TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for a muffler TSB?

I know there are a couple of rattling problems with the GT.

The rattle I have been getting since day 1 is only when the car is heated up, and only if I hit a bump. It will be a single "clunk' sound. Not really a rattle or vibration.

The one TSB I saw talked more of a vibration at RPM's etc. This clunk I get is over bumps, once the car is heated up.

Looking for a way to spoon feed the fix to a dealer (once I find a local dealer I can trust).

Located in Kalamazoo Michigan, if you know a dealer let me know. Thanks.

I know there are a couple of rattling problems with the GT.

The rattle I have been getting since day 1 is only when the car is heated up, and only if I hit a bump. It will be a single "clunk' sound. Not really a rattle or vibration.

The one TSB I saw talked more of a vibration at RPM's etc. This clunk I get is over bumps, once the car is heated up.

Looking for a way to spoon feed the fix to a dealer (once I find a local dealer I can trust).

Located in Kalamazoo Michigan, if you know a dealer let me know. Thanks.

I think I recall reading that the S-GTs have problems with some muffler hangers that cause a clearance problem when the pipes heat and therefore get longer.

One of the S-GT gurus will probably see your post and have a lot more for you on this than I do. Hang in there. ;-)

Dan

Archived