TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ANY MERRIT OR BRAGGING RIGHTS TO 2007 BEING 40TH ANNIVERY CAR

:shift The first mustang shelby was produced in january 1965 as the gt 350 and the gt 500 was introduced in 1967 and Ford made a big deal of saying the 2007 would be the 40th anniversry of the gt 500. It is only the 2007 that is truly the 40th anniversery car- with production going on into 2009 does having a gt 500 2007 have any meaning? To myself it has meaning as it is the 40th year however I doubt it will have any value for that reason- It took courage and extra money for someone to get the 07s and many people bought into the program from spy pictures and magazine tests. Someone will say hey its the 40th anniversery mustang gt 500 and others will say who cares. It is nice to have the 2007 but -----rs

RS,

If you mean that if any 2007 GT500 is more valuable than a 2008 or 2009, then I would say no. If you are talking about a 40th Anniversary car modified at SAI, I would say yes. Regards.

Stuart

PS - I am biased since I have a 40th Anniversary Car 07XL0257.

RS,

If you mean that if any 2007 GT500 is more valuable than a 2008 or 2009, then I would say no. If you are talking about a 40th Anniversary car modified at SAI, I would say yes. Regards.

Stuart

PS - I am biased since I have a 40th Anniversary Car 07XL0257.

+1

:shift:

+1
heres the the issue- there was no kr when the 2007 gt 500 was introduced and manufactured and it was listed as the 40th anniversery car which from 67 to 2007 is fourty years. It came from ford with shelbys blessing. So it is in my mind the 40th anniversery gt 500. Tag or no tag it was promoted in that respect- so is it worth more- to me it is- but would I pay more for a 07 than an 08 - no. Down the long road as these cars become older and less available the 07 will have the advantage of saying it was the first gt 500 all the way back to 1967. 07 first year of production- 08 second- 09 third- 1967 gt 500 first year of production- I paid way over sticker for my 07 and did so because I wanted the first year car- dealers were given only so many cars and they sold for over sticker unless you knew how to play the game from the inside- In my mind all the carol shelby cars he puts his magic to are better for some but not for all. the first run gt500 from ford- as far as value it is hard to say down the road- the shelby touch versus the shelby las vegas car. His name should carry the load but the 2007 is the true 40th anniversery car from ford- how about those apples- wish I had spell check but most people forgive my spelling. The true feeling is being an owner of anything that has the shelby touch be it from ford or shelbys shops. Never expect to see my premium come back to me in value as an 07 but it was worth the money to drive one of the early gt 500s. No regrets unless I paid over sticker for an 08 or 09 which I would have if I had the oppotunity to drive one- glad I hit the button in 07. rs

:shift: heres the the issue- there was no kr when the 2007 gt 500 was introduced and manufactured and it was listed as the 40th anniversery car which from 67 to 2007 is fourty years. It came from ford with shelbys blessing. So it is in my mind the 40th anniversery gt 500. Tag or no tag it was promoted in that respect- so is it worth more- to me it is- but would I pay more for a 07 than an 08 - no. Down the long road as these cars become older and less available the 07 will have the advantage of saying it was the first gt 500 all the way back to 1967. 07 first year of production- 08 second- 09 third- 1967 gt 500 first year of production- I paid way over sticker for my 07 and did so because I wanted the first year car- dealers were given only so many cars and they sold for over sticker unless you knew how to play the game from the inside- In my mind all the carol shelby cars he puts his magic to are better for some but not for all. the first run gt500 from ford- as far as value it is hard to say down the road- the shelby touch versus the shelby las vegas car. His name should carry the load but the 2007 is the true 40th anniversery car from ford- how about those apples- wish I had spell check but most people forgive my spelling. The true feeling is being an owner of anything that has the shelby touch be it from ford or shelbys shops. Never expect to see my premium come back to me in value as an 07 but it was worth the money to drive one of the early gt 500s. No regrets unless I paid over sticker for an 08 or 09 which I would have if I had the oppotunity to drive one- glad I hit the button in 07. rs

Hi all!!!

This is just me thinking out loud. It is my opinion and not SAI's.

I couldn't agree with you more. It is the first GT500 in 40 years and whether it has the 40th Anv package or not. true, with the package, in the long run it will be worth more. But the stock 2007 GT500 is what is is. Just look at a few first runs---vette,t-bird,and yes, even the mopars. is it an instant classic---not really. is it a true muscle car---yupper!!!! Only time will tell what the vehicle will be worth down the road. I'm rooting for it!!!!!

Bud

I have an '08 and i thought about that also but.......it is what it is. I was unable to pull the trigger on an '07 so i had to wait for the '08's. The price down the road should be more for the '07 for the anniversary thing but most future buyers probably won't give it much thought because they probably just want to own any.

One thing I've brought up to Amy was an affordable package for '08 and '09 owners. The '07 owners can choose between the Super Snake package or the more affordable "40th Anniversary" package. The '08 & '09 owners are only limited to the Super Snake package. We need to have something else offered to us that's more in line with the Anniversary package.

Archived