TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Speedometer Calibration

:banghead:

Does anybody have a clue how I can get my wife's 2007 SGT speedo calibrated to the original Shelby specs?

The car is a 5-speed Auto with the Shelby package (including 3:55 gears and 18" wheels). No mods have been made.

We took delivery of the car in October from my normal (very reputable) dealer and they took care of some minor delivery problems (scratch, bad light, etc.).

However, on the highway we noticed that at 65 MPH (according to the speedo), we were definitely going slower than the flow of traffic (how embarassing).

I had my wife pace my truck (with an accurate speedo), while I set the truck's cruise control at 65 MPH and then 70 MPH. She was driving the Shelby and reported that the speedo was reading about 10 MPH higher than my truck.

We took the car to the dealer and had them check it. They replaced the speedo gauge. That didn't work.

We took it back and they checked it out and said it was within tolerance (I doubt if 10 MPH is within tolerance).

I called Shelby and talked to one of the technicians. He said that the problem is the Shelby program needs to be reloaded to the computer and can be downloaded by the dealer from Ford, because it is actually a Ford program.

I went back to the dealer and told them what Shelby said. I basically got a blank stare, was told the speedo in within tolerance, and that they'll contact Shelby to see about downloading the program.

I haven't heard from them since.

I surfed the web and found posting about a similar problem. The person posting said his speedo was 10 MPH off and he had his dealer get a tuner from Shelby (on loan) to recalibrate the speedo, and it worked.

I went to a competing Ford dealer (that I've had issues with in the past) and detailed all of the above information to the maintenance supervisor. He was very receptive and said that they should be able to fix the problem, provided they have some Shelby specific information. He said that he would have to re-program the computer, however, he would need all of the Shelby Programable Parameters to make sure they didn't screw up any of the initial settings (other than changing the speedo).

He advised that, in the past, they had problems with adjustments on Rousch, Saleen, and Steeda cars without having the initial program information. He also hasn't heard of a Shelby specific computer program from Ford or the "Shelby tuner loan" program.

Can anybody provide information on how to resolve my problem? If somebody can provide better info on what the Ford program is and how my dealer can access it, the Shelby "tuner loan program", or what the Shelby Programmable Parameters are, I would appreciate it.

I live too far to drive to Vegas!

Thanks.

First off welcome to Team Shelby :happy feet: and enjoy your SHELBY

Have him run an OASIS on your VIN number. It will show a place on the screen that will say something about the car being modified and to call a 1800 phone number. I dont remember the number, but I know someone here does.

I too, have the tuner from Brenspeed, and love it. This will also fix the problem you are having. You can get one by calling Brent @ Brenspeed (574)594-9559 I think it was $379.

Dude dont spend any money!!! its a ford racing flash FR1 I believe just have them reinstall it but if you have changed circumference of the tires they will need the circumference to recal the speedo. but yeah just go thru the warranty program and have it done for free...

I'll get in touch with the Dealer and see if they have that available. I know they've been a SVO and Ford Racing dealer for years. I'm looking at my original window sticker and it shows the FR1 Upgrade includes "Pro-Cal Performance Calibration" (Duh!)

Thanks for the assist!

I'll get in touch with the Dealer and see if they have that available. I know they've been a SVO and Ford Racing dealer for years. I'm looking at my original window sticker and it shows the FR1 Upgrade includes "Pro-Cal Performance Calibration" (Duh!)

Thanks for the assist!

...Perhaps the car still thinks that it has 3:31 gears?

Archived