TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gear Knob?

You have two choices from Ford Racing: (1) 6 speed white shift knob with Ford Racing Logo and stainless steel handle. This is what comes with the KR. Part # M-7213-K. This fits the stock GT-500 shifter and the M-7210-B short throw shifter that comes on the KR's and SS's. Suggested retail is $195.00. (2) 6 speed black shift knob with Ford Racing Logo and black e-coated steel stick. Also fits the stock ford and ford racing short throw shifter. Part # M-7213-J with suggested retail of $149.95. My personal choice is the white ball w/ss handle. Sorry........no pics. :cry:

You have two choices from Ford Racing: (1) 6 speed white shift knob with Ford Racing Logo and stainless steel handle. This is what comes with the KR. Part # M-7213-K. This fits the stock GT-500 shifter and the M-7210-B short throw shifter that comes on the KR's and SS's. Suggested retail is $195.00. (2) 6 speed black shift knob with Ford Racing Logo and black e-coated steel stick. Also fits the stock ford and ford racing short throw shifter. Part # M-7213-J with suggested retail of $149.95. My personal choice is the white ball w/ss handle. Sorry........no pics. :cry:

Thanks for the info. I agree, white ball with stainless handle. Headed to my local ford dealer tomorrow to see about ordering.

Thanks for the suggestions guys - both the Ford parts and the GrabberPony ones look like good options.

I may see if I can get the GrabberPony guys to do a GT500 6-speed knob with the snake on the side but with GT500SS as the script below it. I don't think it would be too difficult?

They can put anything on it, just don't let the Shelby police know about it. :ninja:

I don't think you're breaking any law by putting the letters SS after GT500 :)

I would expect SAI to enforce their copyrights (as I would enforce them for my own business), were a company to (a) start offering my logo without permission or (B) customers were asking for copyrighted images to be produced on their behalf. Imho, there is nothing wrong with protecting your IPR but this company seems very respectful of that and quote, "Trade-Marked and Registered names (e.g. Hurst etc.) may not be available".

Anyway, we're straying off-topic ;) ...

I'm going to keep it nice and simple - 6-speed pattern on the top, GT500SS on one side and my CSM on the other.

Thanks for the heads-up guys, I'd seen that site ages ago and forgot about it! :beerchug:

I placed an order over a month ago for my Gear Knob from Grabber Pony with "Super Snake" on it under the snake logo.

They said it is on order !!! just waiting for it to be shipped.

I dont think Shelby would have a problem unless it states "shelby", i dont think super snake is copy protected.

I have a question on the GrabberPony shift knobs, is the base color of the ball white? I'm assuming that all their knobs are white and if you want a color they paint it that color?

Also, for those that have installed the GrabberPony knob with the metal adapter base, is the overall height about the same as the height of the stock knob?

Thanks,

Jay

Orf, I take it you have the alloy knob?

Are you happy with the finish? I was worried it may look too much like a bad 70's bowling ball in 'person' ;)

It is alloy. I like it. I don't think it looks like a bowling ball, but I'm not that difficult to please.

I have a question on the GrabberPony shift knobs, is the base color of the ball white? I'm assuming that all their knobs are white and if you want a color they paint it that color?

Also, for those that have installed the GrabberPony knob with the metal adapter base, is the overall height about the same as the height of the stock knob?

Thanks,

Jay

I believe the base color is whatever color you choose. It isn't painted, as far as I can tell.

The height is the same as the stock knob.

Archived