TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has anyone supercharged a Hertz car yet?

philip 87

You know, we did one of the automatics and although I didn't think it would be any different, it was amazing, I drove it from LA to Vegas Monda night and it was fun, fast and had the SC whine that is just so cool

Amy

You know, we did one of the automatics and although I didn't think it would be any different, it was amazing, I drove it from LA to Vegas Monda night and it was fun, fast and had the SC whine that is just so cool

Amy

Which S/C did the automatic get? Still can't decide whether to put the KB on the Auto or the 5-speed.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
I actually don´t know. I think it is the 500 as I don´t think the 550 hp version was on the market at that time.

Anders

Anders, post more pictures when you get a chance. I am going to call Dennis and ask questions related to your S/C upgrade. Tasca is a long way fron CAlifornia, however, maybe SAI can do a similar mod. I will have to discuss the Bud once I speak with Dennis. By the way do you have his email or phone #?

However, I am concerned about drive line , exhaust etc when the motor is lowered 3/4 of an inch. Then again it may be a none issue.

I am either going with a Paxton if they can get their CARB cert of the FRPP 400 hp Whipple non-intercoolded for now. It will be contingent on not cutting the hood or losing the strut brace.

I contacted Dennis at Tasca regarding the S/C set-up for the GT-H

He stated they have a K-member lowering kit which includes billet spacers for the K-member and radiotor support. They also install a modified billet engine mount. Ford Racing is coming out with a 475 hp kit that they installed on two automatics and he said it is great. He said no need to modify the hood or strut brace.

He also stated no vibration issue with this set up as someone mentioned in some previous thread. To that end, I wonder if SAI can do a similar set-up. I will contact Bud. Not sure what it would cost to send a car to Tasca from CA.

This really sounds like this could be the set-up.

I contacted Dennis at Tasca regarding the S/C set-up for the GT-H

He stated they have a K-member lowering kit which includes billet spacers for the K-member and radiotor support. They also install a modified billet engine mount. Ford Racing is coming out with a 475 hp kit that they installed on two automatics and he said it is great. He said no need to modify the hood or strut brace.

He also stated no vibration issue with this set up as someone mentioned in some previous thread. To that end, I wonder if SAI can do a similar set-up. I will contact Bud. Not sure what it would cost to send a car to Tasca from CA.

This really sounds like this could be the set-up.

This did not generate generate much discussion on the SGT mod site. For what it is worth, I contacted Bud at SAI. He stated they do not do this. Issues may be with drive line etc. They may do this when they become a full blown mod shop. He did say they cut the hood and it looks profesional.

Paxton still noy CARB so SAI will not install. May be a year down the road.

Who knows what I will do! :banghead: Maybe stock is the best and simplest or a Bahma Race tune.

This did not generate generate much discussion on the SGT mod site. For what it is worth, I contacted Bud at SAI. He stated they do not do this. Issues may be with drive line etc. They may do this when they become a full blown mod shop. He did say they cut the hood and it looks profesional.

Paxton still noy CARB so SAI will not install. May be a year down the road.

Who knows what I will do! :banghead: Maybe stock is the best and simplest or a Bahma Race tune.

I´ll let you all know how my car behaves when it arrives in Copenhagen. I must say that I´m pretty confident that the modification done by Tasca will work. My brother just visited Tasca for a week, and from what he has told me, the Tasca mod shop and the people in charge of the Shelby modifications seems to be very skilled and dedicated to building top class cars.

The GT-H is the 4th car they build for me, and I have nothing but positive to say.

Go SC that car - you will never regret it, as it makes the car a completely different beast! One of the cars they built for me was a 400 hp whipple and should you go that route, that is a very impressive package also. Made 358 rwhp.

Later

Anders

Hopefully, Anders will give us some feedback. I am a bit bummed I found out about Anders solution a week AFTER I put my Whipple on the convertible!!

While I have not heard a lot about lowering Mustang motors, it is very common on Jeeps to lower the trans mount and raise the motor mounts to help with driveshaft angles and body lifts. One of my Jeeps had a 1" motor lift. If it is done right, there are no issues. I would think Tasca has looked into this throughly. One idea might be to get the spacers and motor mounts from Tasca and have a reputable shop near your home install them and THEN send your GT-H to SAI for the supercharger install. Also, I highly recommend the Whipple. The power increase is fantastic and the supercharger whine is music!!

Hopefully, Anders will give us some feedback. I am a bit bummed I found out about Anders solution a week AFTER I put my Whipple on the convertible!!

While I have not heard a lot about lowering Mustang motors, it is very common on Jeeps to lower the trans mount and raise the motor mounts to help with driveshaft angles and body lifts. One of my Jeeps had a 1" motor lift. If it is done right, there are no issues. I would think Tasca has looked into this throughly. One idea might be to get the spacers and motor mounts from Tasca and have a reputable shop near your home install them and THEN send your GT-H to SAI for the supercharger install. Also, I highly recommend the Whipple. The power increase is fantastic and the supercharger whine is music!!

I am sure that Tasca did a great job. They are very reputable. I wish they were closer to the west side so I could visit.

• 2 months later...

I´ve only put a little over 100 miles on my car since I got it, but so far I have nothing but positive to say about fit, finish and quality of the whipple install. The car is wicked fast and there is no vibrations other than what is created by the Nittos trying to hang on the the road :dance:

49044_jubitræf2009_045.jpg

I´ve only put a little over 100 miles on my car since I got it, but so far I have nothing but positive to say about fit, finish and quality of the whipple install. The car is wicked fast and there is no vibrations other than what is created by the Nittos trying to hang on the the road :dance:

49044_jubitræf2009_045.jpg

Is that the stock strut brace?

Not sure, but I think it is a modified Tasca piece.

I think you are correct becouse my stocker does not have the trnsition at the ends like your. Still looks good. To that end, No cutting on the hood for the pulley?

• 3 weeks later...

Tispco

I am still waffling on my SC decission. After reviewing ALL the SC threads, you have an idea I forgot about reading. I plan on talking with Tasca about the parts to do the lowering and see what I can come up with localy to do the job. If thi is something that is solid, I may do this and then schedule the install of the SC at SAI... I do like Anders install. Be interesting to see the underside of his GTH.

• 1 month later...

Archived