TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Billet Hood pin kit

I've recently noticed some small dark spots in my hood cover plates and when you look at them they are like little dents in the material and they are dark and won't polish out. I couldn't understand how this was even possible they certainly don't take any abuse. The conclusion I've come to is that the plates are not aluminum they are a cheap material lightly clad in aluminum and they are coming apart. Has anyone else noticed this?

There aluminum Mac. Tried the magnet trick. I am having the same issue and I checked Adam's car also he has it. It seems to be in the valley where the pin rides in the parked position. Alumimum to aluminum contact. I suspect wear but the black is confusing me. Could it be anodizing wearing off of the finish? :shrug:

Roger

There aluminum Mac. Tried the magnet trick. I am having the same issue and I checked Adam's car also he has it. It seems to be in the valley where the pin rides in the parked position. Alumimum to aluminum contact. I suspect wear but the black is confusing me. Could it be anodizing wearing off of the finish? :shrug:

Roger

If you have ever handled mill finish uncoated aluminum it makes your hands all dirty and black. I wonder if what you guys are seeing is from the inside of the whole being unfished or as you said the plating inside budding off. Try usinf some denatured alchohol and wiping it down and see if it is gone. It will likely come back though.

Archived