TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Annoyed with Ford

SPRSNK

ok...they admit there is a problem with the transmissions. They don't know what it is and (at least this is what I was told), they won't fix it until the engineers figure out what the problem is exactly. So until they do, I get to grind my gears and deal with a hard to shift car. :censored:

Time to teach everyone I know how to drive a stick and really grind those gears down to nothing. :devil:

ok...they admit there is a problem with the transmissions. They don't know what it is and (at least this is what I was told), they won't fix it until the engineers figure out what the problem is exactly. So until they do, I get to grind my gears and deal with a hard to shift car. :censored:

Time to teach everyone I know how to drive a stick and really grind those gears down to nothing. :devil:

Id take out the Clutch and Rear End at the same time.......That would show em????????? :hysterical:

it has a 5 year/60,000 mile drivetrain warranty, so drive it until it breaks & then they'll know whats wrong

:shift: Ford is not doing well so a lot of heat has to be applied- keep good records and have answers in writing- check consumer laws in your area- talk to someone in the uppy up at the dealer owner if possibe and get his name and call ford direct and write a letter- keep the heat on these idiots- your the customer- some dealers are great and some pass the buck because they have a bad record with ford on warranty issues and some abuse them so ford is tougher on some than others- also ask for and find the tech notes on your car that the tech has when he pulls up your car- the transmission is mentioned- Id be camped on their doorstep until I got an answer- pissed to say the least! rs

Humm did not ever see an admission, just that some of the 07's (Grabbers) had some issues, but those were well known and fixed. Are there other trans issues, and on 08's?

Yup, me.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29720

My replacement parts are in, Galpin has them whenever I can find the time to go down and do the swap. The shifting has become extremely hard, and the shifter catches on all the gates, making me ram it into place every time I shift, 5th is especially problematic, and 3rd sometimes almost feels as though the gate is completely blocked, and I have to mess with it to get it into place....it was not like this when I first had the car. The clutch drag is becoming very pronounced now as well, and I can hear the syncros bumping. My carpool partner was asking me, "what the hell is that knocking noise?" when shifting during regular traffic on the freeway, not even getting on it a little bit. Ugh :(

I've never had a single problem with my 07 Power Train Drive Train. Then again I do drive mine, (22,000 miles 12.5 months) it don't sit in the garage or a trailer. The only warranty Issue has been the rear bumper cover yellowed. Ford paid the body shop of my choice to have it Repainted and Blended. I think newer cars and trucks have to be driven. I have a06 Superduty I didn't drive it much because I also have a 01 and 05 superduty. I had problems with as long as I didn't drive much. I try to drive it every day now and no problems. The 05 is a work truck and it has been driven almost every day sense new and I have had no problems with it. When Ford test these cars and trucks they test them for useage, not for sitting in a garage somewhere.

I should be going to pickup the car today. Had them replace my coil cover under warranty for the bubbling in the paint. I'm going to get the service guy to print out the crap about the transmission.

SPRSNK- I have a ton of information for you. PM me if you need some advise from somone that has been through three tranny's, three clutches and three flywheels. My car has had every major problem you can imagine. I was forced to file a Lemon Law--Law suit this week. Hope everything works out for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Yup, me.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29720

My replacement parts are in, Galpin has them whenever I can find the time to go down and do the swap. The shifting has become extremely hard, and the shifter catches on all the gates, making me ram it into place every time I shift, 5th is especially problematic, and 3rd sometimes almost feels as though the gate is completely blocked, and I have to mess with it to get it into place....it was not like this when I first had the car. The clutch drag is becoming very pronounced now as well, and I can hear the syncros bumping. My carpool partner was asking me, "what the hell is that knocking noise?" when shifting during regular traffic on the freeway, not even getting on it a little bit. Ugh :(

So...It's been 2 weeks since your parts have arrived. Are they installed yet ?

So...It's been 2 weeks since your parts have arrived. Are they installed yet ?

My car will never see a city street :cry: Only drive her once in awhile on country roads :baby: Decided that since she shifts beautifully, I will not to let a Dealership fix what isn't broke :stop: Plus I still have almost three years left on the warranty or to change my mind :peelout:

Archived