TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Two Questions

First, and probably a dumb question... Why do the tires on my 08 SGT have red dots painted on the sidewall? Balancing marks? I kind of like them for some reason, but they're wearing off.

Second: I'm considering tinting my windows. I saw a tinted GT500 (black/alloy) which had the stripes carried through the back window with contrasting dark/reflective tint tones. Not blingy. Subtle, but very noticeable. Local tint company wants an extra $75 to do it with the stripes. Worth it, or silly looking? Thanks.

First, and probably a dumb question... Why do the tires on my 08 SGT have red dots painted on the sidewall? Balancing marks? I kind of like them for some reason, but they're wearing off.

Second: I'm considering tinting my windows. I saw a tinted GT500 (black/alloy) which had the stripes carried through the back window with contrasting dark/reflective tint tones. Not blingy. Subtle, but very noticeable. Local tint company wants an extra $75 to do it with the stripes. Worth it, or silly looking? Thanks.

The red as I understand it helps line up the tire and rim with regards to best weight distribution.... not sure, but thought I read that, and it will wear off, nothing you can do about that. The second no one here can answer, personal choice, if you like it, it is worth the $75 bucks... for every guy/gay who likes it, there will be one who hates it! Good luck on both.

First, and probably a dumb question... Why do the tires on my 08 SGT have red dots painted on the sidewall? Balancing marks? I kind of like them for some reason, but they're wearing off. Thanks.

Fast identification of speed rating for the production line. The '03-'04 Marauders had red dots too, and they came with the same tire on the front that the SGT wears on all four corners. 235/50-18 BFG KDWS.

Archived