TEAM SHELBY FORUM

God, I love this car but.....

VNMOUS1

First it was delinquents chucking rocks of a bridge onto my hood on Day 10 of ownership. This morning, I stopped to get gas (imagine THAT, in a Shelby!). The Pay At Pump thingy wasn't working so I walked into the station to hand them my card. As I walked back to the car I noticed a small piece of rock stuck in the tread of my right front tire. Upon closer inspection it turned out to be a hex head machine screw! F**K!!!

It wasn't flat, so I drove it to a tire dealer and had them look at it. The puncture, of course, went all the way through PLUS (lucky me) it was about 1/2 too close to the sidewall to repair. It was almost on a "corner".

So, in the same vein of "hey, I'm lucky that rock hit my hood and not my windshield and killed me!".....I looked for a silver lining. I never go on the right side of the car at the gas station. The inop card reader caused me to see that side....and the screw head was right on top of the tire so it was visible. Yup, it coulda gone WAY wrong had I been taking on on-ramp at high speed.

Supposedly this stuff comes in 3's. I can't bring myself to say "what's next"?

Oh...and here's an odd one....I am dropping an associate off at their office after lunch today. They ask how many of these cars are around here (Chicago area), and I said "I don't know, probably 10-15 in the state so far". Those words no sooner came across my lips when I see a white coupe with blue stripes come to the same intersection and pass by me.

I need to go play the lottery.

:shift:

bj

First it was delinquents chucking rocks of a bridge onto my hood on Day 10 of ownership. This morning, I stopped to get gas (imagine THAT, in a Shelby!). The Pay At Pump thingy wasn't working so I walked into the station to hand them my card. As I walked back to the car I noticed a small piece of rock stuck in the tread of my right front tire. Upon closer inspection it turned out to be a hex head machine screw! F**K!!!

It wasn't flat, so I drove it to a tire dealer and had them look at it. The puncture, of course, went all the way through PLUS (lucky me) it was about 1/2 too close to the sidewall to repair. It was almost on a "corner".

So, in the same vein of "hey, I'm lucky that rock hit my hood and not my windshield and killed me!".....I looked for a silver lining. I never go on the right side of the car at the gas station. The inop card reader caused me to see that side....and the screw head was right on top of the tire so it was visible. Yup, it coulda gone WAY wrong had I been taking on on-ramp at high speed.

Supposedly this stuff comes in 3's. I can't bring myself to say "what's next"?

Oh...and here's an odd one....I am dropping an associate off at their office after lunch today. They ask how many of these cars are around here (Chicago area), and I said "I don't know, probably 10-15 in the state so far". Those words no sooner came across my lips when I see a white coupe with blue stripes come to the same intersection and pass by me.

I need to go play the lottery.

:shift:

bj

That's some funny :censored: . Your life sounds like mine. No damage to my Shelby, just that crap like that happens to me all the time.

I think you were sold a bill of goods at the tire store. Most any punture in a tire can be repaired and made as safe as the OEM tire. They scam people by saying it is illegal. too close to the sidewall etc. I'd call the store manager, ask for a copy of the statute. It does not exist.

Man...I know this is off topic...but I love your avitar :happy feet:

Me too...can someone help me get an Avatar like that :)

Sounds like not only should you be buying a lottery Ticket but getting a gaggle of that Avatar..cause thats the only thing that might bring you back from the brink..when the third one strikes...

At least its not like that poor b :censored: rd that got hit head on in...Screws and Rocks can be fixed...do you park under a tree by any chance?

Cheers

Requis

So who ended up paying for the tire? Tires are one of the very few things that are technically not covered by Ford (or any automaker). Besides, a screw in the tire is not exactly a "defect in materials or workmanship".

bj, if it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all. Here's a cartoon to cheer you up.

Dave

bj

post-3382-1158287047_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1158287047_thumb.jpg

...for what its worth, my local goodyear dealer said I could come by his shop and buy a road hazard policy from him for the goodyear tires that come with a new vehicle, as long as I did not take too long to do it after I bought the car. Sounds like it might be a good idea, since the shelby tires are fairly expensive.

...for what its worth, my local goodyear dealer said I could come by his shop and buy a road hazard policy from him for the goodyear tires that come with a new vehicle, as long as I did not take too long to do it after I bought the car. Sounds like it might be a good idea, since the shelby tires are fairly expensive.

How much are they?

How much are they?

How much are they?

its been a while since I looked them up, but I kinda recall in the mid 200s from a discounter such as the tire rack. I would look it up now but I'm sitting in a motel room with a laptop that is so screwed up by a trojan program that none of my search engines work properly. I'm lucky just to have one of my browsers working. Damn those hackers and such. Will have to have the drive reformatted and reimaged when I get back tomorrow.

Anyway, go over to the tire rack web site and look it up, I think you will agree that some insurance is not a bad idea at all. Also, one of the two primary Ford extended warranty plans has a tire road hazard provision. Of course, the one I got on my wife's new freestyle was the other one, and I had to get two new tires in the first 6 months. What a pain, since no one in town stocked that type and size of tire.

Man...I know this is off topic...but I love your avitar :happy feet:

..google on animated avatars...you will find quite a few sites, several with adult directories. Just don't get offended when some nudity shows up. A lot of them will be just a little bit adult.

I think you were sold a bill of goods at the tire store. Most any punture in a tire can be repaired and made as safe as the OEM tire. They scam people by saying it is illegal. too close to the sidewall etc. I'd call the store manager, ask for a copy of the statute. It does not exist.

The store didn't say anything about legalities.

bj

Archived