TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WTB: 86 GLHS

agvs24

Looking for a decent 86 GLHS that may need a bit of work. Midwest preferrably... Michigan a bonus.

Thanks!

Chris

Chris

Your best bet is to keep an eye out on ebay, Craigs list and other online car ads. I've seen several GLH cars on ebay lately from the MI area but that probably doesn't matter if you're after an 'S' car only.

Good luck on your search.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

There's one for sale in the Cleveland area, thats close to Michigan.

I know very little about, contact him, not me. I have spoke with the owner a few times over the past couple weeks. This is the last e-mail he sent me....

Mark,

I will take $6500 for the car and below is a quick summary of the vehicle.

Mechanically

Car runs better than great, it has the stage ii computer and harness installed. This was a typical upgrade that most GLHS owners did within the first six months of it being offered. The wipers work but the windshield washer fluid is not connected. Brand new battery from Walmart, nothing wrong with the old one..just wanted a new one in...so it starts everytime. Original Koni shocks that are adjustable, headlamps and electrical system is fine...the fog lamps work perfectly (made need minor adjusting towards the ground-I have them set a little higher) The horn may need to be replaced..turn signals, dome light, dashboard lights...even light underneath the original radio works!

Non-Mech

The windows work, the door handles work and the locks work...hood opens with no problem, the doors closes with no problem..the back hatch need the arms to keep it from slowly closing..trunk area clean...honestly..never looked at spare will check that tomorrow..body work that was done (I have the receipt) by Earl Shieb, lifetime paint job black with triple clear coat...didn't wet sand it out yet...that will put the mirror shine to it..there is some rust underneath...I've had the car looked at by two seperate frame experts before I bought it...no framework needed...rust around the left and right sides...car was sitting in grass for a year or so before I got it.

Interior

Back seats excellent condition...front seats are torn...headliner in perfect condition..seats tilt back, slide up and back and emergency brake works...radio works...speaker on the right side works...no speakers in the rear..

Nothing extra except the tint...as dark as possible on the back...about 11% on front (which you may want to remove) and the hatchback is black with a little boy kneeling before a cross..original stickers all the way around only a year old.

Regards,

David

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/785640866.html

Good luck in your search!

• 2 weeks later...
There's one for sale in the Cleveland area, thats close to Michigan.

I know very little about, contact him, not me. I have spoke with the owner a few times over the past couple weeks. This is the last e-mail he sent me....

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/785640866.html[/color]

Good luck in your search!

Mark, thanks for the post. Lets hope this S car finds a good home.

Steve

Archived