLUE - Here is you trying to get your point across to Amy -> :banghead:

Here is Amy with her repeated spin on the painfully obvious facts -> :talkhand:

Here is the majority of folks -> :baby:

Here's me reading of each and every response of Amy -> :drop:

Let's face it blue...she is in the position there at SAI to to sell it however way she wishes to paint it.....It's quite easy to do in this age of "Pied Piper of Hamelin".

In response to statements on Shelby car design, I recall a quote,..."Of Personal Preference, There can be no dispute"....As far as, my own personal preference is concerned......I, drive and collect Shelby Automobiles and Shelby memorabilia, Because I, admire and respect the 50+ years of automobile design and winning car racing experience that Carroll Shelby and his Team have historically put and continue to put into each and every car that they build. Carroll, "Shelby Automobiles" has been globally recognized for 50+ years for his company's creative car design, winning car racing experience and that; "Shelby Drive", to go faster, handle better and to excel,...bottom line..TO WIN.. To create the BEST. Today, The Shelby Automobile Team, continues that historical Legacy, and strive's each and every day to build the best, to push the edge on car design, performance and speed.

In summary; Historically the creative masters of automobile speed, racing, cutting edge design and performance have been universally praised and admired by the car enthusiasts. I sit and marvel at the Shelby cars, I can't wait to see what's coming next from "The World of Shelby".

As far as the above toxic post is concerned,.....Let the Pro's at Shelby do the job, that they know best; Designing and building great looking, fast, performance tuned , winning cars. In the words of John Lenon, "Let it Be"..kick back, Have Fun, and most of all enjoy the 'Shelby" ride.

It looks so dark due to the use of a special wax formed by an almost extinct African honey bee that I apply with baby diapers that have been laundered no less than 100 times before use. :hysterical: Actually, I have no clue why it looks so good in this pic! It definitely looks darker in this pic than in some of my others. I hit the "Auto Adjust" in the photo editor when I was fiddling with it, but I do that with all my pics. I took the picture with a Nikon D40 set on autoexposure with the standard lens.

I am writing on an iphone and can't always see what it is written and it doesn't always do spell check. I can spell mostly, I just don't check all the time because I know you understand what I am saying and taking the time to answer is important to me.

I am like everyone else who worked very hard and quit school when my dad couldn't afford any help in his butcher store and I did hard labor in that store till he could close it properly and then get a job working for another butcher. I have worked very hard for 30 years to get where I am without a degree and I am pretty proud of that. Of course, not the part where I didn't finish school, but the part where I still got ahead without going back.

I will from now on only post when I am sure I can check every word and every post. Your right I should be better at this.

Amy

Rich and Robert better get Spell Checker up soon

I think that it is waaaayyy cool that Amy's using an iPhone. I've got an iPod Touch that I think is the greatest handheld everything device (short of having the phone capability).

I also agree that it takes some time to learn the touch pad key board which explains the miscues in typing.

This adds more to the "Shelby" image. Maybe there's a commercial there somewhere.

I can see it now.... Steve Jobs in a SGT/SC Convertible cruising down the Pac Coast Hwy (probably automatic, though...) and talking on his iPhone. Oh, and to stay in tune with the thread, it's got a GT500 spoiler added. It's that Apple/nonconformist type thing.

AFBLUE - Here is you trying to get your point across to Amy -> :banghead:

Here is Amy with her repeated spin on the painfully obvious facts -> :talkhand:

Here is the majority of folks -> :baby:

Here's me reading of each and every response of Amy -> :drop:

Let's face it blue...she is in the position there at SAI to to sell it however way she wishes to paint it.....It's quite easy to do in this age of "Pied Piper of Hamelin".

SKG - Do you realize that you have ruined your entire Shelby experience with "blue sky" expectations that your car would be perfect? I will say this, I have owned a Rolls Royce and that car was not perfect! Mind you this is one of the most expensive cars on Earth and I still did not crush the "servicing & selling" dealer by telling him the car was not perfect. Did they fix everything on the car that I complained about, no. Even though I was not the original owner it still was a Rolls Royce, but I knew that anything that was made by man would have flaws.So I just enjoyed the car and enjoyed my life. You should do the same, enjoy your car and enjoy your life. However if you just can't take it, sell it. My .02 cents.

amy as a long time customer of youres and shelbys (i collect RLC cars also) i need to ask you to wait at least 3 more years(by then my sgt will be almost payed for) before you release the gt350 or i will be living out of my 3 shelbys as my wife will have gotten the house in the enevitable divorce that insues when i pull up in another new car as she most likley would put it lol.

Archived