TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How to verify that i have the SGT Tune?

Members,

I am maybe too rational, but is there a way to verify that i have the FR1 POWER UPGRADE PACK Tune on my SGT? I know it should be there but i need to see it from my own eyes.

Is there a way to hook up a OBDII capable reader and read some codes to prove it?

How i can do that?

Thanks.

Members,

I am maybe too rational, but is there a way to verify that i have the FR1 POWER UPGRADE PACK Tune on my SGT? I know it should be there but i need to see it from my own eyes.

Is there a way to hook up a OBDII capable reader and read some codes to prove it?

How i can do that?

Thanks.

Does the car have the FRPP CAI installed? If so - and it runs well - you also have the tune. The S197's are very termpermental to changes in the incoming airflow. We installed just the CAI at my last place of employment and the car would barely run - until the tune was installed.

The car may have the FRPP CAI but what tells me that they changed the ECM program in the computer's car?

I know i probably have it but i need to know how to verify that.

Thanks.

How about going to a salvage yard, ask to purchase a 2007/2008 Mustang GT's CPU box under the hood & then you swap them out. Start the car & when the car doesn't run right at idle or blows up then you'll know.... :ohsnap:

I'm only kinding, I have never heard of such a request to verify someones tune/power pack, but I would take it to a dyno shop & see what the RWHP is & that should tell you. Somewhere around here their is an article that shows the SGT, Saleen & Roush cars being compared & they show dyno results of each including a stock GT's.

Good luck with your quest, I'll be watching to see what becomes of this request to verify :)

The car may have the FRPP CAI but what tells me that they changed the ECM program in the computer's car?

Thanks.

There is such a thing called a "catch code" which identifies the software program version number. It's a four digit alpha-numeric number, such as BMD0, CAN0, CAN1 (just a few from the '03-'04 Marauders I can recall). The sticker was inside the driver's door jamb on the A pillar. On my '08 Grand Marquis, it's KSM1, and the sticker is on the underside of the hood. On my '07 SGT, it's EVX1, and the sticker is on the PCM with a yellow "X" in paint just below it.

The question I cannot answer, is whether my EVX1 catch code is the original sticker from the Mustang GT production line, or, was it added when the FRP induction, 90mm MAF and appropriate tune was added to the car, because I don't know who/where installed the FRP bits. Could have been the production line at Flat Rock, or, could have been SAI. I can't answer.

Maybe others will chime in with their catch codes and we can track it down? I recall that it was a popular topic in the Marauder community and helped solve a few tuning issues for the early production runs.

Thanks.

Trust me - if it runs well, it has the tune. It would run like total crap without it :)

They dont change any of the barcodes or any other code on the ECU they mark it with a dot or an x or something close to that to show its been flashed

Nice sig pic! A little to the left, and you would have captured the PCM in the pic.

I don't have anything to add here, other than My SGT has a yellow "X" hand painted on it. If this is the "secret handshake", it works for me.

This brings about an interesting question, but I'll start another thread about that, rather that derail this thread.

Happy motoring, gents.

Yep, got the yellow "X" just beside the EVXI sticker.

This is good but i was wondering if we could also verify by plugging in a device in the OBDII port?

Please tell me (us) WHY your so hung up on this verification of the tune & what makes you think you don't have the correct tune?

Have you tried calling SAI for an answer to your question?

Open the hood and look for this tag. This will tell you that the tune was added and Shelby conformed to the EPA and CARB standards. this is added right AFTER the tune is added to the PCM.

Bud

label.jpg

Can those of us with an 07 get this sticker? We don't have it or the Ford Racing sticker that was used in the Hertz the absence of both has always worried me.

Can those of us with an 07 get this sticker? We don't have it or the Ford Racing sticker that was used in the Hertz the absence of both has always worried me.

+1

Jim

I could have sworn my 07 has that sticker, I'll check again and let you know.

Not that it matters if you still need one but I'm positive I've seen it under the hood...

Archived