TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I can't believe I'm even asking this

drlovegun

Ok, I'm seriously considering selling one of my toys. The choice is between my 2007 GT500, all mods and info is in my signature. I'm thinking I can get around 40K for it with only 4500 miles on it.

The other option is my 1965 "A" Code Mustang Fastback. The fastback has a 347 stroker and a 4 speed tranny, and is a blast to drive.

Gas is going up, and worse than that, heating oil is going to break me this year so something has to go.

The Shelby would free up the car payment each month, the Fastback would give me a chunk of cash since I don't owe on it.

I don't want to sell either, but I don't think I have much of a choice now.

Any opinions?

Ok, I'm seriously considering selling one of my toys. The choice is between my 2007 GT500, all mods and info is in my signature. I'm thinking I can get around 40K for it with only 4500 miles on it.

The other option is my 1965 "A" Code Mustang Fastback. The fastback has a 347 stroker and a 4 speed tranny, and is a blast to drive.

Gas is going up, and worse than that, heating oil is going to break me this year so something has to go.

The Shelby would free up the car payment each month, the Fastback would give me a chunk of cash since I don't owe on it.

Any opinions?

Before you sell any of your cars READ THIS BOOK!!!!, The Total Money Makeover, by Dave Ramsey. This book will change your life financially, I guarantee it, if you follow his steps. He has a web site Daveramsey.com buy the book from there, it the cheapest. Otherwise get it from the library. I got it from the library first. It was so good that I bought it and went through his class called " Financial Peace University". No, I have no affiliation with Dave or his products, just trying to helpl out.

Hummmmm ok. But I doubt his book can change the stock market, fuel prices, or anything else. Money management is not a science, it just takes dedication and time. Several members here can attest to that! But good luck, and if you are going to sell, do it quick!

Any opinions?

Sorry to hear that guys...... hold off a bit things might change.... For the better that is. :shrug:

Before you sell any of your cars READ THIS BOOK!!!!, The Total Money Makeover, by Dave Ramsey. This book will change your life financially, I guarantee it, if you follow his steps. He has a web site Daveramsey.com buy the book from there, it the cheapest. Otherwise get it from the library. I got it from the library first. It was so good that I bought it and went through his class called " Financial Peace University". No, I have no affiliation with Dave or his products, just trying to helpl out.

Thanks for the advice there, I'll check out the book. Not gonna help a lot right now, but you can never learn to much for later right?

Heating oil is gonna run me about $5500 this year which is about a 100% jump from last year. It's not like I want to sell one of the cars, and I'm not sitting here bitching about it if anyone had that impression. Facts are facts and I have to provide for the family first.

Hell maybe I'll sell both of em and fix up my Ranchero. :cry:

Any opinions?

I have been posting my gt500 on autotrader.com for months. i got calls and i advised them to go away and find 2009 ...lol.

I priced it so it will be next to impossible to sell. The car is paid for and i have the title....but the gas price is having a toll on my budget and i hear your concern......If a war breaks out in the gulf area (middle east) then 7/8 $ a gallon will be very optimistic...i hope it will remain showdown and it will be a peaceful dismantling of the nuclear program of Iran like what happened in Libya and Korea and not to escalate to a war, so economy will recover and things will turn around to the best.

Sell thein GT500 fast.......you will always be able to buy one 2009 or 2010 if things improve then,,,,,,,,but, I fear things will get worse before we see an improvement AND this is an election year! Just my .02.

I've cut back on driving, my wife is my prized possession, and I've got wood. :ohsnap:

Does your wife know about your "wood"?

Had to ask :hysterical:

Well sorry to hear that so many of you are in this position. I had to sell my GT500 back in March and miss her daily but even if you have to sell it, you'll still be a member of a great group here and the time will come once again to pick one back up.

I am going to try to be back in the saddle in two years if possible and I am working hard on it now.

CB

Since you'll likely get more of your investment back from a serious buyer by de-modding and returning the car to stock... I'd like your suspension components and exhaust if you do decide to de-mod it.

DIBS! And sorry to hear about the situation, this economy really sucks, and its a shame to see anyone let such a beauty go.

Sell the house and move to Texas. Bring the cars and the wife and enjoy all of them year round. The economy has never been much better than it is right now. My company has over 400 open positions we cannot fill right now and climbing....others are in similar situation. Educated and hard working folks find work here.

And my AC/electric bill was not anywhere close to $5500 this summer for a fairly large home.

Well sorry to hear that so many of you are in this position. I had to sell my GT500 back in March and miss her daily but even if you have to sell it, you'll still be a member of a great group here and the time will come once again to pick one back up.

I am going to try to be back in the saddle in two years if possible and I am working hard on it now.

CB

I'm just hoping drlovegun doesn't have to sell either Mustang and that you Cobra Boy can get another GT500 soon!

CC

Thanks for the advice there, I'll check out the book. Not gonna help a lot right now, but you can never learn to much for later right?

Heating oil is gonna run me about $5500 this year which is about a 100% jump from last year. It's not like I want to sell one of the cars, and I'm not sitting here bitching about it if anyone had that impression. Facts are facts and I have to provide for the family first.

Hell maybe I'll sell both of em and fix up my Ranchero. :cry:

Thats what I pay here for electric on 3,000 home all year long. And yes I am keeping my home warmer. Why not install a wood stove or efficent montor heating in basement and lower the t-stat?

:shift::shift:

Sell the house and move to Texas. Bring the cars and the wife and enjoy all of them year round. The economy has never been much better than it is right now. My company has over 400 open positions we cannot fill right now and climbing....others are in similar situation. Educated and hard working folks find work here.

And my AC/electric bill was not anywhere close to $5500 this summer for a fairly large home.

theres an old saying if you owned texas and hell which would you sell first- texas of course- Houses are cheper taxes are awful and the heat and humidity suck. Good last choice- My daughter lives near Dallas and believe me it might have a job market but little or nothing else- Also you do not have to be educated to work in texas in fact you can be nuts and still work in texas- bad choice.

:shift::shift: theres an old saying if you owned texas and hell which would you sell first- texas of course- Houses are cheper taxes are awful and the heat and humidity suck. Good last choice- My daughter lives near Dallas and believe me it might have a job market but little or nothing else- Also you do not have to be educated to work in texas in fact you can be nuts and still work in texas- bad choice.

Yeah, but Texan's sure love it! Besides, if they sold Texas where would all the nuts and cult members go? :D

GT500's are bringing about mid to low 30's right now.Absolutely horrible time to sell.I wish you the best of luck whatever you must do.Family first,Without them all else is useless.

Ditto on that. Although the $600 electric bill made my jaw drop........but then the A/C went out (no longer the original builder piece of doo doo, but one that is actually efficient), so we'll see how much that drops the bill. But yeah, I can't believe how much growth is still going on.

:shift::shift: theres an old saying if you owned texas and hell which would you sell first- texas of course- Houses are cheper taxes are awful and the heat and humidity suck. Good last choice- My daughter lives near Dallas and believe me it might have a job market but little or nothing else- Also you do not have to be educated to work in texas in fact you can be nuts and still work in texas- bad choice.

A little bit of a generalization.........but some of us are educated (of course, I didn't grow up or go to school in Texas). I do agree that there are a greater than average share of underqualifieds here, but heck, the jobs are here, so how dumb can they really be??

Archived