TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lee Holman's letter to the editor in Hot Rod magazine

MMcGuirk

Holman Moody et al and Carroll Shelby et al have elevated our cars, new and old to heights the manufacturer's could or would not. They both deserve praise for that if nothing else.

And, I am going to go out on a limb here, and say this. "Most people don't give a crap whether or not a few hacks don't like either one of them. They did something that these hacks will never do. Because of that, they continue to hack and try to bring down people to own level because the hacks can't reach higher.

We can make honest complaints on this site and I believe SAI is happy to get them. They're far from perfect and they know it. But I think they do make a real effort.

So good on Carroll Shelby and good on Holman and Moody and good on Jack Roush. Good on Coldy too and everyone else who likes our cars."

I get real tired of the hackers. When they aren't hacking Carroll and SAI, they're hacking our cars or what we paid for them. If they don't have it, then it must be a piece of crap.

Ban the habitual hacks. Hack 'em hard too.

Sorry, I get carried away. But I really get tired of the trolls and hacks.

Anytime, the 'Super Stars' in any area of interest are

:soapbox: discussed or debated,

it is a lively' discussion. :slapfight: We all have our preferences, and

from our perspective, :talkhand: for all the right reasons. That said, Bottom Line, We are

here on this sight because of Carroll Shelby, and the automobiles and collectibles, that

bear his name. Carroll Shelby and his Team, have historically produced and continue to

produce, automobiles on the cutting edge of styling, high horse power, race tuned

suspensions, and that, WOW, :cheerleader: that is special to a Shelby. When you get

behind the wheel :shades: of a Shelby Automobile', you know your surrounded by

50+ years of winning racing, cutting edge design and performance and always,

that 'Shelby Touch". Carroll has partnered with many other Legends, in the racing

and high Performance Automotive field. In my opinion I would say, that they learned

a few things from each other. However Carroll's drive, racing expertise and car design

creative ideas and automotive skill, combined with his personality and ability to attract

and assemble, 'The Shelby Team" is his great Gift. AS far as my own preference,

I'll pick a 'Shelby", I craved the now Vintage Shelby's, of my teen years,

and I still feel the same way about the new Shelby's of today.

New or Vintage , a Shelby ' is a great Ride.

:shift:

Holman Moody et al and Carroll Shelby et al have elevated our cars, new and old to heights the manufacturer's could or would not. They both deserve praise for that if nothing else.

And, I am going to go out on a limb here, and say this. "Most people don't give a crap whether or not a few hacks don't like either one of them. They did something that these hacks will never do. Because of that, they continue to hack and try to bring down people to own level because the hacks can't reach higher.

We can make honest complaints on this site and I believe SAI is happy to get them. They're far from perfect and they know it. But I think they do make a real effort.

So good on Carroll Shelby and good on Holman and Moody and good on Jack Roush. Good on Coldy too and everyone else who likes our cars."

I get real tired of the hackers. When they aren't hacking Carroll and SAI, they're hacking our cars or what we paid for them. If they don't have it, then it must be a piece of crap.

Thanks for the compliment, but I’m not even close to being in the same league as these great American icons, even though I do have my own “emoticon” :cold:

Ewww...squirrel hack! Did you get out? :hysterical:

So Where is the article , would some one post it , so we can see for ourselves whether it is BS or not

Its not an Article. It is a "Letter to the Editor" by Lee Holan (the Son). It is in the latest issue of Hot Rod Magazine. The will be a 1969 Lime Green Metallic Nove Funny Car in Flames on the Cover. The letter does not say how old Lee was at the time he was back then.

David.

Archived