TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TRIPLE GAUGE PILLAR

I WAS LOOKING INTO INSTALLING THE TRIPLE GAUGE CLUSTER THAT SAI OFFERS FOR THE CENTER DASH AREA ON THE SGT. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS THIS ITEM INSTALLED ON

THEIR SGT AND IS SATISFIED WITH IT. DO THE GAUGES LIGHT UP BOTH DURING THE DAY AND NIGHT

LIKE THE STOCK TACH AND SPEEDOMETER? ALSO IT LOOKS JUST FROM THE PICTURES THAT THE POD

THAT HOLDS THE GAUGES WOULD RATTLE WHILE DRIVING. ANYONE ENCOUNTER ANY PROBLEMS WITH

THIS? THANK YOU.

First...Turn off your caps lock. Folks will think you are shouting at them.

Next...I know the alure of gauges in the cockpit is strong, but there's another way to do this. This is what I use.

http://www.scangauge.com/

It's mounted in the center of my dash and is very readable from behind the wheel. It's got all the colors you could imagine, and it's very visible in day light.

It reads the data from the OBDII port instantly, which is the same 411 from vehicle sensors that the EEC uses to make decisions about your performance on the fly.

IMHO, manual/electric gauges are slow and (in my experience) inaccurate. Why not think the way the EEC thinks?

post-10715-1216165595.jpg

post-10715-1216165595.jpg

I WAS LOOKING INTO INSTALLING THE TRIPLE GAUGE CLUSTER THAT SAI OFFERS FOR THE CENTER DASH AREA ON THE SGT. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS THIS ITEM INSTALLED ON

THEIR SGT AND IS SATISFIED WITH IT. DO THE GAUGES LIGHT UP BOTH DURING THE DAY AND NIGHT

LIKE THE STOCK TACH AND SPEEDOMETER? ALSO IT LOOKS JUST FROM THE PICTURES THAT THE POD

THAT HOLDS THE GAUGES WOULD RATTLE WHILE DRIVING. ANYONE ENCOUNTER ANY PROBLEMS WITH

THIS? THANK YOU.

I have the cluster with boost gauge, fuel pressure, and oil pressure. I am satisfied with it, it does light up and dim with stock conrols, doesn't change color like MYColor, doesn't rattle it is held down with two sided tape.

Only thing that is a minor nuisance is because of the angle you view the gauges at, you see a little bit of light spill around the gauge faces. If I had it to do again, I would replace (and may so in the future) the boost gauge with an oil temp gauge.

IMHO, manual/electric gauges are slow and (in my experience) inaccurate. Why not think the way the EEC thinks?

All true...but, THis looks cooler! :drool:

note*** the oil temperature gauge rarely lifts off the low peg. I think it has to do with the location of the tap.

GaugesnCSM.jpg

passengerside.jpg

My .02

Dan

All true...but, THis looks cooler! :drool:

note*** the oil temperature gauge rarely lifts off the low peg. I think it has to do with the location of the tap.

GaugesnCSM.jpg

passengerside.jpg

My .02

Dan

They do look cool! This is another mod I might do one day! Something that I can actually do myself even! I was wondering how hard it would be to swap out a gauge if I later added a super charger?

They do look cool! This is another mod I might do one day! Something that I can actually do myself even! I was wondering how hard it would be to swap out a gauge if I later added a super charger?

What gauge would you swap out? The oil temperature for a boost gauge? I wouldn't bother. The boost gauge stays on 0 most of the time unless you are pushing the engine a good bit. Then it only moves a fraction of the scale. At those times my focus is outside of the car. I will eventually change out the boost gauge for the oil temperature gauge. I think it is a better indication of the health of the engine and something you can scan when not accelerating from one corner to the braking zone of the next. Just my opinion.

As Shelbypilot stated, the only issue I have is light wash from the gauge pod at night and the clear color if you have the IUP.

Autometer does however make new colored LED bulbs that may match some comon IUP colors to unify the gauges.

Roger

What gauge would you swap out? The oil temperature for a boost gauge? I wouldn't bother. The boost gauge stays on 0 most of the time unless you are pushing the engine a good bit. Then it only moves a fraction of the scale. At those times my focus is outside of the car. I will eventually change out the boost gauge for the oil temperature gauge. I think it is a better indication of the health of the engine and something you can scan when not accelerating from one corner to the braking zone of the next. Just my opinion.

Good info!

Thanks!

As Shelbypilot stated, the only issue I have is light wash from the gauge pod at night and the clear color if you have the IUP.

Autometer does however make new colored LED bulbs that may match some comon IUP colors to unify the gauges.

Roger

I installed the gauge pod myself and the autometer gauges come with red or green filters to slip over the bulbs. I choose to leave them clear.

I think the Scangauge is cool, but I bought the SAI pod because it looks so cool. People can also see it from the next lane and have made nice comments at stop lights. The pod, a GT500 Steering wheel and shift boot and the Shelby sig floor mats really make the interior of my car. Money well spent!

Archived