TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone with a STOCK blower

Money

The 65mm is only 10mm larger than stock. Lethal's website indicates a possiblity of gaining 7-12HP. the cost is a little over $300. They also have the mono-blade 160mm that is 40mm over stock. It retails for over $600. I would imagine gains to be around 20HP and maybe 1/2-1 psi of boost. My mods are as follows:

CAI, 2.7 pulley, tensioner, AFCO h/e, intercooler res., dyno tune, NGK TR6 plugs and Maganflow axle-backs. I have no intentions of going to the TVS or whipple. I need some help deciding between the two Tb's. I would value your expert opinions on this subject.

The 65mm is only 10mm larger than stock. Lethal's website indicates a possiblity of gaining 7-12HP. the cost is a little over $300. They also have the mono-blade 160mm that is 40mm over stock. It retails for over $600. I would imagine gains to be around 20HP and maybe 1/2-1 psi of boost. My mods are as follows:

CAI, 2.7 pulley, tensioner, AFCO h/e, intercooler res., dyno tune, NGK TR6 plugs and Maganflow axle-backs. I have no intentions of going to the TVS or whipple. I need some help deciding between the two Tb's. I would value your expert opinions on this subject.

Dude - the mono TB is not just 40mm wider - it's a 160mm oval compared to two 60 or 65mm circles. There's a tremendous difference between when two circles open and one oval opens. The throttle response is remarkable. Do the lower pulley and upper pulley with it - and you'll have my numbers.

Personally I wouldn't go with the single blade tb. I had one on my lightning and although the throttle response was a little crisper, the power gain was not that much (I think 20hp is somewhat optimistic). Also, they are a pain to set up, in the idle position if you don't get it just right, as in closed to much, it results in a sticky pedal. Open to much and your tps will be sending out an off idle voltage. Not the best bang for the buck in my opinion. Hope this helps.

I have the 2.6pulley and the monoblade throttle body--I was actually the first to run this, had it even way before evo offered it. they ONLY reason to get it now is if you are going to upgrade in the future to a bigger blower where the inlet becomes a restriction. If you are not going to do that...well then dont get the throttle body. You are not going to see big gains from the monoblade and I guarantee you will be disappointed in the amount spent (600+300 for custom tune) for your percieved seat of the pants gains.

I should mention the 619rwhp was on a 90 degree and humid day. My boost dyno'd only up to 14psi. I regularly get up to 16psi when it's not so hot. So let's not be so quick to pooh-pooh the mono TB. I think it's getting better than 20hp. Though the real kick is - the instant throttle response. The TB with the lower pulley is astonishing. I now need more rubbber. I just sent off another set of Razors to get widened from 9" to 10.5 so I can get some 305s on the back.

I got the 160mm TB with my Evo Stage 4. I'm very satisfied. 606 rwhp on the stock s/c. I had a bit of an issue with the initial TB adjustment. It was pretty much all or nothing, which made driving through town a bit scary. Fred was able to tone down the throttle response so make it more driver friendly.

I got the 160mm TB with my Evo Stage 4. I'm very satisfied. 606 rwhp on the stock s/c. I had a bit of an issue with the initial TB adjustment. It was pretty much all or nothing, which made driving through town a bit scary. Fred was able to tone down the throttle response so make it more driver friendly.

Fred did the same for me. I have a 'tame' tune and an 'aggressive' tune. The 'tame' tune is better for around town, the 'agressive' more for the track. The 'tame' tune handles the throttle response better and it also finds idle better.

The thing I like to stress - Fred and Evo have had a great relationship with SVT since the GT500 inception. I like to think they know the fuels maps and drive by wire better than anyone. They have a tune file for virtually every kind of setup - because they've seen them all. And they do GT500s almost exclusively. I have the utmost trust and confidence in their work.

I would only swap out a t/b if it becomes a restriction (like with a bigger blower). Drivability issues ftl. You can dial them in inside out and they still won't drive like stock. My issue is you can dial them in but in doing so you loose a good deal of the benefit. Maybe the new "drive by wire" is a giant leap forward and eliminates these issues.

Archived