TEAM SHELBY FORUM

May i see your CS69's ?

I am inquiring into a set of CS69's

Im not quite sure whether to go with the hyper black or to go with the black.

My SGT is white and would love to see pics if anyone has any of their white Sgt with CS69's on it.

Any thoughts or advise helpful

Ryan

Just got off the phone with him. While he's at work tomorrow I will stop by his house, steal all his new parts paint the car and snap the pics then leave. He will never notice. Then I will go get my car from Tasca and put the parts on.

Meanwhile I am typing all this while doing 65 in Mass Pike traffic so I must stop.

Its done, i ordered the cs69's in black . after much thought and colorful drawing on Rogers car (thanks Roger) i realize black is a neutral color and i like how each spoke stands out.

So i may be the only white SGT with CS69 wheels in black, but i think it will look T#TS !!

Just because my car is white doesnt mean i want my wheels white, just because my stripes are silver doesnt mean i need my wheels silver. Just because my wheel well is black......... OH wait ..........

it just might match!!! Hey !! I needed a wheel that would stand out from the rest of the wheels and and scream look at me!! I will post pics as soon as they get here and are on.

Time to make some believers. :drool::shift: :happy feet:

Its done, i ordered the cs69's in black . after much thought and colorful drawing on Rogers car (thanks Roger) i realize black is a neutral color and i like how each spoke stands out.

So i may be the only white SGT with CS69 wheels in black, but i think it will look T#TS !!

Just because my car is white doesnt mean i want my wheels white, just because my stripes are silver doesnt mean i need my wheels silver. Just because my wheel well is black......... OH wait ..........

it just might match!!! Hey !! I needed a wheel that would stand out from the rest of the wheels and and scream look at me!! I will post pics as soon as they get here and are on.

Time to make some believers. :drool::shift: :happy feet:

Ryan,

I think it will look great. Did you order 20's or 18's? Now let's get you a set of Yellow stripes for your front fender.

Roger :)

I really gave the black CS69s lots of thought when I bought my hyperblack ones. I thought that the spokes would stand out much better also. Well as luck would have it, when Shelby sent my hyperblack wheels, they sent one of them black as a mistake. This gave me the opportunity to compare it, in person, against my SGT. I wound up choosing the hyperblack because of that. It was real close but I think that you will be really happy with the black ones and it will also be unique since a few of us have opted for the hyperblack. Please post picts when you get them since I will be very curious to see how they look as a full mounted set on a white SGT.

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement , i am looking forward to wrapping them in my new Nitto

555's 255/35/20 on the front and 275/35/20 on the rear i aslo went staggered 9" on the front and 10" on the rear.

Question? ... Does the stock lug nuts work for this wheel? Or must i buy some new ones. if so what size?

I know as far as the Shelby Razor , those wont work with the stock lugs.

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement , i am looking forward to wrapping them in my new Nitto

555's 255/35/20 on the front and 275/35/20 on the rear i aslo went staggered 9" on the front and 10" on the rear.

Question? ... Does the stock lug nuts work for this wheel? Or must i buy some new ones. if so what size?

I know as far as the Shelby Razor , those wont work with the stock lugs.

Stock lug nuts work fine, just do not forget the wheel lock key (if you have them) at the garage like I did. Thankfully I noticed a couple weeks later and they still had it.

The guy who is doing my SC install and any of my other work told me that I shouldn't tighten my lug nuts more than 75 to 80 ftlbs. He said that it can cause issues with the rotors if you let the wheel installers tighten them to 100 ftlbs. He always runs the magnesium and aluminum wheels that he installs on the Cobras this way and runs his cars at Sebring this way. I checked mine after finding this out and mine were torqued to 110 ftlbs from the shop that I had install my wheels. I backed them down to 80 ftlbs and check them every other week. Anyone else heard this info?

Archived