TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has anyone had their car drop shipped to another dealer?

06ragtopGT

Im in SC and just placed an order with a dealership up North. I asked if the car could be dropped down here at a local dealership. He told me to call the local guy and get their dealer code and he thinks it could be done (says very common for fleet vehicles). That would be nice. Any ideas?

I think drop shipping is when during the shipment of car it is dropped off of transport.

Actually if you are buying it from one dealer and want it shipped to another both dealers need to agree in this. Its called a courtesy delivery

1. Car ordered from first dealer agrees to drop ship called a courtesy delivery

2. car shipped "to" dealer agree's to deliver car to you as a courtesy.

3. most dealers will have a minimal charge to do this anywhere from 100.00 up to 500.00

this is something you will normally have to pay for

4. ordering dealer at time of order inputs the courtesy dealers dealer code.

5. order complete will show ordering dealer and dealer car is being sent to

6. car comes in at dealer you pick up already paid for car and he/they do the delivery

before someone gripes about an additional charge remember it takes a fair amount of time to deliver car

delivering dealer must do a delivery check sheet that is sent back to ford

I would like to do the same thing but my selling dealer is not wanting to do it. In fact they wish to receive the car and have me provide my own shipper to get the vehicle sent to me.

Thats because they want the prestige of delivering a shelby!

Are you paying over MSRP? If not I would not blame the dealer for not wanting to do a courtesy delivery

If he is charging you over MSRP you should have the right to pick dealer but actually do not.

Thats why its called a courtesy delivery. Most dealers would be glad to do a delivery for another dealer but quite a few want someone else to deliver it for them

Even if you have to pay some for the courtesy delivery its much cheaper than having another shipper deliver it to you. More chance of damage to your vehicle

I think drop shipping is when during the shipment of car it is dropped off of transport.

Actually if you are buying it from one dealer and want it shipped to another both dealers need to agree in this. Its called a courtesy delivery

1. Car ordered from first dealer agrees to drop ship called a courtesy delivery

2. car shipped "to" dealer agree's to deliver car to you as a courtesy.

3. most dealers will have a minimal charge to do this anywhere from 100.00 up to 500.00

this is something you will normally have to pay for

4. ordering dealer at time of order inputs the courtesy dealers dealer code.

5. order complete will show ordering dealer and dealer car is being sent to

6. car comes in at dealer you pick up already paid for car and he/they do the delivery

before someone gripes about an additional charge remember it takes a fair amount of time to deliver car

delivering dealer must do a delivery check sheet that is sent back to ford

Thats because they want the prestige of delivering a shelby!

Are you paying over MSRP? If not I would not blame the dealer for not wanting to do a courtesy delivery

If he is charging you over MSRP you should have the right to pick dealer but actually do not.

Thats why its called a courtesy delivery. Most dealers would be glad to do a delivery for another dealer but quite a few want someone else to deliver it for them

Even if you have to pay some for the courtesy delivery its much cheaper than having another shipper deliver it to you. More chance of damage to your vehicle

At the moment, my deal is still for MSRP

the selling dealer is the one who does not want to do this although I have a dealer close to me willing to receive the car and deliver.

Thanks for input. The selling dealer doesnt seem to concerned about the prestige thing. I was just hoping (for a fee of course) to have the car come in directly off the truck (not unloaded up north and then reloaded onto another truck) and dropped here. I have a call into the local dealership owner to see if he minds. Is it a pain for him in anyway? He will get the prestige and I'll service the car there.

I'm just so afraid of my car showing up seven states away and I cant get free for a few days to go get it and I get there and the odo reads 121 miles on it. :doh: I'd be pissed :rant:

Thanks for input. The selling dealer doesnt seem to concerned about the prestige thing. I was just hoping (for a fee of course) to have the car come in directly off the truck (not unloaded up north and then reloaded onto another truck) and dropped here. I have a call into the local dealership owner to see if he minds. Is it a pain for him in anyway? He will get the prestige and I'll service the car there.

I'm just so afraid of my car showing up seven states away and I cant get free for a few days to go get it and I get there and the odo reads 121 miles on it. :doh: I'd be pissed :rant:

Where are you getting it from???

At the moment, my deal is still for MSRP

the selling dealer is the one who does not want to do this although I have a dealer close to me willing to receive the car and deliver.

MSRP....you must have made a deal with the devil.... :happy feet:

Im in SC and just placed an order with a dealership up North. I asked if the car could be dropped down here at a local dealership. He told me to call the local guy and get their dealer code and he thinks it could be done (says very common for fleet vehicles). That would be nice. Any ideas?

If there a half decent dealer they should be able drop ship it to dealer close to you, but there willbe a charge for this. Talk to your dealer`s manager. Good Luck

If there a half decent dealer they should be able drop ship it to dealer close to you, but there willbe a charge for this. Talk to your dealer`s manager. Good Luck

I think your dealer is probably pissed because they are missing out on ADM. I was trying to get my dealer to do a courtesy delivery and they refused. I also have a local dealer that has agreed to accept delivery (for a fee that I am happy to pay) and my deal is a clean deal (i.e. no financing through my dealer, no trade in, etc).

Also from what I understand on a courtesy delivery the receiving dealer code must be put on the order before the VIN is assigned. From my discussions with other sales managers this takes no real effort (less than 5 minutes). My dealer stated that he did not want to do the delivery because he did not want to take the time and it was not negotiated as part of the deal. It does not surprise me though because I do not have a good relationship with the dealer or sales manager.

The owner also told me he would not accept a bank draft but instead wanted the money wired to them. I am trying to be understanding about this but that seems like an abnormal request. Can any other sales managers verify or have suggestions on alternatives? I need something becuase the bank I am getting financing from will not wire transfer the money.

Thanks for the info. My local Dealer (Owner) should not be sour (maybe glad) I've bugged the heck out of him for a car but his fleet buyers came first. 1st ones gone 10k over, 2nd ordered, 3rd well its claimed too and thats a rap for the 07's. Ive been out of town so I havent talked to the mngr yet (will Monday) Sounds like I need his dealer code before my order gets pulled to make this happen. I'll give an update.

Archived